It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama: Statement on Iraq - Live

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Doesnt sound like a peaceful religion to me......

Aww to be fair here.

The issue is 'right wing' extremists within Islam that bastardize the religion for their own agenda.

It is their 'neocons' that want to empire, and nation build.

edit on 19-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
"First, we are working to secure our embassy and personnel operating inside of Iraq. As president, I have no greater priority than the safety of our men and women serving overseas. So I’ve taken some steps to relocate some of our embassy personnel, and we’ve sent reinforcements to better secure our facilities"

Great conversations going on, feel like this is being overlooked. Almost like he is saying something to try and make people forget about how Benghazi went.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Everybody says "Where is the moderate Muslims?".

They are scared to death to stand up. I don't blame them.

These Terrorists are ruthless. Talk about holding a grudge.

They can hold grudges for Centuries and they will come after you.

I believe there are millions of moderates...They just want to keep their heads.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Yo D of the P.
edit on 19-6-2014 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I like your comment.
I've traveled extensively there, and unlike our esteemed member dark storm who said if a muslim interacts with a christian or jew they are traitors, I was treated respectfully, kindly and even welcomed into many of their homes for a meal or coffee. This included taking sunset Ramadan meals. They were some of the nicest friendliest pople overall. We differed vastly on religion, none were wahabists or jihadists that take every word of the quran literally, but tempered and we talked about cat memes on the net etc. Neither of us really cared what religion the other was..

The ones that scream the loudest are extremists and that is unfortunately the ones that everyone hears. Same with extreme christians. The others just go on with their day of working or raising their families whilst the lunacy goes on around them.

reply to: whyamIhere

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Saying that Sunni interests have not been served is interesting, if he said that.

That shows an element of sympathy for the Sunni fighters in Iraq, and in a way blames the Iraqi government for not being more inclusive.

Smells like the Saudis have had a hand in the president's decisions on this.

The Iranians are going to be pissed... Could provoke an Iranian insurgency in Iraq, perhaps as, if not more brutal than the current Sunni uprising.

Well somebody has to go in and stop this US and Saudi trained group. If not the US I hope Iran steps up or Russia. Thank you very much.

And some arrests need to be made.
edit on 19-6-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

I would assume that if they kept referring to them as ISIS (which apparently, lost in translation, means almost the same thing as ISIL) then they may not be able to shake the conspiracy theorists on their involvements in basically aiding and abetting that organization.

Perhaps there IS a conspiracy with the symbol of the group and their name being ISIS. The word in its visual symbol;ISIS, is quite noticeable and unique. Perhaps by not referring to them as ISIS they aren't allowing programming to continue?

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Perhaps, because it is noticeable and unique the US do not want to pay homage to the name ISIS. Just not giving them the stage and reaction they want?

But maybe there's a simpler reason...like they really aren't aware of what's going on and who all the players are in this cluster #. Although, that would be surprising on a hilariously ironic, yet ironically disastrous level.

Speculation is fun

PS I found the $$ image on this website:

Secrets In Plain Sight

Just saw this, $$, for the first time...very reminiscent of a WWII German paramilitary group

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join