It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: jacygirl
a reply to: skunkape23
\ There is a book I first read years ago, called Carnosaur, \

'Carnosaur' was also a crappy Roger Corman film. They even made a sequel.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

I can understand that, even though we are on opposite sides of this issue. There is a book I first read years ago, called Carnosaur, in which I clearly remember a scene with a boy, in a second floor bedroom, seeing a tarbosaurus (sort of like a smaller t-rex) in his backyard, at the pool, and after the dog. Kid had a fish tank, and parents didn't believe him when he said there was a dinosaur in the yard. I read the book several times, and always loved that scene. Then, The Lost World (movie) came out, and I saw the SAME SCENE in it. I was a bit ticked. Now, I can't find the scene int he book. The copy I used to have drowned in my basement, and the replacement I have does NOT have that scene in it. I suspect that the movie people hunted down and destroyed the old copies, but I can't prove it. It does drive me a bit nuts, though, so I can imagine how you feel about this one.

Yeah this one is more easily explained. Oftentimes there are different cuts and edits of films floating around. A movie might have very slight and barely noticeable changes from the theater to countless home video versions to TV airings etc. It's the same with television programs that usually get altered in some way for syndication rebroadcasts and whatnot. Unlike a book's preface, most films and TV programs don't detail what changes were specifically made to the particular edit you're watching (probably because most people don't even notice.) It's frustrating!

These edits and cuts to films and television used to play havoc with my sense of reality before I realized what a common practice it was. So many times I swore I remembered a line, or a scene that had been cut; or sometimes I'd be introduced to a line or a scene I've never seen before in previous viewings. It's all just part of the magic of film though.

A good example of this is when a movie trailer contains scenes not found in the theatrical version of the movie.
edit on 27-6-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

originally posted by: jacygirl

originally posted by: raymundoko
And there it is. You are so convinced your memory CAN'T be wrong because your idea of yourself is that you have an amazing memory. I think your best option here is to just realize your memory was altered by your perception of how it should be spelled. Many people in this thread have linked scientific studies that show how this occurs.

a reply to: jacygirl

You are correct....I do not believe that I am wrong.

jacy
There ya go! Stay strong. The books....they lie. ~ Andrew Zimmer(ma)n

Aha! I knew eventually we would agree!

I'm reading on a different conspiracy site, basically the same conversation that we are having here.
Kindergarten teachers (among others) swearing it's 'stein'. Actually, the 'steins' are in the majority there too. Everyone is basically mind-blown.

My family had a get-together at my son's home last night. I brought this subject up, and my daughter-in-law ran to my grandson's bedroom to check his books. (They are all 'stein' believers, including my 12-year-old step-granddaughter).
My daughter-in-law is a perfectionist, lol...everything is neat and in it's place.
My grandson's books are all lined up alphabetically on shelves.
She came downstairs looking ill. ALL the Beren-whatever Bears books....were gone. She said they had a 'bunch' of them, and ran downstairs to the playroom. Nothing.

Now they are all searching for proof, lol. They went online on their phones....saw BerenSTAIN...and stared blankly at me. The common consensus was "I don't understand!!"

WHY these bears? Why this one name? Why not Rapunzel...or Pippi Longstocking....or Dr. Seuss?
I tell ya, it's almost becoming an internet meme now.
Weird times my friends....weird times....
jacy

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

What does being a perfectionist have to do with it? Or the fact they are teachers?? Are you completely ignoring the scientific papers that have been linked on group false memory???

Is my memory better than yours because I clearly remember Stain, but my brother remembers stein??

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I believe your memories are real.
I believe my memories are real.

I also believe that scientific papers are somewhat over-rated.

I believe that there are many things that science cannot explain.
I believe that people like logical answers, and that we are not privy to all the knowledge in this universe.

I believe that there is much in our world that has been misrepresented.

Why does my conviction annoy you so much? I have not once tried to discredit your beliefs in any way.
I'm just trying to PROVE my own because I also happen to believe in myself.

