It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plugs.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
"If your political cartoon does not offend Someone, It's no good.'
Benjamin Franklin.

well...same can be said for comments in a modern E-forum, I'd guess.
In 36 hours, I've racked up 1 applause, 20 or so general discussions and 1 who apparantly dislikes replies...an average day in the news room, I rekon.

Thoughts and comments ?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greywolf13A
"If your political cartoon does not offend Someone, It's no good.'
Benjamin Franklin.

well...same can be said for comments in a modern E-forum, I'd guess.
In 36 hours, I've racked up 1 applause, 20 or so general discussions and 1 who apparantly dislikes replies...an average day in the news room, I rekon.

Thoughts and comments ?

You like to blow your own horn?

nothing you said in the 2 treads so far I have read make any sense,

Are you very lonely and looking for conversation so trying to create as many as possible hoping one or another will flare up and you will have someone to discuss or debate with?

What are you treads about?

Your OPs are like 1 or 2 lines of ramblings.

What are you after on ATS?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

...and what, pray tell, is the point of a forums existance if no one USES it ? that is what it's here for, I thought...why be a member just to lurk ? seems like a waste of time to me. BE ACTIVE, one way or another...

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Greywolf13A

I've talked to the Big Kahuna of this site.

I said a hit counter was better than flags or stars as it gave you a better idea of how many people have viewed your post automatically rather than force an interaction from the members. the number of stars and flags you'll get is a tiny fraction of who has seen and read your stuff...

edit on 19-6-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I just used my ATS stars to get a discount on a new car!

Said no one ever...

Seriously though, the big money is in the flags, not the stars.

edit on 2014/6/19 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Greywolf13A

...and what, pray tell, is the point of a forums existance if no one USES it ?

There a lots of people using the forums,

its just the small number that don't make any sense so I and others might try and making sense of what is the propose and why you are here.

I thought...why be a member just to lurk ? seems like a waste of time to me. BE ACTIVE, one way or another...

So the questions arise again that I brought up in my fist post.

Lets take this thread, It in general chit chat and titled "plugs".

You give a little quote and talk about how many posts you have in the short period of time being here and ask for thoughts and comments.

If you want to chat well please do answer

What are here for on ATS?

I am here searching for someone and also here to feed my delusions, what about you?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Being semi-retired I just have time to explore a number of things which interest me.
i've also used various posts to plug cartoons I ocasionally draw, which other wise would remain unseen forever.
Just a hobby, actually..no other reason.

edit on 19/6/14 by Greywolf13A because: spelling error.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greywolf13A

Being semi-retired I just have time to explore a number of things which interest me.
i've also used various posts to plug cartoons I ocasionally draw, which other wise would remain unseen forever.
Just a hobby, actually..no other reason.

Yeah I saw one that you uploaded in another thread.

Well enjoy your time here Greywolf, (actually love the screen name) sorry I didn't say this in you intro thread.

I just opened a few of threads and had much difficulty understanding what you were on about and thought you just wanted to converse with someone. I thought you were lonely and looking for some discussion simply because it looks like you want to talk, going of the number of posts and threads you done in the last few days, its actually impressive in a way. I think it took me a week or two if not more to reach 140 posts. And I can sometimes ramble on.

Its great to start threads as its content for the site and more stuff for readers to read.

How much of ATS have you explored, did you become a member when you found the site or were you a casual reader and decided to maybe have you voice heard?

Don't be afraid to explore and leave your opinion in the many threads covering almost anything we could possibly think of.

See you around the boards

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I admire you for saying exactly what I was thinking

edit on 19-6-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Roughly I been on here about 2 days total, still gettin' a feel for the place, intrests include Art, politics and science, with a considerable military history background.

Love to play Decvil's advocate, not tyo cause ill will, but to get all sides considered for a rounded opinion.

bad jokes a passion.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha
Nice avatar !

Really admire the patience some folks put into the art..

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Skid Mark's convinced he's created a monster with introducing me here...I just have an active imagination, and like to jump in with both feet. Debate is extremely useful in it's own right..dad always said that the only stupid question is the one you never ask, because you'd never know if you were right about the answer..I agree. the forum gives me access to opinions world wide.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Skid Mark's convinced he's created a monster with introducing me here...I just have an active imagination, and like to jump in with both feet. Debate is extremely useful in it's own right..dad always said that the only stupid question is the one you never ask, because you'd never know if you were right about the answer..I agree. the forum gives me access to opinions world wide.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Touche...

Narco, to be totally honest, there have been quite a few that i wanted to say the exact same words to you and to others here on ATS.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Touche...

Narco, to be totally honest, there have been quite a few that i wanted to say the exact same words to you and to others here on ATS.

Well, if you like...feel free to rant and tell me your problems with my posts (and how to improve them, of course) in U2U. I can handle some criticism.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
As an aside to all of this...

Flags stars and such don't mean much to me...
talking a bit with folks out there is a pleasnt distraction from some familly issues. [ Sick older brother, etc.]
It also has an opportunity to share a few sketches that otherwise lie dormant. yes I do "Plug" or advertise here a bit..if you don't toot your own horn , who else will ? A "plug' btw is an old broadcasting term I picked up from '77, meaning an unsceduled ad..

top topics

join