It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I admit this is all rather difficult, and damn near impossible, to wrap my head around....

My theories vary greatly from very simple to extremely complex...but none seem more plausible than the next.(and that's the huge problem....no single theory I have come up with stands out as the clear and definitive "BEST" solution...)

1)Incorrect memories
2)Pronunciation ambiguity(varying pronunciations, unclear how to enunciate which could incorrectly represent the spelling of Berenstein/stain)
3)Name change (spelling change- various reasons, namely antisemitism)
4)Time travel (would only affect the spelling if a major event were somehow altered, think WWII and previous statement...)
5)Time slips (reality as we know it is....not all that known...our theories of gravity are not unified...we substitute "hidden" matter/energy to solve equations...etc etc.)
or even 6) intentional communication (quite elaborate...and ANY theoretical being(s), whether earthbound or not, could be in the drivers seat of this one...)

These are just a few of the things I've been working through my head recently....and like I mentioned previously....none seem any more plausible than the next....

(And I really hate Occam's razor because it's merely an assumption....and not a good one at that...Physics for example began quite elegant and simplistic...but has now become MORE AND MORE COMPLEX....culminating in our now ridiculous insane 10-11 dimensions of space and the existence of unobservably small “strings” as the fundamental building block of reality....)

A2D

edit on 23-6-2014 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Quick update:

I'm currently trying to get in contact with the real Mike(Mic) Berenstain...I'm figuring this out one way or another...

Unfortunately I cannot pull email or phone for him but I have pulled physical address and will be posting responses here as soon as I can...(It's good to know people...LOL)

A2D

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: oblvion

I'm with you on that one too. I didn't know what Jew was until I was in high school. Out in the boondocks that far back... You didn't really run into anything but black and white. I am 37 years old and I still do not personally know a Jewish person. There's not a Temple anywhere near here. And here is where I grew up. I never left.

It would have never occurred to me until I was almost in high school that name spellings indicated anything other than that's the way they spelled it.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Doodle19815

It's been one or two on here that have bordered on ugly and I don't know why. There is no way to prove that millions of people are just crazy for remembering "Stein". I am also not sure why trying to find out why we remember it the way we do irritates those few people. It's not like anyone is claiming there's a different queen or something.

I honestly think that both sides are correct in their memory. Seriously. I would prefer to find out that there were just a mass amount of books printed with the wrong spelling than I would something earth shattering. I don't really care for earth shattering really. I prefer my quiet life with some misspelled books over any other option that could be had.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I've been reading this thread for 2 days now. Yes I remember the books and I am a 'steiner' ...a perplexed one at that. What's weird is, couple of days ago I searched "Berenstein Bears -Berenstain" (in which the minus sign negates return of hits that have Berenstain in the title.) Two days ago, I STILL got all Berenstain. Just now... well... you go try it.

Type this into Google:

Berenstein bears -Berenstain

So now, there are bunches of hits? But not two days ago? Some of these hits are movie theatres, tickets to shows, etc... Like this one from Ticketmaster: Stan and Jan Berenstein Bears

So, what gives? How will everyone feel if tomorrow you wake up to a full-blown Berenstein world where this thread does not even exist, except in your memory...

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doodle19815

Even if our memory is faulty, there is no reason for insults. We can clearly see that we are somehow incorrect, we just don't know why or how.

Your memory is not faulty, it is fragmented.

You are neither correct or incorrect. In time the memory fragments will fade away and you will adapt to the new reality.

These memory issues are usually rare.

Or mayby you're all crazy?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I too remember them as Berenstein and it blows my mind that I have remembered so incorrectly.

This is a classic case of the oddities of memory. How 10 people can witness the same event and yet have 10 different versions of the "truth" that vary subtly to hugely.

Quite a psychologically interesting phenomena.

My wife (who used to work in a book store) swears they really were Berenstein as opposed to stain....

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I heard back from my son who grew up on those books, and without hesitation he said, "It's Berenstain." He clearly remembers it that way. I guess I remembered incorrectly after all, like so many others. Maybe it's an age thing, who knows, but his memory was with the "A" so I believe him. Interesting to say the least.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
Quick update:

I'm currently trying to get in contact with the real Mike(Mic) Berenstain...I'm figuring this out one way or another...

Unfortunately I cannot pull email or phone for him but I have pulled physical address and will be posting responses here as soon as I can...(It's good to know people...LOL)

A2D

My guess there is you either won't receive a reply or it will be rather hostile in nature. The digging I have been doing has kind of lead me to think he is not a very pleasant guy on this subject.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Regardless of his attitude...I am determined to figure this out....

If Mike doesn't answer I'm getting in contact with Leo Berenstain(management for the franchise)...Hell, I may even contact Leo regardless, if I manage to pull any info on him...just so that I can compare the 2 responses...(if indeed they even respond...)

A2D

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
It was Berenstein. There's no way it was anything else.

In this multiverse it seems the stains have it, and even former steiners are switching to the stain side. Memory manipulations more than anything to me seems to be what is going on.

However, there is a higher percentage of people that believe it was stein. To me, that sort of mass belief leads me to believe that more research is needed.....A definite anomaly to explore.

I just finished the whole thread, and will ask co-workers tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I was just going to PM this to you because I knew many would find my thoughts silly. But, hey... It's ATS. How much weirder can I be than anyone else here? So I will just post it for anyone that cares to read it.

