It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does this topic never comes up when comes to guns?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Onslaught2996

"Why does this topic never comes up when comes to guns?"

Q) Why?

A) Because nobody ever brought the topic up before.

Actually, I've heard this a lot form left wing politicians and from progressives in the CDC and AMA.

Yeah it has come up.

So much that politicians have tried to 'make' law making gun owners 'financially' responsbile for it.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Oh really???

Hmmmm, lets see.

Legally, no. As a Drivers License is very easy to obtain and not nearly as costly.

A firearm requires a drivers license, or Govt issued ID.

You don't need a firearm to get a DL.

As for illegally?
Obtaining a firearm illegally can probably be purchased from the same person that can supply you with fake IDs.

Seems that laws don't stop criminals, or people that want to harm others.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

Don't forget the FEDERAL BACKGROUND check that we have to get as required by law that is REGULATION !

LOL easier to get a gun than a DL.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

People don't seem to understand that the greatest weapon against criminal behavior is law abiding citizens.

It is those areas in the United States where the ratio is off balance that the greatest amount of crime occurs.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Firearms are already heavily regulated

You have got to be kidding me.

It's easier to get a gun than it is to get a drivers license.

You do know that ones a right and the other is a privilege.

You do know that more people are killed by cars then by guns right?

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Then maybe you can explain in detail the process involved when you applied for your firearms identification card and purchased a firearm.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I bet that sports in general cost trillions of dollars per year using the same logic....

Maybe we should outlaw sports...

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
We're in greater danger from the arsenic (and fluoride) in our drinking water than we are from guns.

Nutty white people are the danger, guns are just the tool of the nutty white people.

Rather than banning guns we need a CLEANSING of nutty white people.

Derek

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Maybe this never comes up because it used to be that a person's health was their own business and their own responsibility and it should darn well have stayed that way. So, if someone shot you, it was between you and them and not the rest of society?

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
originally posted by: riffraff

Onslaught, I've read many,many of your threads and replies and I've NEVER once heard you make a peep about Eric Holder and fast and furious. If the attorney general can sell guns to the most violent and lawless Mexican gangs, why do you protest licensed dealers selling to law abiding citizens?

Because I don't care. I also never protested anything in this thread concerning licensed dealer selling to law abiding citizens.

Do you guys just make this crap up in your head or do you just show up with a predetermined replies from some kind of book...

I asked some questions..I think one person answered them .and the others tried derailing the thread or made up things I said or did. Like you.

I'm sorry I didn't answer your question. The answer is so obvious I thought the question must've been rhetorical.

Gun owners don't get upset about the price of "gun violence" because we know that freedom isn't free.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
Are people really OK with these numbers? Should gun manufacturers be held liable for these injuries? How about gun owners?

The same basic argument can be made about driving cars (which kills about 50,000 people a year on American streets and highways), or smoking, or eating cheeseburgers.

And the answer is: We're willing to put up with the costs, at least for the moment, because legislation creates more legislation and we can still draw the line ourselves.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I posted these stats on another thread, but I think they add to this thread, too, so I'll repeat them. Some annual numbers:

Total number of gun deaths in the US: ~31,000 (including suicide)

Total number of homicides with a firearm in the US: ~11000

Total number of homicides where the victim was gang affiliated or part of organized crime: ~8900

Total number of homicides where the victim was gang affiliated and the scenario was "black on black" crime: ~7000+

Total number of justified homicides where police and civilians were within their rights to use lethal force: ~1000

If you aren't gang affiliated or part of organized crime, your chances of being killed by a firearm in the US is extremely slim. ~2000 firearm deaths out of a population of 330,000,000... that's .6 per 100,000.... making the US one of the safest countries on the planet.

www.cdc.gov...

If you really care about getting a handle on firearm crime, and with firearm related medical costs, I suggest you look at fixing the systematically dismantled black family through incentive. Black on black violence is the single largest chuck of firearm related homicide and medical costs in the country. Every people in the US that has been welfare-ized by liberal policy has been obliterated. State and federal policies aimed at doing this really went full swing in the mid 1970s. Up to this time, crime rates by race were pretty much consistent to their proportion of the population. Just look at black and native american populations today. Their societies have been absolutely annihilated by being turned into welfare societies. It makes one wonder if liberals are the true racists.
edit on 20-6-2014 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

These kinds of crazy anti-gun threads that don't participate in the slightest amount of common sense are giving me a migrane. Lets discuss your portion of Excedrin cost I experience with these nonsensical ideas of making manufactures pay for the misuse of their product. If this fly's after my migraine is over I am suing Stanley for hitting my thumb with a hammer during carpentry projects, and sending you a bill for your portion of my migraine. Now I need to go lay down.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Look if you think taking the guns away from law abiding citizens solves anything then all you have to do is look at England's crime statistics.
When England passed their gun laws and confiscated all the guns, gun related incidents dropped tremendously how couldn't it because only criminals had them but strangely their Violent crime rate skyrocketed, by using your analogy things should be safer but no all it did was give a green light to criminals to do whatever they please knowing that they wouldn't be shot by the victim or some bystander.

