It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: oblvion

..Just take a breath mate.

This type of happening isnt particularly rare, there are several other facets as well and this is not the first one nor do I feel it will be the last.

If you want to wait for some random poster to share all of the answers, you will be waiting a long time. If you are used to science, then perhaps your box that you have been exploring needs to expand.

There are several simple explanations, as well as ones that get more complex. The simplest, currently, is that they changed the name at some point or that everyone is simply remembering incorrectly. However, faulty memories do not tend to have this kind of conviction, wherein the correct "image" looks completely wrong.

There are quite a few avenues to take to explore it.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Yes, it would be nice if we could pick TheOneElectric's brain.
He did gives us kind of a warning that if we dig deeper, soon they'd know.
(If I remember correctly.)

I also think there are other members here, that could share their thoughts,and I'd be glad to listen.
Sled where are you?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rainbowresidue
a reply to: jacygirl

Fellow Canadian -Stein member reporting for duty.

I've had a couple of days to mull this over and have come up with my own theory. It's crazy - sounding, and out there, and I'd probably never tell my coworkers about it, but here it goes.

My intuition tells me that the timeline has been changed.
By those who have the technology to time travel.
This must be something on such a high security level that most probably that country's president won't even know about it.

They did this to prevent a massive genocide, or for a WWIII to break out, or whatever catastrophic event they were trying to prevent.

Their technology isn't perfect, something went wrong... and now half of us remember the changes and half of us think there never were any changes.
(Mandela, New Zealand, Berenstein-Berenstain, etc.)

Their faulty time travel project had app. half of us remembering things before the change as a side effect.

Ok, now you can all sling your tin foil hats at me.

lol

I assure you, this has crossed my mind, I dismissed it outright, due to my scientific mind recoiling from it in utter disbelief.

I cant bring myself to dismiss this no matter what cause, as this does seem likely given our current "black budget" and the secret tech we know about. We know that mainstream are pushing these boundaries, if the mainstream of science is doing this, they have done it, at leat 12 times.

I like your theory, it is better than any I posed.

I award you a tin foil hat, it is the leat your thoughts on this deserve.

Your contributions were at least many times more worthy than mine.......PLZ continue!!

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Oh, thank you.
*Raises new tin foil hat proudly*
I have my rare moments.

Jokes aside, I have been thinking about this -time travel and something gone wrong along the way- scenario the last couple of days.

I am also very much interested in science, space exploration etc.
But I had to think outside of the box to get to my conclusion.

I could be dead wrong, but at least I'm thinking about it, and trying to solve a riddle.

I think we should all start sharing our theories, and together we might come up with something.

Ps: I think our contributions are worth exactly the same.

edit on 23/6/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: added a thought

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boswell
a reply to: _Del_

your response was funny, but you didn't answer my question. when was the last time you picked up a Berenstain book?

I'm glad you weren't scared off forever.

It has been about ten years since I read any of those books with my sons. Much, much longer since I was exposed to them as a child in the seventies. I am more than willing to chalk this up to my faulty memory or old age. I don't really think there is a time shift or a dimensional shift (but what do I know?). My comment was tongue in cheek since we were so focused on the spelling already.

Except my poor memory of the spelling (completely plausible) does not explain why we have always pronounced them "Berensteen" if it were spelled "Berenstain".

There was also a picture of several books. One had Berenstain, one had Berenstein on the spine. Two of them had Berenstain in the title, but were part of the Berenstein Bears Cub Club collection. On the same book.

This makes me think that in the past "Berenstein" appeared in at least some of the printings. Perhaps it was a printing house error. Noone is crazy in this scenario, nor shifting realities.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hayyel

originally posted by: boomerdude
This reminds me of the kerfluffle when some folks distinctly remember New Zealand being to the Southeast of Australia instead of North. Course none of the folks on the Southeast side actually lived in New Zealand.

As one of the people from that thread who are convinced that NZ *had* changed position on the map (and even though I don't live there, I was VERY well-acquainted with the country and it's positioning due to a friend who DID live there and always had me looking at the country on maps, and where it was in association with Australia...), this -stein/-stein thing is basically what we experienced, except more people are agreeing with this one than we had agreeing with us.
What frustrates me is people thinking that it just suddenly somehow changed, and older books will have the correct (what we remember) spelling. Like when they thought old maps of NZ would be different. It's not like that. If it's somehow changed now, it's somehow changed back through our history at the same time.
I still think this stuff is fascinating. I have no idea why it would have happened, but I have felt for a while now that reality isn't as stable and as fixed as it used to be.

