It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"A word from our sponsors..."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Yep, that's ATS. It's a regular circus sometimes.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Greywolf13A

Not a bad use of perspective, you got some cartoonin chops for sure.

Look forward to seein you around ATS.

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Treespeaker

I hope so...I won awards in 84-85 for my work in battalion and division newspapers..

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Sorry about the double plug....apparently my "Mother" board is having a hissy fit today..
edit on 19/6/14 by Greywolf13A because: second copy..didn't need it.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Greywolf13A

Grew up around a framed drawing my father had from the service (I served to different country) and other bat cartoons clips and funny characters of individuals....in vodka glasses etc reminiscent of old airplane art...pinup etc.

I'm gunna ask a question and please don't take it personal like....ok?

I notice that Beetle bailey newspaper strip is in similar style.... So was it the influence of that ex military cartoonist or is it just part of the military mind set and style of art that produces this style? I have run across this more than a few time and often wondered it it should be classed as a unique style.

I also found cartooning easier, I was more relaxed after basic training......I often go for realism....and am an exceptional copy machine lol.

I'm interested in any original artwork (speaks to my soul) and am genuinely interested and curious.

Much peace

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Treespeaker

Actually...
Bill mauldin and Joe Kubert were big influences, though I started publishing at "Camp Swamppy"....Fort Stewart Ga. where Mort Walker worked.
Tracing paper, Sgt. Rock, The Haunted Tank, and Enemy Ace were Templates, though I never reached Willie and Joe quality...however, I still have time, I rekon.

top topics

join