My heart is full of love today, after a wonderful re-charge with my children and grandchildren last night.
On that note, I hope you have a wonderful day!
jacy

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Nor do you believe you could be wrong. You are convinced there is just no possible way you can be wrong. That makes for horrible objectivity.

ob·jec·tive
əbˈjektiv/Submit
adjective
(of a person or their judgment) not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts'

You are consciously choosing to ignore the facts because the facts don't line up with your faulty memory. And don't take faulty memory as an insult. It isn't. Almost everyone has false or incorrect memories. Some stronger than others.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

You haven't tried to discredit my beliefs because you can't. I don't have a belief on this issue. Belief is a psychological state in which an individual holds a conjecture or premise to be true. I have no conjecture. I have physical evidence that backs up what I KNOW.

Edit: You don't annoy me at all. I actually find this very amusing.
edit on 27-6-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I could be wrong.

So could you.

jacy

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

But I am not...physical evidence tells us so.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

You haven't tried to discredit my beliefs because you can't. I don't have a belief on this issue. Belief is a psychological state in which an individual holds a conjecture or premise to be true. I have no conjecture. I have physical evidence that backs up what I KNOW.

Edit: You don't annoy me at all. I actually find this very amusing.

I haven't TRIED to discredit your beliefs, because I CHOOSE not to.
Your beliefs don't bother me in the slightest.

My own lack of material proof of my own beliefs, is causing me frustration.
It's not about you.

Many religious people have beliefs that they cannot prove.
I bet they drive you batty?

I'm not about changing other peoples' beliefs. You may believe in the Great Grandfather Unicorn who poops rainbow coloured glitter....I will defend your right to your belief. (even if it's not my belief)

jacy

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

But I am not...physical evidence tells us so.

*sigh*

Okay raymundoko....

Like a good dog, I shall roll over and play dead. I have assumed a position of submission.
Do you feel better, looking down your nose at me now?

I am crazy, should likely be on meds...and maybe have my driver's license taken away.
Apparently, my beliefs are causing you great stress. I do apologize.

Have you ever been in a debate? Where you are given a side to defend, whether it represents your own personal belief...or not? I have. It's fun to be forced to see from both sides.

Some of my other beliefs would likely cause you to foam at the mouth, so I will keep them to myself.
I fear I have caused you enough grief.
jacy

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I am actually a very religious person. I am well educated, yet I believe in God and spirituality. So having faith doesn't bother me. However, people who are religious who don't realize a view may be wrong when confronted with facts suffer from blind faith, which we are warned against in many holy books. Someone should be able to defend their faith.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Your beliefs are in no way causing me stress...I am not sure why you think that. And nobody is looking down on you. I have said several times a faulty memory is not an insult. Sometimes we are just wrong. We don't have to invent a merger of parallel universes to prevent from having to admit we were wrong.

What's funny, is my brother just texted me, and he is now clearly starting to remember the PICTURE of the book, and that it was stain. However, he never really tried to remember the cover of the book until I brought this up with him. he didn't need to remember the cover of the book because he just always assumed it was Bernstein (notice not Berenstein, he was convinced it was Bernstein and that was because I pronounced it BERNSTEEN) My brother is just as educated as I am. He is an agnostic in the lines of most scientists and actually takes much issue with people of faith

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

However, people who are religious who don't realize a view may be wrong when confronted with facts suffer from blind faith, which we are warned against in many holy books. Someone should be able to defend their faith.

....realize a view MAY be wrong....
....confronted with facts....

When you're talking religion, facts are a little hard to come by.
I once had a neighbour/friend who was a Baptist minister. While discussing religion, he said, "God cannot be proven. Either you choose to believe, or you choose to disbelieve."
I thought that was rather open-minded of him.

Science...which you are using as your proof against me....is not 100% accurate, as they only know what they know and CAN prove, and there is much that has not been proven. (Even scientists have theories)

Thank you for continuing on with a discussion. I am not a person who must have the last word, lol.
jacy

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

You know, the thing about this topic is that it's not really a right vs wrong situation.