I think you are on the right track....doesnt make me or you right, but at least we are thrashing around in the dark looking for the light switch.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: _Del_
...There was also a picture of several books. One had Berenstain, one had Berenstein on the spine. Two of them had Berenstain in the title, but were part of the Berenstein Bears Cub Club collection. On the same book.

This makes me think that in the past "Berenstein" appeared in at least some of the printings. Perhaps it was a printing house error. Noone is crazy in this scenario, nor shifting realities.

Correct. It just seems like the common mistake was made that most people are making. And that mistake seems quite plausible because names ending in "--stein" is very common, so people assume that the authors of these books also spell their name that way.

Besides (and as you implied), if it really were a "time/reality convergence", then there shouldn't be those books where the correct spelling AND mistaken spelling both appear.

The fact that the two spellings co-exist on the same book strengthens the idea that people just made the mistake of assuming that the Berenstains spelled their name with an "e". Even the people involved in putting together those books.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I don't think anybody has posted this yet. Check out the facebook page for The Berenstein Bears:

www.facebook.com...

The Page is titled "The Berenstein Bears" but in the description it is Berenstain.

I keep on coming back to think about this. It is definitely one of the most odd things I have encountered.

Dae

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ldyserenity
... However, this is about as good as evidence as the world maps problem. Which is to say, not good evidence at all. Because spelling and geography can be misremembered. Celebrity deaths, same thing. ..

Agreed! Which is why I find the DilemNa dilemma most amazing. www.dilemna.info...
From the comments (click the red arrow at the bottom as there are a few pages) I can summarize that this effects people from different age groups and across the English speaking countries... including France!

I've came across a couple of forums where it's been suggested that the 'n' spelling might have originated from the French word 'Dilemne'... sounds very plausible except... yes you guessed it, the French word is actually 'Dilemme'... It appears that many French people are also now reporting having mistakenly been taught a silent 'n' spelling... weird?

Dilemna is not a classic spelling error, it is not phonetic and people, including myself, remember saying the sounds DI-LEM-NA - it's a tricky word to remember... Remember the N is supposed to be silent!
edit on 23/6/14 by Dae because: Forgot to mention the silent N

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: _Del_

understood where you were coming from. got annoyed with myself when i realized my typo for a topic where people are debating the spelling of a name.

that's what i wanted to know - more than a year, six years, ten years or more.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Oy! I just started to read the NZ thread that was started a few years back, talk about nasty attitudes! I don't know if I'll make it through it or not. Sad that people treat each other that way.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rainbowresidue

Yes, it would be nice if we could pick TheOneElectric's brain.
He did gives us kind of a warning that if we dig deeper, soon they'd know.
(If I remember correctly.)

I also think there are other members here, that could share their thoughts,and I'd be glad to listen.
Sled where are you?

ATS has at least several such members I have read. The one electric is the one that seems to give the most insight when he decides to contribute though.

He warned us because this is a hole to an abyss that has no bottom or answers, only questions, that some do not want answered( I think we all know the government knows way more than they share).

Besides he is a "singularitarian". Which means he is only biding his time until the singularity, at which point all of us will ascend and all will be known.

He is like that in my experience reading his contributions.

Once in a posse comitatus( I didnt spell that right) forum he told others members, seemingly righteous in their outrage he would not allow them to deny mankind its birthright to ascention, or somthing close to that, in a civil war that would only delay mankinds evolution.

I was quite put aback by this, until I further delved into the subject.

I now believe I understand, at a distance his view on the subject.

Though not his views on this one at all.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I'm in the same boat as a few people here, having a hard time finding the words to describe the possible theories and ideas in my head.
I'm not sure how I feel about time-travel, but that doesn't mean that it isn't real.

Likely there is a lot that is 'real', that we have never been told/taught.

I read an analogy that said something about us being as unaware as an ant farm kept in a large container.
To the ants, it is their entire world.
If someone shakes the container, the ants wouldn't know why...or what exactly was happening.
They would however, adapt to the damages and rebuild...and carry on with their existence (if not completely wiped out).

