It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I remember Stein

My son just went and got a coffee mug wehave. It is stain.

This is crazy.
edit on 19-6-2014 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: samkam
news.google.com...,355226 Page 2

news.google.com...,3971495 Page 5

news.google.com...,2772248 Page 25

news.google.com...,1087536 Page 38

news.google.com...,3327273 Page 6-B

The third link has pictures of the books, but I cannot zoom in closely enough to read the titles.

The last link has a synopsis of "The Bears Vacation" by "Jan and Stan Berenstein"

Yes so this seems to be a way that they can alter online names, showing us how fragile our history is, for they can alter anything they wish. And yet we didn't switch universes, at least not IMO.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
It's stain and not stein. My brother & I read the books as kids (we had ALL of them) and my kids watch the series on YT. It's always been Berenstain, not Berenstein. People are just remembering wrong, and I guarantee it's because of your accents. Pronunciation varies, and we tend to revert to spelling how we hear things, even if it's incorrect.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Very interesting to read the comments in that link to find the actual son responded to the theory, thus debunking it in a very extraordinary way that still requires faith it was indeed the son of Berenstsain.

When I was around 15-16 I had an argument about the name of the Bears, and someone was able to prove it to me. It really weirded me out, but I was of course about 6-8 years old when I read those books.
When someone mispronounces something, your brain tries to spell it in that order. Then you accept that version, never really reading it correctly ever since. Almost dyslexic.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
People mispronounce words all the time and that becomes the way they see the words spelled.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99

originally posted by: samkam
news.google.com...,355226 Page 2

news.google.com...,3971495 Page 5

news.google.com...,2772248 Page 25

news.google.com...,1087536 Page 38

news.google.com...,3327273 Page 6-B

The third link has pictures of the books, but I cannot zoom in closely enough to read the titles.

The last link has a synopsis of "The Bears Vacation" by "Jan and Stan Berenstein"

Yes so this seems to be a way that they can alter online names, showing us how fragile our history is, for they can alter anything they wish. And yet we didn't switch universes, at least not IMO.

The second link has the most recent date of the spelling of Berenstein as May 14, 2003. I wonder if there is a more recent date of that spelling and when the name appears as Berenstain initially. That would isolate the potential date of a temporal bifurcation event (the splitting/branching of a time line, eg. a branch on the bifurcation tree).

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/19.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: thisguy27

I remember them as BerenstAin. Although, when I woukd think about those books from time to time when reminiscing about my childhood, I thought it was odd that everybody mispronounced the surname of the characters.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Well that's all the proof I need. Alternate Universe it is.

Unless,

I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt! See if yuor fdreins can raed tihs too.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Here is the thing -- I bet every single person who thinks it was Berenstein and not Berenstain -- and attributes this misperception some sort of time warp -- these people probably all have traditional surnames, or a last name that is spelled exactly as it sounds. But my wife's surname / maiden name (which I will omit here) is spelled a non-traditional way.

According to my wife -- nobody has EVER spelled her maiden name correctly.

She reminds me -- even I didn't get her maiden name exactly right for YEARS after we were married -- I kept misspelling it myself. Really. It happens. It is a very common human foible.

Also, In the first comment of the OP's article, this is what Mike Berenstain said -- the son of Jan and Stan Berenstain (yes, the son of the AUTHORS of these Bear books) -- he said THIS about his OWN NAME:

"it has always been spelled that way by our family and it has always been misread and mispronounced by nearly everyone."

Yeah. Right. I totally understand and believe that. This is just a very common mistake made by a lot of people -- most of the people here -- and probably a lot of editors and proof readers, too.

Why is that so hard to accept, that you would suspect this might actually be due to some time line shift???

The people here who are commenting on Occam's razor here are simply saying you are substituting a very complex and unbelievable answer (time warp) for something that has a much better explanation (simple and common mistake about a person's last name.)

AND ONE MORE note (because I can't leave this topic alone, sorry) I frankly always thought is was BERNSTEIN Bears -- now I find it is "BEREN" instead of "BERN" and also "STAIN" instead of "STEIN", so I am just really disillusioned at my spelling ability altogether.

edit on 19-6-2014 by Axial Leader because: Because I can't stop.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
If there were two universes with a different spelling in each then wouldn't the two universes have to have merged?

How could people in two different universes be existing together and discussing it.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
How could people in two different universes be existing together and discussing it.

Duh! Us in the -stein camp were transplanted into the -stain universe after 2012.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

So a merge.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Like most of the rest of you, I always remembered it as BerenstEin which is sad because I watch the show all the time with my 6 year old. I still didn't want to believe it, even after reading the comment from the son of the creators in the OP link so I went searching. And I found one that belonged to my wife or her sister when they were kids. So here are a couple of photos and the copy write date for this run/printing is 1985 so it was probably my sister in-law's who was 5 at the time. Photos are Front cover:

front cover close up on BerenstAin

inside panel copy write date

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: roadgravel

Duh! Us in the -stein camp were transplanted into the -stain universe after 2012.

You could be right. Maybe Nibiru destroyed the "Stein" timeline so we were forced to merge. The 2012 doomsdayers were correct... just in another timeline.

Yep. That's what I'm sticking with. It's much more interesting.

edit on 6/19/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Now that we've solved this ancient Mayan mystery, I'm going to go listen to some Bruce Springstain

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Now that we've solved this ancient Mayan mystery, I'm going to go listen to some Bruce Springstain

You do that and I'll play back up on my "Stainway".

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
There is no use in arguing. Those who were always in this -stain timeline have no reason to consider that the name was ever spelled -stein because for them, it wasn't. This would apparently include the Berenstain son who posted in that Mandela site about his families name...in THIS timeline.
Now, I wonder if that other timeline is lost to us or if can be popped back into?

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
"There are only two things that are infinite. The Universe and human stupidity."
Alfred Einstain

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
good find samkan!! Evidence of it being spelled Berenstein.

Perhaps it was commonly mis-spelled a long time ago? Or these old docs have somehow evaded being changed over? Still weird.

What I want to know is. Who and why is someone rewriting my past...

I too remember it always being spelled Berenstein.

Des

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Axial Leader
What does lollypop, liason, millenium, pharoah, bizzare and supercede have in common with berenstein?

Lol god damn it don't do that, I already have trouble with words like that.

lollipop, liaison, millennium, pharaoh, bizarre and supersede

Ah... I feel better now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join