It's about two sets of people trying to find a logical reason for there being two sets of people.

Why does it matter if they are teachers or book store owners? Because they are the people that would be paying the most attention to spelling. Book store owners are ordering, selling, cataloguing, shelving, etc. book titles and authors.
(Teachers too, actually.)

I found many older pdf files online, written BY teachers, professors, etc. who cited Jan & Stan Berenstein and Berenstein Bears books as resources and preferred reading material. (Also dentists and doctors, naming titles applicable to health and wellness.)

While MY memory might be wrong, I actually believe that these people know what they're doing. Geez, I even put up a link for a cartoonist who worked on Berenstein Bears, and spelled their name accordingly.

Something is going on, something that MY logical mind doesn't understand. I also try to use logic as my foundation, and that is why I'm so involved in this conversation. It's NOT logical. So far, the only logical explanation I can come up with is implanted mistaken memories...but I really find that possibility disturbing.

What is really weird, is that so far...online...the majority of people participating in these discussions are 'stein' supporters. I'd love to know how many of us there are, to be honest. (Someone on another site jokingly said, "144,000") lol. At least I think he was joking.

jacy

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Hello again Jacy,

Just popping in to say I've found so many websites (forums/online shops,etc.)
Where I'd read questions likes this one:

I am looking for books printed with the old spelling "Berenstein" but can't seem to find any. Does anyone know when they started changing the spelling to Berenstain?

(This was a website selling old books.)

I've read at least 10 websites if not more and here are some of their theories:
-They changed their name to seem less Jewish
-We've all died in 2012 and are now in a suspended simulation (what?):O
-Parallel universe theory
- Major glitch in the matrix
- TPTB psyop

Just to mention a few.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

But scientific papers have been linked that show how your logical mind is wrong, as well as most peoples. What do you think of YOUNG book store clerks who say and spell Berenstein even though they have clearly never ever seen it spelled that way. The guy I talked to in B&N was in college so between 18 and 24. If this merger supposedly happened in 1992 then he would only know Berenstain, however he was convinced it was Berenstein and told me I "may have grabbed a knockoff"...really???

Again; Logically it is supposed to be spelled Berenstein, so your brain has tricked you, and most people, into correcting it. it seems only people who had actual conversations about the spelling are the ones who remember it as Berenstain, or those who remember the PICTURE on the cover. Those who just went with the BerenSTYNE or STEEN pronunciation just assumed it was spelled the German way. My mother assumed STAIN was pronounced STYNE because she recognized it as a German looking name. Hence, I pronounced it to my brother that way, and he had a false memory of it being spelled Stein.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

Hey Rainbow!

There is a lot, isn't there?
I started digging in deep, lol...using international search engines, searching "books" instead of "web"...looking for old photographs (found a black & white one with the Berensteins and Theodor Geisel (Dr. Seuss) from a newspaper article...it listed them as BerenSTEIN).

A lot of the boards discussing this topic are veering off into 'awakening'...dark night of the soul...NDE's, etc. It really does seem like some of us come from a different reality. People are looking for common ground...anything that could point to a conclusion of sorts.

So far, no proof...just a lot of very frustrated and confused people.
I saw 11:11 again this morning, and just laughed. "Now what?" I asked, to no one in particular...although the cat winked at me, hehe.
jacy

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
So I brought the book to work with me today and am randomly holding it up and asking people to pronounce it. EVERY SINGLE ONE has said STYNE. The only people who said STAIN were those not from the USA and English is a second language. They actually READ it and saw the AIN.

I would ask again "Are you sure!?" to the people who said STYNE and they would say yes. I would then point to the A and they would go "What the heck!". Their mind was completing the word for them based on first glance.

I am going to wager this is what happened with almost everyone.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

This is absolutely a right vs wrong situation...how is it not? You can't invent made up theories to explain away physical proof...

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join