It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug Cartels, Should We Be at War with Mexico?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I can't help but feel we should have been at war with Mexico a long time ago. When kidnappings, violence and drugs started passing the border from Mexico into America and the Mexican governments inability to deal with it (or just secretly profit off it) became more common in the early 90's leading to now, why haven't we declared war on Mexico to destabilize drug cartels? Which would give both of our people an economic and drug relief.
edit on 19-6-2014 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

*edit* I'm not saying an Iraq or Afghan slaughter of the innocent should happen to Mexicans by the way. Also wanted to state for those who call me racist, my adopted daughter/niece is half black and my son is partially Latino.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17
I can't help but feel we should have been at war with Mexico a long time ago. When kidnappings, violence and drugs started passing the border from Mexico into America and the Mexican governments inability to deal with it (or just secretly profit off it) became more common in the early 90's leading to now, why haven't we declared war on Mexico to destabilize drug cartels? Which would give both of our people an economic and drug relief.

Like the government is going to start a war over something they allow. Remember the CIA used to ship coke in by the plane loads. Also a lot of profit is made off the war on drugs.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Antipathy17

Like the government is going to start a war over something they allow. Remember the CIA used to ship coke in by the plane loads. Also a lot of profit is made off the war on drugs.

I know, just bringing food for thought

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The war on drugs is an american problem, if these drugs would not be in such a high demand in the usa, the violence would disapear, theres billions of dollars to be made from drug trade.

Legalize drugs and taxe the # out of them, government makes more money, has a better control on its population, and drug lords dont make billions of dollars.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
At war with them? No. Building a frickin' high and heavily patrolled wall on that border? Yes. The idea that we can't and have no moral authority to lock that border down is so much PC crap. Instead, we ignore it and let people walk all over it because it serves the political agenda of both parties.
edit on 19-6-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
The war on drugs is an american problem, if these drugs would not be in such a high demand in the usa, the violence would disapear, theres billions of dollars to be made from drug trade.

Legalize drugs and taxe the # out of them, government makes more money, has a better control on its population, and drug lords dont make billions of dollars.

Except these big organizations of criminals beheads people regularly and can't be expected to let us do that lying down.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

You legalize them and tax them and there will still be a black market for them. The cartels won't go away. There's a thriving black market cigarette trade now and they're legal.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Does the US have some special punch card for going to war with countries?
Is there some prize for completing it?
Or are Americans as bloodthirsty as some of these "evil" countries they MUST go to war with?
Hrmmmmmmmmm.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Aside from the OP, who here has actually advocated war with Mexico? Hmmm?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Does the US have some special punch card for going to war with countries?
Is there some prize for completing it?
Or are Americans as bloodthirsty as some of these "evil" countries they MUST go to war with?
Hrmmmmmmmmm.

Blood thirsty? I made no call for the death of innocence but rather death or prosecution of the cartels mangling the innocent. Sure War will always have death but it also leads to prosecution... unless you are America. The drug cartels have too much influence in Mexico to let it continue like it has.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

Send our boys to fight drug cartels while the countless junkies in the US continue to fund them (the cartels)...?

I'm glad you're not our president, OP.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718

Send our boys to fight drug cartels while the countless junkies in the US continue to fund them (the cartels)...?

I'm glad you're not our president, OP.

We should also deal with the social issues associated with drug abuse. That's like saying you shouldn't target drug sellers in the US because the addicted are the focus of the problem. Both problems shouldn't be dealt with. Doesn't mean we should let the cartels get away with murders and enslaving both of our people to the drug trade.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

The the drug growers would move onto something more lucrative like kidnapping, smuggling or raids. You have to find something else for those people to do while at the same time trying to improve the quality of life in those areas where there is addiction.

Legalizing soft drugs like cannabis or hemp might be one way, but then users are still going to be tempted to steal if they can't afford the money to buy.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Being one myself, why does the US complain anyway? You run out to by Happy Pills from your Dr. which by the Way will Kill you faster then Our stuff ever will! As far as I know, the Only War was to Take our Money!

If one was smart, should have made it Legal a long time ago in the US! No! Had to go the Other Way, creating Issues out of nothing and you Call US evil, cruel and twisted! Now some states have some GMO Weed that not only makes you even sicker, you have to get more Pills!

You should be more worried about China and their # coming to the US! It will Kill You! Or at least have an arm fall off, go blind or...........................Errr. US started the War and now you complain, always complaining! Not my fault most of you do not want to actually work for a liven, earn your money and enjoy a Good Night Sleep!

Peace

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

We dont have any issues really with Mexico itself. The drug and people-smuggling cartels who run the country with $$$$$$$$$$...sure.

So, why go to war with Mexico? The Mexican people did nothing to us. (except the Alamo).

And, the cartels arent "Mexico". They have perhaps "bought and control" it. go to war with them...not the country of Mexico.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I've stated a few times that I wish war not on the American/Mexican people but the Mexican people aren't in control any more so how is it supposed to get better for either country without physical altercations? They wont let us just legalize drugs and sit back as their money flounders alongside their influence. That alone would cause mass violence on innocent. So instead of letting them do what they are doing to both our countries, take a damn war stance and let the Mexican cartels know that when you # with the biggest military, you # with the people who can take you out, no problem. It's something they don't fear. Prosecution, hardly... death, not at all.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Why would we do that?
The CIA makes too much money smuggling and selling their drugs.

top topics

join