Before I start I do want to state that I don't really buy (as I have already said too many times in this thread) into time merging, alternate universes, slips, shifts, etc. I don't normally think of anything in my world in those terms. I am grounded and always look for a reason that something is the way it is. I don't believe in the boogeyman, dead people haunting us, etc. I think that is why this bothers me so much. I need a reason that I recall this the way that I do and I can't find one yet. I am hoping there were a bunch of misprints that we can trace back to so I can quit thinking about it.

And thinking about it brought a thought to me out of the blue...

One that does involve timeline changes amongst other things.

Who here that remembers "Stein" has ever had a feeling that you may have died before? I don't mean reincarnated. I mean died and continued on in another timeline almost the same as the one you left but not quite??

Think back to any kind of near death illness/accident. Think back if you have ever been in the car and came so close to an accident that it took you days to ponder how you DIDN'T hit the other car, DIDN'T go over the guardrail, DIDN'T merge into oncoming traffic after hitting ice. You braced yourself for the hit. You knew it was coming. You gritted your teeth so hard, they hurt the next day. You just knew there was no way you were going to avoid it.... Yet you did.

Well...maybe you didn't. Maybe you left your current timeline only to pick up in another timeline. Maybe in the next few weeks/months/years you notice small differences in how people acted, how much crappier your job had become, how your spouse's attitude had changed, etc. maybe that could include things like spelling as well. Maybe when you didn't make it, you left the "Stein" behind and merged into the "Stain".

Being one who normally does not hold truck with ideas like this, I am not even sure why it came to me. I would never claim it as true because I don't know WTH is going on.

It would certainly make for a good movie at any rate.

Now everyone can have a laugh on me.

PS To Jacy... You never did PM me that link. If you did ATS ate it.

edit on 6/23/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/23/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe I personally have never associated my near death experiences with "Stein" before, and I''ve had several. Such as the near misses driving mostly, happens a lot to be honest and recently I might add. Of course now that you mentioned it I bet next time it will pop into my head and I'll see "stein" or think it.

In reference to the Berenstein Bears of course it's with an E, not A! When I asked my now young adult son how it was spelled he said with the "A" immediately like it was duh, Mom. Perhaps that is the difference and maybe others need to ask the younger generation that has recently read those books the question. I'd like to know if it's a generational/time thing. I will be dreaming of those darn bears tonight, sigh.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
All right, we have so far been hashing things out in a somewhat incoherent manner. We need to get something going as to be a basis for actual research. Agreetodisagree is looking into things in the current time line by contacting authors and people representing them. That's a good start. Now we need to get something together as a way to proceed from here.

The majority of us agree there is something to this, we must not let this fade into nothing.

So I'm asking of you all, lets put together a plan to figure this out. We can do this, together.

Where do we go from here?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Not saying that I buy into any of this multiverse stuff, but I HAVE seen this theory brought up a couple of times in my curious research into this (mostly just anecdotes from others that I've read online involving the Mandela Effect) . I still believe we've all just remembered wrong, but this topic IS exciting and your theory is actually pretty popular so far, so no reason to feel all that self conscious over it in the least.

Also, a few months ago, I kicked over a dead tree in the woods and it snapped in half and fell down. I started off sprinting and outran it and didn't get struck... Or did I?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

Who here that remembers "Stein" has ever had a feeling that you may have died before? I don't mean reincarnated. I mean died and continued on in another timeline almost the same as the one you left but not quite??

I have had precisely that thought before. I will spare the details, but I should absolutely be dead. I have definitely wondered if when one dies, consciousness just picks back up in a slightly different reality. The 'stein/stain' debate is not the only example I've observed of things I "knew" being different at some point years later. I have also experience meeting people who knew me that I would swear I've never met in my life.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Myomistress

Well... It's always nice to know that your idea isn't isolated lunacy I suppose.

I don't think we are remembering wrong. I think it is most likely that there were a mass amount of books published that were misprinted. That is the first most logical explanation since so many do recall it very distinctly. I keep hoping that's what it is at any rate, as I fear my head would implode if it were anything else. It would also explain the pic that was posted on one of the first few pages of this thread that had the name of the book listed as Berenstein, but the authors as Berenstain.

I really, really wish that someone could find and old book with the misspelling on it in person though so we could be sure it was authentic.

The thread needs a happy ending.

I hope you didn't die under the tree. That is unless you would prefer a new timeline... Then I guess I hope you did. lol Insanity!!!

originally posted by: skunkape23

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

I have had precisely that thought before. I will spare the details, but I should absolutely be dead. I have definitely wondered if when one dies, consciousness just picks back up in a slightly different reality. The 'stein/stain' debate is not the only example I've observed of things I "knew" being different at some point years later. I have also experience meeting people who knew me that I would swear I've never met in my life.

Then I guess my theory isn't quite as far out there as I had thought. It did/does sound sort of insane to me still yet even though I thought it. It will be interesting to see who else in this thread have had those feelings. Your stranger scenario is a perfect one. I have never in my life walked up to anyone and spoke to them like I knew them when I didn't. I might forget someone's name if they didn't make a huge impression... But never their face. It's weird.
edit on 6/24/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: thisguy27

omfg.. I have to say this is the first post that made feel like I am in the twilight zone for real.

It couldn't be the case that everybody remembers it spelled with an 'e' and feel startled to find it spelled differently (which seems to be the case).

There would have to be at least a few people that remember it with the errr.. 'correct spelling'.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofsheba

That's a really interesting observation.

A (real) scientific test for this would be to ask kids pre-(whatever fixed year) how it was spelled (well I guess they're not kids anymore), and kids after the year of said change. If there is a high consistency (or 100%) consistency, in how they spell it, then we know this is some genuine crazy sh*t.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join