It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:29 PM
Have still been reading through this thread. It's been interesting reading. I'm with the Berensteins, born in 1973, have had several instances of where I should have died, but I haven't. I've been seeing these numbers for some time now. I didn't like it at all at first, and now I just laugh. Don't know what else to do other than that. 1010, 1111, 1212, 111, 222, 333, 444, and 555.
edit on 25-6-2014 by CatrionaBeldame because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:31 PM
***ATTENTION*** about we stop discussing each other, and we get back on track with the topic at hand? I think that would be pretty nice, don't you?

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:37 PM
a reply to: CatrionaBeldame

Hey Catriona!
For years I would go to bed at 10 pm, and I was always a sound sleeper who would awaken with the alarm.
Suddenly, every single night, I would wake up and look at the clock at exactly 11:11 pm. Also every morning. (for years and years)
This was before the internet.

I have ridiculous synchronicities all the time...I'm just so used to them occurring now.

There appears to be a rather large number of us remembering 'stein', so I cannot believe that we are all just folks with bad memories.
I used to be a secretary, on an old manual typewriter...with carbon copies. I had to be anal about spelling and typo's because if not, the copies would be a smudgy mess. I'm still anal about spelling. Also, my memory is quite awesome, lol.

This shizzle is whack!! I'm annoyed...the book store was closed. The mystery continues.

edit on 25-6-2014 by jacygirl because: spelling...cuz I'm anal

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:45 PM
So was reading the thread a few days ago but it's moved pretty fast.
Did anyone get any pictures of it saying Berenstein? Or are they all "Stain" ? Anyone find any at home?

I'm guessing it's mostly to do with pronunciation.... then thinking it was spelled that way.
It could well be some weird parallel universe/dimension thing too I guess, who knows eh?

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:48 PM

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:55 PM
a reply to: _Del_

She slips up early though if you listen carefully. "I'm Jan BerenstAYN, half of the original creative team of the BerenstEEN bears..."

Really? First 30 seconds is all it takes.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:58 PM

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:16 PM
a reply to: jacygirl

Note to anyone interested in searching:

If you put "Jan and Stan Berenstein" into the search on google....then instead of searching 'Web' 'Books' will find a LOT of published books for parents, teachers, BY teachers, etc. that all cite works by Jan and Stan BerenSTEIN.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:37 PM

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:08 PM
I've asked 4 coworkers(English teachers, who are older than me) to spell Berenst*in and they all spelled it as Berenstein.

You want to hear what's interesting?
They aren't native English speakers like me, they are Lebanese and 2 of them even told me remembering their parents reading some of these books to them as children.
When I told them it's actually spelled with an -a-, they looked confused and said they'd check it out after school.

People who know teachers, know how obsessed we are with spelling and grammar, so this was a total shock to them and to my humble self.

I'm still standing firmly by the parallel universes theory.
It seems to make more sense to me day by day.

Oh, and Jacy,
If he doesn't want it, I'll gladly take that hug.
Positive energy/ good karma is always good, and when received a blessing.

edit on 25/6/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

edit on 25/6/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: added a thought

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:14 PM
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

Because everybody in the thread has been polling, I did the same.

All the people I asked just admitted that they didn't remember well enough to make a guess either -stein or -stain. (After I got their answers, I explained the reason for asking and brought them up to speed.)

This is actually a very interesting result in my opinion. I didn't lead them with questioning toward a specific answer, nor did they attempt to answer aided by a false memory. I asked in all 4 people, each just saying they didn't recall well enough to provide an answer.

So, I can't help but think that the people who remember, seem to remember -stein, the people that looked it up are saying -stain (there have been very, very few in this thread who remember it as -stain from memory alone,) and people who truly don't remember are admitting as much.

It just makes me wonder about the whole false, implanted memory thing (not to say it doesn't exist as a phenomenon, but that I'm not sure it explains the entire issue here) because there's plenty of people who are willing to admit they don't remember. On the other hand, a lot of us that are most insistent are the ones who were spelling champs, enthusiastic readers, people who have confidence in their reliable memories, and who had closer relationships with these books.

Fascinating, Captain.

And I'm going to invite myself into that hug there

edit on 25-6-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:20 PM
How did you pronounce it?? When I pronounce it BerenSTAYN I haven't really had anyone spell it Stein...

a reply to: Rainbowresidue

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:24 PM
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha
Come along then you big NB.

More positive energy all around I say!

There's so many of us, ...
I know my memory is correct, it has never failed me.
I have coworkers making jokes about how my brain is like a computer, because they keep asking me for times/dates of meetings/conferences, and I always remember.

I'm going to look into several things tomorrow:
23 enigma
More about parallel universes
and finally
I will try to keep on looking for some hand-made art that has Berenstein on it.
Good night everyone.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:34 PM
a reply to: raymundoko

There's pessimism, sarcasm, and then there's raymundokoism.
It doesn't matter which way I pronounced it, because they all remembered the books from their childhood.
I really tried having normal conversations with you so many times...
From now on please don't be surprised if I do not waste my precious time and answer you anymore.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:39 PM

Polled another friend. Messaged her a picture of the bears. "Who is this," I asked. She said, "Seriously? They are my favorite! I even have a Papa Bear" (I actually did not know this, but she has worked with kids for ages, so I knew she would know them). And I said, "Okay, but who are they?" "The berenstein bears!", she exclaimed. "How do you pronounce it," I asked. "Berensteen", she said. And that's when I freaked her out more than I had been. She had to go retrieve a book and said, "I'm looking at the cover and it says, 'Berenstain', but and it doesn't even look right"

My total is: my household and two friends, six people in total. 6 -Steins, 0 -stains.

All conducted in similar manner without pronouncing or presenting the name. Just the picture and "who is this?", "how do you spell it?", and "how do you pronounce it?"

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:49 PM
a reply to: Diderot

On and on and on. To those who embrace the "-stein", I would ask if you actually recall a conscious mental imprinting of the spelling. Why would "-stein" leave a lasting imprint compared to "-stain"?

That would like be like asking why do we remember Pooh Bear and not Pah Bear. It is what it is.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:02 PM
I brought up that same point earlier. Why aren't there other children's books we're misspelling? Winnia the Poob!

Spider-man is always spelled with a dash. Did you know that? It was meant to distinguish itself so that it didn't look too similar to Superman (spelled as one word.)

When I was not very familiar with Spider-man, I sometimes mislabeled as Spiderman*. Now that I have seen the cover a few times on comics or movie posters, I never spell it without that dash. I've been exposed to the correct spelling, internalized it, and used it every time thereafter. Don't we do this all the time? Isn't this how we learn?

Didn't we look at the Berenst_in Bears cover and absorb it and internalize it after repeated exposure to it? It's just boggling how we all made this simple mistake on this one specific item, and never corrected ourselves for it.

*To be fair to the -stain group, I still see this error, Spiderman, propagated a lot

edit on 25-6-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:07 PM
a reply to: boomerdude
What am I missing here? It is SE of Australia on my maps.....

I once would have said NE, but I still think I had a bad geography teacher.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:27 PM

Whelp, Apple doesn't. And besides, when listing on eBay, Amazon, or Etsy, you don't use word or any MS office product.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:34 PM
Still haven't heard from Leo or Mike...

Frustrating to say the least. I'm hoping by next week I will at least receive ONE reply.

I'll keep you guys posted and will let you know if I receive any information.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>