It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

According to Mike Berenstain....

the "Berenstain" written on the cover of the books would be incorrect....thanks to that unknown immigration officer....

It is completely LOGICAL to believe that if the now Berenstains were once known as the Berensteins, that Berenstein could in fact have been on some books...

This is not an outrageous conspiracy theory...It's VERY PLAUSIBLE that at some point in time there were BerenstEin Bears books...(much more plausible than 95% of the stuff you're going to find on ATS...)

A2D

There is no evidence that said person has anything to do with the books. As of yet, not one single cover with the "e" spelling has been produced. Also, I read these books int he 60's, and it was "-stain" then. Always. The ones we bought in the stores, the ones at the church library, or at school; all of them. I have never seen one with "-stein" on the cover. Keep in mind, too; I had to replace a lot of older books, because we lost many when the basement flooded. Long hours, days spent online looking for replacements to the old copies, and still never a "-stein" on a single cover. Reading this thread, I scanned many pages on Amazon and eBay, looking at these books; all said "Berenstain". This is a case of adults seeing it the wrong way, telling their kids that's how it was, and now many are convinced the spelling changed. Because these are such popular books, many people have the same misconception, and now it's a "conspiracy".

it's a memory issue, nothing more. False memories can and do seem very real to those that have them, and it's hard to understand that they are false. Hence the passionate and adamant responses. I get that; I really do. I can also accept that sometimes things ARE changed, and people fooled. Just not in this case. One, i was there, and remember. The books aren't much older than I am. Two, there is no reason for such a change! NONE. If there was a real change, they'd say so, and the books with an older spelling would end up as collector's items. That isn't the case.

it's amazing, though, that a group false memory has spawned 40+ pages of debate. Fascinating, that.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

here's the original picture to what you mentioned: files.abovetopsecret.com...

the person who posted it believing it to be legitimate didn't know it was photoshopped. whoever photoshopped it probably wanted to trick people.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

It's also amazing that some how the people that remember stEin have false memories...but you remembering stAin...well, your memory is 100% accurate, right?

A2D

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

How do you explain the pictures posted earlier in the thread wherein is depicted the books with both variations of the spelling?

Never say never, eh?

This image?

From what I can see, those all have "-stain". I circled each one for you. Feel fee to post a link,, however.
edit on 26-6-2014 by LadyGreenEyes because: edited to post actual image with circles

edit on 26-6-2014 by LadyGreenEyes because: edit to post actual image

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

It's also amazing that some how the people that remember stEin have false memories...but you remembering stAin...well, your memory is 100% accurate, right?

A2D

I have looked at the books. For decades. Passed them down, collected them. I can see thousands of images of them online, all with "Berenstain" for the spelling. Not a single one with "-stein". I know these books. I love the older ones, with all the bad examples from Papa Bear for various things. They are some of my favorite childhood stories. If we hadn't given them away, I would scan them in for you, but you can see the images online for these. All "Berenstain". Yes, it's a false memory for those thinking it was "Berenstein". All the evidence shows this.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Yes, I'm still digging for proof.

www.namespedia.com...

This site shows statistics, meaning, distribution, famous people, etc. for the name Berenstein.
Stan and Jan Berenstein are listed.

It also lists misspells: Belenstein Berrenstein Berensssein Berensteyn Berenstejn Berensteen Berensteina Breenstein Berensteni Berenstien

I searched this site for 'Berenstain'...there were 0 results.

Does this prove anything? No. But for a few moments, my world felt normal.
jacy

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

the people who spell it -stain are doing so in accordance with all the physical evidence

those spelling it -stein have IMHO subbumed to the fact that -stain is COUNTER-INTUATIVE with -stein being almost ubiquitous other uses - thus they make the error

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I've just found a page from The University of Maine, and a list of selected resources...which includes a long list of book titles and authors.
This is what is written, under Children's Book Suggestions: •Berenstein, Stan. (2000). The Berenstein Bears and the Big Blooper. New York, NY: Random House, Inc.

I have opened the page for Random House, and have decided to either phone them or e-mail.
When I have received an answer (regarding the spelling)...I will post my findings.

jacy

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I searched this site for 'Berenstain'...there were 0 results.

www.namespedia.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

www.namespedia.com...

The search page I used was dated 2006 apparently....yours says 2006-2014. (very bottom of page, left side)

The 2006 search page shows nothing. Maybe we really are in different dimensions.
jacy

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean. I posted the link because you said you found zero results. I found results > zero.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean. I posted the link because you said you found zero results. I found results > zero.

Then just click on the link I posted, enter Berenstain into the search box, and then come back and tell me what results you get please?
Different search pages for the same site from different date are showing different results.

Or,

Yes...you are right, I am wrong. My memory is gone, my mind is addled and I likely shouldn't have access to a computer.
Please have someone remove all pointy objects from my home, I just might decide to run with scissors.
jacy

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Then just click on the link I posted, enter Berenstain into the search box, and then come back and tell me what results you get please?
I get "Results: Berenstain". The "Berenstain" is underscored. It is a link to the results.

Different search pages for the same site from different date are showing different results.
Probably a dimension thing. Apparently my frequency is harmonious with the search page.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

I get "Results: Berenstain". The "Berenstain" is underscored. It is a link to the results.

ahh...hahahaha....so it is!
You are correct.

I guess all that 'banging my head into the wall' the other day was not such a good idea?

jacy

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
OMG,

I now have 100% PROOF that there are at least 2 alternate Universes.

Behold, both Skunkapes from opposing Universes have converged to post on ATS at the same time.

What other explanation could there be for a double post like this?

I made sure to get a screen grab just in case the 2 Universes separate and the post disappears.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Yes, I found the source picture.

a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Ruh-oh! Moved it again. Darnit, I just had a conversation with a guy who said a lot of people mistake NZ being SW because of Tasmania. Now he's telling me people mistake New Guinea for NZ being North. Things are breaking down, the center cannot hold and a great beast is slithering towrds New Zealand.

a reply to: Doodle19815

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
You know, I was really struck by the absolute certainty of your convictions. No doubt whatsoever. But the same can be said of those in the opposite camp. The "-stain" camp says sorry "-steiners", but all many thousands of you are flat wrong.
The "-stein" camp says they are right and something about time or space or whatever.
But you know what, LGE? I happen to agree with you 100%. Having said that, I have great compassion and empathy for the
"-steiners". There but for the grace of God go I... Perhaps the hardest thing for me to do is admit that I am wrong. Some day I will experience that. (Just kidding!) By the way, did you know that "stein" is German for stone. How ironic is that?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagicWand67
OMG,

I now have 100% PROOF that there are at least 2 alternate Universes.

Behold, both Skunkapes from opposing Universes have converged to post on ATS at the same time.

What other explanation could there be for a double post like this?

I made sure to get a screen grab just in case the 2 Universes separate and the post disappears.

That has happened to me more than once here. I don't know why.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I wish I had a dollar for every time i saw Stephen Hawking referred to as Stephen Hawkins.

Typos or inter dimensional time rips?

I'm going with typos.

Berenstain Bears. Always has been. Don't embarrass yourselves. Or, do. No skin off my onion.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join