It has worked so great that they Now have Five times the violent crime rate as we do with only a third of the population, yep heavy gun control and or banning has worked great in cities like New York, Chicago, LA and DC also, so well in fact that criminals have no fear of any reprisal or injury and has given them booming business opportunities everywhere its enacted
... OH wait?

edit on 1171430America/Chicago06America/Chicago285 by Byteme285 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1191430America/Chicago06America/Chicago285 by Byteme285 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
OMG
I feel like I just got hit in the head with a feying pan by gordon ramsey!

Why are people even considering banning firearms, or even regulating them.

When you can just print them!?

That's right, you can print a gun that is fully functional using a 3-D printer.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Byteme285

Aye. In the US home invasions when the homeowners are home are very low. In the UK home invasions where the home owner is home runs about 4-5 times the US rate.

So...it's ok over there cause the chances the owner is armed is very very small. Over here (US) the last thing a burglar wants to do is break into a house and face an armed home owner.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

What you need to ask is why these cowards who protect their guns and so called rights are such spineless worthless people that they don't actually use their guns for the REASON the 2nd amendment was invented.

Ill tell you why because they are all bravado and mouth, but having to actually stand up and take on the menace....is far beyond the courage they were given.

I am ALL for their rights as long as they are used for the reason intended.

I read all the comments to this OP some not very nice...so please if you have something to comment on regarding what I said.....I don't care!!

***OH and the RIGHT should be changed to be afforded only to those who have SERVED their country in a Military capacity on the front line!! These are the only people who deserve to have arms!! Earned their right fighting for so called freedoms and are trained to operate something that is designed to KILL!! ***

The rest, they do not matter as they are untrained and more often than not cowboys and pretenders!!

edit on 23-6-2014 by projectbane because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2014 by projectbane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Give it time. They're always looking for sneaky ways to confuse the issues. I'm sure they'd love to abuse the mental health thing on the basis of preventing violence. Kind of a twisted pre-crime sort of idea. If they haven't thought of it yet, they will.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
It isn't guns or gun owners that are the problem.

It's more about people who don't understand the responsibility involved in exercising the ability to project lethal force at a distance, pretty much the same as people who think airbags in a car will protect them from getting killed when they drive like complete assholes like they see on the movies.

Maybe if these things weren't so glorified in their presentation on the MSM there would be less of a problem with all of these misunderstandings and less people would die needlessly from getting caught up downrange or dying in stupid traffic accidents.

Cars, lawyers, insurance, alcohol and guns. Cars : Laziness and ignorance of the true cost of getting around, Lawyers : protect stupid and lazy people if they have enough money, Insurance : pretty much the same as lawyers, Alcohol : lawyers again, and liability for wrongful death by two ton missiles out of intelligent control, Guns : according to TV they are the cure all for anything that even annoys one slightly....Just watch TV and it's obvious what the problem is.

Guns are not the problem, the cost of gun violence is an after effect of the problem with people's perspective on the reality of the type of harm they do, the medical industry skews it's numbers the same way as any other great big soul-less business does, and it does not lose money when people don't pay their bills as hospitals and such just claim a business loss at tax time.

Whatever....the numbers presented are skewed to make guns and gun owners look like they are a problem, when in reality, the problem is the monetary system which amounts to little more than a Ponzi Scheme if you can see past the MSM bull# and take the time to really look close.

If only more of us were not so busy chasing our tails feeding the scheme......

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

What you need to ask is why these cowards who protect their guns and so called rights are such spineless worthless people that they don't actually use their guns for the REASON the 2nd amendment was invented.

Ill tell you why because they are all bravado and mouth, but having to actually stand up and take on the menace....is far beyond the courage they were given.

I am ALL for their rights as long as they are used for the reason intended.

I read all the comments to this OP some not very nice...so please if you have something to comment on regarding what I said.....I don't care!!

***OH and the RIGHT should be changed to be afforded only to those who have SERVED their country in a Military capacity on the front line!! These are the only people who deserve to have arms!! Earned their right fighting for so called freedoms and are trained to operate something that is designed to KILL!! ***

The rest, they do not matter as they are untrained and more often than not cowboys and pretenders!!

Any other rights you wish to reserve for only a select few who "earned it?" Voting? Reading books? Free speech?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join