It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Blood - Coming back Sunday night

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Game of Thrones is over for a while, so another staple returns...True Blood. Sure, this show kind of jumped the shark, but still pretty entertaining, and it is the last season, so no holds barred really.

Any other True Blood fans here?

Should be interesting to see what happens with the wild vamps vs. humans.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I'm a fan. Had to stick through a couple bad seasons, but last year was great.
I'm under the impression that a LOT of people will be dying.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Super excited and can't wait to see if Erik bit the big one or if he's still puttering around.

I'm also interested to see how they wrap things up in Bon Temps. Will it be similar to the way the book series ended? In the beginning, True Blood was pretty much in line with the books, a little deviation but not to the degree it is now. Not that I mind, surprises are always nice, just curious.

We shall see!

edit on 19-6-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I'm personally curious to see what happens with the whole double undead thing.

And maybe Sookie getting naked too.......

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I've been a fan of the show from the beginning...not sure why but, I am.

It got a bit out of hand for a couple of seasons (my own opinion of course) but, at least it will replace Game of Thrones for awhile.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Well, we definitely saw deaths, and Sookie naked, so seems some got what they wanted, hehe...

I'm always surprised though, that Sookie doesn't publicly defend her fang-banging.
I mean, she has an AWESOME reason. She can read their thoughts, and most of the town knows it, or at least suspects it, so she should explain that since she can't read vamps, it makes perfect sense.

The previews were pretty telling...seems fairy girl (not Sookie, but Andy's kid) discovers her light.

Wonder how long it will take these genius characters to look for the Hep-V Vamps in, oh, I don't know, purposefully designed vampire sanctuaries, like Fangtasia!

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
Well, we definitely saw deaths, and Sookie naked, so seems some got what they wanted, hehe...

We actually never saw Tara die so....shades of The Hound?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Good point. And Tara's mom isn't exactly a good witness, lol.

I'm thinking they milk the Eric thing for at least one more show, before having him come back in the third.
The Sookie/Alcide hookup is definitely a hit with the ladies in my house. (probably because it means more naked Alcide)...

The whole Jason being dominated by his gal thing is pretty cool to watch.
Certainly a flip of the script for him. Wonder if she remembers those same "puny weapons" were what captured her in the first place though?

Didn't we learn Pam can fly last season? I wanna see that again, in the search for Eric.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
SPOILER ALERT - obviously........

Heck of an episode, especially with Eric. Of anyone, he knew about the virus first, so had to have contracted it willingly. Must have lost it after having the sun after 1000 years, then to lose it again.

I still think Tara may not be gone, as we didn't see her body.

Still can't believe checking Fangtasia hasn't crossed their minds.....

Makes me wonder why the mob seems to know nothing about vampires though. I mean, they've been out of the coffin for years now, and yet none of them seem to remember that normal bullets aren't exactly lethal to vampires? Yet, they are shooting up the police station, thinking that these normal arms are going to do them any good. I don't know about you, but I'd become an expert on anything that came out about them, if I had to live with them.

Also wonder about the towns. Seems pretty simple. Once the sun goes down, stay in your home. They can't get in. I suppose nothing would keep them from lobbing some fire to burn you down, but that won't stave their hunger any. So how on earth are these folks all getting taken? Morons. Personally, even when they were nice, I wouldn't have gone out at night, and been safe at home.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I kinda found the episode to be disjointed.

And what the hell was the prelude about?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
*SPOILER*

So with Alcide dead does this mean half the viewers will no longer be turning in?

On a side note, how did he die? Were they shooting silver bullets? This season continues to feel disjointed but I was happy to see Mrs. Thortonberyy (sp?) go on a diet. Maybe Tara's mom can be next.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

*SPOILER*

So with Alcide dead does this mean half the viewers will no longer be turning in?

On a side note, how did he die? Were they shooting silver bullets? This season continues to feel disjointed but I was happy to see Mrs. Thortonberyy (sp?) go on a diet. Maybe Tara's mom can be next.

Poor Alcide. But, I was more surprised by Maxine's demise than his.

I will continue to watch this train wreck until the bitter end. I mean, how much worse can this series get?
I believe Sookie will end up with Bill even though that isn't what happened in the books (the end of which was equally awful). They haven't really stuck to anything in the books since the first seasons. I know that it's an adaptation but they've taken parts from the books and mashed them altogether, in a bad way.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
This is literally the last show that I even bother to watch, as I don't even own a t.v. anymore. I have found myself skipping past so much just because it is so gawds awful boring to hear them talk about stuff that seems to add nothing to the story line. The pastor and the one girl talking (I suck with names fyi) Lafayette and the other dude talking, the whole diary scene. Complete and utter time fillers due to lack of decent content IMHO. I felt like the writers where talking amongst themselves saying, "we don't have enough plot to make an entire episode let alone an entire season so let's come up with a bunch of random conversations that add nothing to the plot nor does it develop the character, and stretch out something that takes 30 seconds to explain and drag it out for 5 minutes.
edit on 8-7-2014 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
I felt like the writers where talking amongst themselves saying, "we don't have enough plot to make an entire episode let alone an entire season so let's come up with a bunch of random conversations that add nothing to the plot nor does it develop the character, and stretch out something that takes 30 seconds to explain and drag it out for 5 minutes.

Can the Lannisters just show up and butcher everyone for me?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Can the Lannisters just show up and butcher everyone for me?

Yes, exactly.
Of course the source material for GOT is a billion times better.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
Of course the source material for GOT is a billion times better.

I just wish George had Charlaine's ability to complete novel after novel at what appears to be a never ending rate.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I hope they all die......painfully.

What a crap show it is now.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
I hope they all die......painfully.

What a crap show it is now.

Tell us how you really feel Zazz.

edit on 8-7-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

lol, a lil harsh?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
lol, a lil harsh?

Yeah, but I'm right there with you. I was praying that The Rains of Castamere would start playing in the background and the all of them would get gutted shortening the season to 3 episodes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join