It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TWILITE22

Because it was Zimmerman!
I figured it out!!!
There is some maniac villain going around changing names, and driving us all mad.
Lol

To: NarcolepticBuddha
I am still reading a lot about parallel universes, and it still seems like a possibility to our conundrum.
I've been fascinated by the subject for years.

edit on 25/6/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Right, and in his new article he admits his old one was a joke...he was trying to make a scientific excuse for his bad memory...

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
so yeah. People are wrong.

Just not you. Got it.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: TWILITE22

I'm with you I thought it was Zimmerman,...what the heck is going on?
I'm baffled!!!

Just to confuse things even more (yay)...I'm one of the stubborn -steiners, and I remember Zimmern. I thought it was Zimmerman the first time I heard/ saw the show, but realized it was Zimmern. I never made that mistake again. So I can't really offer my support for the Zimmerman memory.

It confuses me because they do pronounce it Zimmerman on television, I have never heard it Zimmerm.
edit on 25-6-2014 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Hey, off-topic kind of:

I had some terribly powerful deja vu the other day not long after making my rounds on this thread. Anyone else lately?

Also I realized that I was thinking about the Berenst_in bears just a few days before this thread got posted. I was listening to this children's song about a bear, and was thinking bears aren't really all that friendly in nature--why are they singing about bears? Why are bears often presented as friendly, funny characters to children? Country bear jamborees, books about bears like Berenst_en, Little Bear, Goldilocks etc.

..when in reality your best bet when seeing a bear is just to play dead and hope it's not hungry!

So I was already thinking of bears a bit before this thread and came across Berenst_in once again

Oh yeah and 2 days ago I distinctly thought to myself while driving, "I hope my truck doesn't break down this summer because I really can't afford that now." Guess what happened yesterday

I guess what I'm on about is--anybody else experiencing deja vu or other phenomenon like synchronicity (11:11 for example) or predictive thoughts?

This has been a very strange week for me since I entered the thread!

edit on 25-6-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
Why not the real option? You remember it wrong, and more than likely mispronounced it to your children so now they spell it wrong...

You know what? I'm going to just let that slide...because seriously, if I was one of the people who always saw it as 'stain' I would be arguing too.

But...I don't remember it wrong, and I certainly did NOT pronounce it wrong.
I have no explanation, but I will not back down on this issue.

My kids (all scholars) remember me waffling between pronunciations of 'stein' (steen/styne) when I spoke with them.
I did not however mispronounce STAIN.

I have no answers, but sheesh....I sure am trying. (Don't I get at least a cookie for effort?)
jacy

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Hey, sorry about your truck!

I have been seeing 11:11 for over 30 years now.
Lots of stories about that, lol.

jacy

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Yes, alot of 11:11 and 4:44 since I was a teenager, about for 20 so years now.

Synchronicity has become a part of my life.
I don't question it anymore, just accept it.

You said it's off topic, but who knows? Maybe it isn't.

Deja vu,well in a sense..
Sometimes I dream about work/family related things that then happen the next day.

edit on 25/6/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: added a thought

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

Hey, sorry about your truck!

I have been seeing 11:11 for over 30 years now.
Lots of stories about that, lol.

jacy

Yes, I have a feeling there are a lot of things we -steins have in common (other than our stubbornness
) NDE may be one of them, synchronicity may be another. I have a feeling we may be birds of a feather for some reason.

(I've done the 11:11 thing for years; before I even knew about paranormal investigation, spiritual jibber-jabber, or sites like ATS where I could corroborate these things. But that's a whole other topic!)

Too often the connections are so complex and sophisticated that we may never get concrete answers. I usually refuse to cut myself on Occam's Razor; the mystery and wonderment is what pushes me onward, the restlessness.

Edit: Just to add that I've noticed 11:11 quite a bit lately, often while browsing this particular thread. Just passed it now...

edit on 25-6-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rainbowresidue

Synchronicity has become a part of my life.
I don't question it anymore, just accept it.

I have experienced insane levels of synchronicity at times. It used to freak me out, but now I just go with it. It is a very real phenomenon for some people at least. I try to pay attention to it now. It seems like something is trying to communicate and I'm not wise enough to get the message. It definitely has a sense of humor at times. Read up on the 23 enigma if you're not familiar.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23
Yes, I agree about the sense of humor.

I wish I knew what causes it.
I'm not as surprised when it happens anymore, just tell my husband/ or friend " Well another case of synchronicity."
I've got too many happening weekly to mention.

I never thought about it actually having a 'message' for me.
That's an interesting way to look at it.
You've given me food for thought, thank you.

So a lot of us Steiners experience synchronicity then, eh?

The plot thickens.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Euphem

Okay so then you believe it is possible that there are different "timelines" where in one they were spelled Berenstein, and the other Berenstain?
No, I don't believe that is possible. I don't know that it is impossible. The idea does seem convoluted to me as a solution to this but I haven't argued against it.

Other than some theory like that, there is no way to explain this with anything other than logic.
Even if that turns out to be true I have not reached "beyond my logical boundaries".

So I will ask you, do you believe that is possible? That I am from a parallel universe where it was spelled Berenstein? If not than this has gone past your logical boundaries.
Nice bait and switch attempt. Any aspects of the topic which may be beyond "my logical boundaries" are not evidence that I have reached beyond as you alleged. Get it straight.

If you do think it is possible than maybe you should look back at your vast number of posts on this thread stating otherwise.
Vast number stating otherwise? That's bull#. I might consider putting forth a better effort against that piece of nonsense if you knew the difference between "then" and "than".

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
If anyone is still keeping track ...

STAIN

NDE : alcohol induced coma age 12

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
On and on and on. To those who embrace the "-stein", I would ask if you actually recall a conscious mental imprinting of the spelling. Why would "-stein" leave a lasting imprint compared to "-stain"? And please, please stop polling friends, family, and book stores for their opinion. You are just setting yourself up for disappointment. I assert that each and every instance on "-stein" began as someone's oblivion or inattentiveness. Each and every one. I would not be surprised if the Berenstain family gave up on the controversy long ago. Am I generally less infallible than you are? Hell no!

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Steiner
Texas

One NDE.

Barnes and Nobles Clerk, as well as 3 other Parents I asked all are stein ears too

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

It caught me a little off guard when Mrs. Berenstain pronounced his name "Guyzel.

When I first read the name "Geisel" i pronounced it like you wrote, "Guyzel". But I've never seen that name that I can recall.

Anyway, what did you think when you heard her and her son pronounce their own last name "BerenstAin"?

(post by Euphem removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot
On and on and on. To those who embrace the "-stein", I would ask if you actually recall a conscious mental imprinting of the spelling.

Remember how you asked this already? and how I answered you already? On and on and on indeed!

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Hey Deny,
Have a *hug*

(I thought you were a Reformed Vitriolic...?)

I posted a link (yeah, I know...I've posted a lot)...but this one was from a cartoonist who worked on Disney, Garfield, Popeye, and a lot more...and also BerenSTEIN Bears. I would have figured that he would spell it right, yes?

I can understand you thinking we're all forgetful codgers lol, but this is really driving some of us crazy. Can't you see how frustrating it must be?

No need to turn this into a nasty thread...let's put our brilliant minds together and see if we can find answers! (Likely we won't, but it's kind of an adventure).
jacy

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

It caught me a little off guard when Mrs. Berenstain pronounced his name "Guyzel.

When I first read the name "Geisel" i pronounced it like you wrote, "Guyzel". But I've never seen that name that I can recall.

Anyway, what did you think when you heard her and her son pronounce their own last name "BerenstAin"?

Well, they're clearly impostors bent on destruction of all surviving holdovers from the Berenstein reality. She slips up early though if you listen carefully. "I'm Jan BerenstAYN, half of the original creative team of the BerenstEEN bears..."

Who do you think you are fooling old lady?! What did you do with the Berensteins!?!?!

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join