In relation to the size of the universe, it's completely arrogant to think that we have figured out everything.

I believe that there ARE people who do know the truth, and they are doing all they can to keep us manipulated into adapting and carrying on, without question.

I really DO believe that there is much more to being a human, than just shower, work, sleep and repeat.
There is likely much that we can't see or sense all around us.
Could be rather frightening....but is definitely exciting!!

jacygirl

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: _Del_
...There was also a picture of several books. One had Berenstain, one had Berenstein on the spine. Two of them had Berenstain in the title, but were part of the Berenstein Bears Cub Club collection. On the same book.

Correct. It just seems like the common mistake was made that most people are making. And that mistake seems quite plausible because names ending in "--stein" is very common, so people assume that the authors of these books also spell their name that way.

Besides (and as you implied), if it really were a "time/reality convergence", then there shouldn't be those books where the correct spelling AND mistaken spelling both appear.

The fact that the two spellings co-exist on the same book strengthens the idea that people just made the mistake of assuming that the Berenstains spelled their name with an "e". Even the people involved in putting together those books.

I would agree, except I grew up in a predominately christian white small town, no jews 3 blacks nobody else, I didnt even know that stein was jewish, or that jews even had specific last names with words like millhouse, burg, stein etc,....

So it makes no sense in my case, I was 16 before I knew the name goldburg/berg were even jewish, so it is not possible for me to make the leap from stain to stein because it was jewish, as I did not know this.

To me in my youth, berenstain(baron stain) would have been a very good joke since almost all the grandparents in the area fought in WW2.

Not once did I hear this, not from from parents or their friends, or their parents or their friends.

I could not have made the leap to stein from stain, it would have just been another name to me.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
I believe that there ARE people who do know the truth, and they are doing all they can to keep us manipulated into adapting and carrying on, without question.

This is only partially true. There are different factions, essentially, and not all of them have such goals in mind.

Quite the opposite.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

God did some damage control and hoped we wouldn't notice?

Or-
Ancient aliens - have been keeping an eye on us ever since they first came /created us , and fix things from time to time so we don't go extinct? (Why though? What is our purpose in this universe?)

I'm just trying to go through every possible conspiracy theory out there , oh and I've also read about the Matrix .... but who would be the architect?

I'm open to discussing all theories.

edit on 23/6/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: fixed my posst

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

originally posted by: jacygirl

This is only partially true. There are different factions, essentially, and not all of them have such goals in mind.

Quite the opposite.

Serdgiam!! Hi!

You can't just leave me hanging like that!
Good grief, please tell me more!

Like Rainbowresidue, I'm open to discussing all theories.
I've read about SO many (theories, that is) that I just don't really know what I believe. There are some that I DON'T want to believe, lol...I'm afraid they may be more right than I want to accept.

jacygirl

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Has anyone noticed that suddenly there are new threads popping up about 'glitches in the matrix'? (at least 2 new ones)

There are a lot of people having strange experiences that they can't explain.

I still can't get over the stein/stain thing....I sense immeasurable frustration, because I can't see us figuring it out.
(doesn't mean I'm giving up though, lol)

jacygirl

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Well, what I brought up is technically off topic. So...

I think that these are essentially just manifestations in space-time, and that we do not truly understand it as a medium in and of itself.

So, "right now" can be likened to the eye of a needle, and pulling a frayed yarn through it. As it does this, it condenses the "possibilities" into "possibilities" and then into here and now. These threads are all connected to what is happening here and now, and as the eye of the needle moves along (or the string moves through it, or both, or neither..
), sometimes these threads can get a little twisted.

Now, each of these needle eyes could be interpreted as each of our individual perspectives. So, this is a process that happens throughout the universe as well as on an individual level.

Some are messing with the strings, so to speak, to benefit themselves.

There are others who are attempting to untangle the knots from children playing with toys they should have never touched in the first place.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

It's right for both sides, as obviously I can see "Stain" on them now.

That must be the egg on their faces after typing things like "It was always -STAIN!" when we produced some visual evidence of the -stein spellings.

Indeed, why does this feel so big, so important to us? Did we just find a genuine crack in the ice?

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join