It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama, trapped!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Completely disagree.

It has been our "covert" actions in the past that have given rise to the hatred and disgust for America that exists today (Iran 1953?).

It's time to take care of ourselves before we try to manipulate the future of other countries.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
C'mon you think this army came out of nowhere...lol

Where did they get all this new equipment from...totally staged event.

Obama is in no box - he wants a second front against Assad in Syria & he has it.

Peace

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This is like a bad recording over and over again. That is how getting involved in Viet Nam started. "Advisers".

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: g146541

ummm, the leader said NYC was next. So, and, um, yeah.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
This may sound crazy but why don’t they send in 100000 troops!
Why not get the job done. The same thing in Afghanistan. