It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My constant companion..... Insomnia

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Here it is, the middle of the afternoon for me, and I am drained. I keep walking around this house thinking of all the things I should be accomplishing. Instead this record is on repeat saying, I am so tired, I just can't do it right now.

Insomnia has been my constant companion for years now. Sometimes it hits by not being able to go to sleep, other times I wake in the middle of the night WIDE awake. Wide awake as in I feel like I could jump out of bed and run a marathon. I hate those nights.....

It comes in waves. For months I'll sleep like a baby, then it hits. My first night I just doze never going deep under, then comes weeks of hell.

My recent bout has me waking at 3am with marathon running energy. (If I wouldn't wake the whole house I would put it to good use.) Problem is, I can't sleep during the day to make up for what I lost. I have children that need attended to. I have meals to cook, laundry to do, and errands that need ran.

I remember reading on ATS a couple years ago about the body needing some sort of nutrients if you wake up at specific times of the night. I did a search on ATS, and most of the results were about paranormal 3am experiences. (I won't go into my paranormal world right now. I don't think this is the cause at this time.)

Anybody remember where the chart of needed nutrients went? I am willing to try anything at this point! I have tried all sorts of remedies recommended by dr.s, friends, and family. Nothing helps....

Thanks in advance for any info.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
ive been dealing with insomnia from since i can remember. im in the military and have been taking ambien for at least 6 years, but when i dont have it i wake at at 2 with that same kind of energy! what is the paranormal aspect of it if you dont mind me asking...ive never heard that linked to insomnia

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TropicanaRaybands

Google waking at 3:00 am you will find all kinds of paranormal stories out there.

I have been known to wake and feel like I am being watched or touched, but this time I am just awake. No chills or scary feelings, just super aware.

I tried ambien for three months. It did not agree with me....

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I deal with very similar issues, the frequency changes with stress and whether i find.

How to deal with it without taking drugs that make you feel drained the next day after sleep - is tricky. What ive found is to not fight it, and dont let your anger and frustration get to you.

I used to get really mad if i couldn't get any sleep with work the next day. It always made the bout of insomnia worse, for sure.

The obvious ones are avoiding anything with a stimulant in, all the time (not just that 'dont after 6pm thing'), and doing things during the day that tire you out. If its dry and not too cold ive been known to take 2am jogs/bike rides to tire me and this is a bit hit and miss and relies on the fact you arnt actually too drained. Unfortunately not only is there no cure-all, but everyone's different so even stuff that sounds really dumb may work for some people.

My latest bout (been about two weeks now) has been able to sleep for about 20 minutes and just before my sleep paralysis kicks in something happens in the dream and i yelp myself awake (a bit like the dog waking itself up farting lol)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Doodle19815

Dr. Akragon recommends...

Exercise if possible... a few beers an hour or two before attempting sleep...

And just a bit of extra help... goto wallymart, and find one of those temperpedic (memory foam) bed tops...

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

My latest bout (been about two weeks now) has been able to sleep for about 20 minutes and just before my sleep paralysis kicks in something happens in the dream and i yelp myself awake (a bit like the dog waking itself up farting lol)

I do this to. I get the most frustrated at these nights. Doze for a few minutes almost going completely under, then bang, some noise or muscle movement and I'm wide awake again. Rinse and repeat all night.

I have cut caffeine out of my life for years at a time. No use.

I swim regularly during the day, with the kids, and exhaust myself doing that. I always think when hauling my butt out of the water, I'm gonna sleep good tonight. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I would advise against using alcohol for the purpose of sleep because its very easy to get addicted to getting tipsy every night to ensure a good sleep.

Obviously drink beer all you like as regularly as you normally but - but i stress - not for the direct purpose of getting a good nights sleep. (maybe once in a while, perhaps a few beers the night before something really important the next day that you're worried about).

peace, good luck and i hope you do find a good way to deal with it and or kick that insomnia to the curb completely!!!

Biigs

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Stress keeps me up, sleep is something i only dream off, wish i had a cure to help you out, if i could slow down my brain for a few minutes i could fall asleep. I tried yoga, natural herbs, medication and nothing seems to work.
Try to see your doctor or try starting yoga, might help you

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Hehe, I'm a whiskey kinda girl.... And though that helps falling asleep, I still wake during the night.

