It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Mysterious Sound Is Driving People Insane — And Nobody Knows What's Causing It

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard
tell your friend to research "smart meters"

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

i've been hearing this for some 15 to 20 years. went to the doc early on and he said tenitus. i got meds , took all of them and still hear it. so, i just resolved to live with it. it's happening right now as i type.

sometimes it's louder other times it's low pitched. i just accept as part of life and don't let it bother me.

the doc offered more meds, but that's stuff is too expensive for me, so now i have my own personal little hell , lmao.
( hope this post takes cos it wont let me preview)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Is there a particular location?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Just thought I would throw in this wiki page about the now famous Hum. We have several places here in the UK that have the same humming and still no known source and dates back as far as the 1940's.

Wiki The Hum

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

Yes. She has complained and the ever-so-helpful technician said she was basically nuts. (Not in so many words, but in attitude, etc.) She called the Public Utility Commission, and while they may not totally believe her experience, they are willing to help her get it removed due to it being imposed without her consent. I feel really sorry for her! It is a very real thing affecting her life!!

Thanks for the helpful advice - I appreciate you taking the time to post that!

- AB

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: UNIT76

I think you nailed it = I believe that's what they called it. She told me that people were having trouble with it in other states as well... Thank you!

- AB

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
That was going on in Kokomo, Indiana for quite a while. Here's a link

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

After the link there is a link World Hum Map

Seems very odd that only mainland Europe, US, UK, Australia and NZ would be hearing it, and basically the rest of the world can't hear it or can't report it.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I dont need no sound to drive me insane -- I got politicians and progressives to do that.

Bazinga!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I have read of such cases in the past involving a variety of locations and sounds, and I think one would be hard-pressed to prove that people are not hearing "something." Every so often I will hear a very high frequency sound, and I am the only one who seems to notice something out of the ordinary when this occurs, so rationally I just assume it is something internal...maybe the sound of blood in my head or whatever. It does not happen very often. If I had to guess I would say not more than 4 or 5 times a year. The last time I heard it was maybe 2-4 weeks ago. It is definitely noticeable. I do know that I scored quite highly on the last hearing test I received, so either I can hear higher frequencies than others or the sound is internal.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: th3dudeabides
hmmm ..they're G8 and/or 5-eyes (etc) countries, aren't they!?
this is all starting to make sense..

a reply to: AboveBoard
n/p ..it's about time i was useful

edit on 19-6-2014 by UNIT76 because: manners an' stuff

a reply to: JiggyPotamus
sometimes electrical devices do it,
there's a foxtel box a friend has that i can't stand to be around
every now & then my fridge starts sounding off and it doesn't seem to bother others
i know a few people who don't have electricity, they claim to be sensitive to it and it apparently bothers them..

..i think they're building themselves some kind of global (mind) control system
/adjusts tinfoil hat
edit on 19-6-2014 by UNIT76 because: /shrugs

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

A quick reply, sorry.

I had the initial impression of, well you do understand we are on a giant rock that is flying through the cosmos right?

Space weather is the one thing not being observed close enough in my opinion.

Considering earth like a garden is really fundamental, some days and seasons are better than others. Due to the weather and growing conditions.........some folks haven't reached this area of computation yet is all...time and hopefully we have it.

I'm relatively sure that our own noise travelling in front and behind us on a global level is approaching the range that we thrive in and receive thus affecting growth...

It's what to do about it that matters really.

It's a very fine line between eugenics and species longevity, despite religious belief.

I'm thinking we are reaching the saturation point and need to rethink/ reinvest as a common specie and not individuals and country....we just are not there yet...as individuals.

My bro and I had one think in common, the singularity will happen one way or another in this life time....over 40 and counting....well see. We often wondered when sleepers would awake and look it's morning time to rise and shine it seems. This is awesome as it happens by rule of nature....and what is truthfully present...that I should live in times like these!

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: gortex

Well the article has described two known sources.

One is a furnace from a steel mill.

The other is possibly from vlf communications used by the military to communicate with subs.

here is a video of the windsor hum

Thank you for the video. I hear this noise from time to time at work, especially at night. That low, grumbling bass in the video is nearly exact to what I hear. I work at a grocery store so I've always assumed it was generators/freezers/something related to the store (not saying that it isn't).

But wow... I can distinctly recall sweeping up the back room and not necessarily 'hearing' but feeling those vibrations, if that makes any sense. I'd always push on my ear for a few moments and it'd seem to stop.

After watching this video however, and like the guy in the article put it - I nearly dropped my laptop.

Thank you for the thread OP, this blew my mind.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Interesting stuff. This has come up on ATS before and I have added my own contributions which I shall try to dig up and post back with. When I had researched this before Taos, New Mexico Hueytown, Alabama and Kokomo Indiana had been the most prominent locations going back 20ish? years or so. I had even found reports from the U.K. that go back further.

One theory was mining equipment(Giant fans if I recall underground) but test were done by the University of Alabama which concluded that was not the source. There were some papers published on this as well I will try to link. The OP hit on another of the proposed theories which have related to the Air Force.

I have always been fascinated by this. AS a kid I would come to Alabama to visit my grandparents and recall the news stories about the "Hueytown Hum" .

Here is one of the papers I had found online from the Sky sounds threads a few years ago where this was all being discussed.
Journal of Scientific Exploration, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 571–595, 2004

The original sky sounds thread
Sky Sounds 1/25/2012 Atlanta, GA Personal Video/Audio

For the record I dont think the sky sounds from that thread are related to the hums that have been heard for 60+ years.
edit on 19-6-2014 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Well those low frequency sounds are very much like what I heard when they were digging the channel tunnel. I worked on the surface where there was an access tunnel that was used to lower machinery into the main tunnel. From that access tunnel I often heard a low rumbling just like we hear in the clip posted above.

My guess would be the sounds are coming from deep in the ground, that would explain why people cant pin point the source.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Mining companies and universities have done test which concluded that the sounds were not related to their equipment as far as they could tell . I don't recall all of the specifics but the cases have more incidents that disprove the theory as well. It sounds reasonable but apparently it was enough of a nuisance the mining companies didn't want to take any blame and assisted with the testing.

I live near several mines and know many miners and have never heard anything like the hum. I will see if I can track down some old videos from the Hueytown, AL incident.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
We have had a hum here in Sedona that has been persistent for the 17 years I've been here. It's definitely external and is most noticeable in the middle of the night, but can also be heard at other times. Some people are more sensitive to it than others. Over the years, there have been many theories about it, the most common being that there's an underground government base near here. Who knows? The hum goes on.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I hear it, not all the time and its so low, I say about 30-36Hz after trying to replicate it with a tone generator. On the Hum map there are another couple of reports from my town, not far from me too.

I also hear what sounds like wind chimes when there are none around, but not very often.

It mostly happens at night, but occasionally during the day in the afternoon it would start.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
For people susceptible to VLF, really meaning that they have acute hearing, they should try some of our noise-cancellation technology to see if they can neutralize it. Companies like Bose have tune-able noise cancellation headphones that are probably the best in the industry.

The way they work is to take a spectrum of the frequency band (in this case low frequencies) and invert their respective phases. It then modulates the original with the inverted waves and effectively null out the unwanted frequencies.

I would like to hear if anyone has tried this technique to see if they can alleviate the bothersome sounds.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv
I can drown it out with normal monitor headphones, but sometimes I like to listen to it, its almost musical sometimes.

I know its not from mining, smart meters or wind turbines because there are non of these in the location. What it is I could only guess.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join