I have a pretty expensive memory mattress now that I LOVE. I highly recommend one to anyone with nerve issues.

link   

Try working out later in the day. That will put a lot of people to sleep. Other than that I like Stresscare by himalaya check out the reviews on amazon. Check out this article for supplements. One other thing I would like to say, I know a few people that take Melatonin, .25-.5mg are the best doses. 3-5mg is waay too much.
articles.mercola.com...

link   

Also face the real situation that you might not actually need 7 hours, ive heard that somone who only needs say maybe 4 (my min) who get 7+ may simply not sleep for twice as long as normal, creating a strange loop. So just perhaps keep that in mind.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
There is your answer to why you wake up. Especially if this an everyday thing.
io9.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

That's actually why I said "a few beers"... Drunkin sleep is not sleep...

Your body may rest but your mind doesn't.... thus you will still wake up tired even if you sleep for 12 hours...

A few beers... and a good hour or two of no drinking so the alcohol wares off... that's when you get tired

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I rarely wake up at 3 AM but am up usually about five hours after I go to sleep. So if I go to sleep at about one in the morning, I wake up at six.

If I sleep longer than that, I get tired all day.

I found that if I take a half hour cat nap when I get tired between noon and two in the afternoon it seems like I have no problem with getting run down. It feels like I had a whole night sleep after that.

If you have a problem making energy that effects the heartbeat or BP going too low, the body will wake you up...at least that is what I have read. Sometimes this is not even the problem, the body just has it's wires crossed. Not enough to eat can cause hypoglycemia at night and so can the body not switching to burning ketones, this can cause you to wake up and need a bite to eat to keep your heart a beating. If you are processing toxins, the body might tell you to go pee to rid the body of these toxins before they get reabsorbed.

There are a lot of different reasons for what you are experiencing. Look at what you eat before going to sleep, try to figure out what is missing or has changed. Low salt can cause low energy also and this can cause problems with waking up. I know the low salt feeling well, the whole body is weak. Either low Magnesium or too high magnesium can cause this. I can go on and on, the only one who can figure this out is you...I may be able to help with possibilities if you need me to though.

Pretty bad, I have all this knowledge about these things and I cannot tell someone what to eat. All I can do is open your eyes so you can find and cure the problem. Try a half a sandwich a half hour before going to sleep, made with about an ounce of meat/cheese in it. No whole wheat bread, multigrain white is best. Wouldn't want to be getting up at three to sit on the toilet either.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Lol, I should have said that I drink rarely, like maybe once every three months. I don't believe in drinking with my little ones running around, so hubby and I only do it as a special treat on date night.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Biigs

That's actually why I said "a few beers"... Drunkin sleep is not sleep...

Your body may rest but your mind doesn't.... thus you will still wake up tired even if you sleep for 12 hours...

A few beers... and a good hour or two of no drinking so the alcohol wares off... that's when you get tired

Oh absolutely, but as your few beers starts to be every night and then whats a few is several then a 6 pack etc.

But hey your adults you know where your line is

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: an0nThinker

I have been told about the melatonin. I haven't tried that yet. Will be doing some research late tonight on it's use. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Sometimes my mind gets going pretty fast at night. Like I have to solve all my problems right at that moment. I have found when this happens though, I pick up a book and read until I fall asleep. Literally, book on chest...

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I have read several of your "health" related posts. I was actually kinda hoping you would stop by. Perhaps I should keep a food journal, but that seems like so much work, right now anyway.

I usually make my own bread and use whole grains. I try to stay away from processed meats and cheeses. Sandwiches in general are a rarity for me. I might order some sliced turkey from the deli though... That sounds good for bedtime, right?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I think that went you eat can be very important too, not quite as important as what you eat of course.

Eating around 9pm and going to bed at 12 works best for me, if i eat later or ealier than that by a few hours i find getting to sleep that bit more uncomfortable.

Oh and the 'turkey makes you more sleep than other meats' is false, absolutely no proof of this - its simply the fact that turkey dinners tend to be bigger, you are simply more full than a regular meal - sadly eating a full turkey dinner every day is not advisable for any reason

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join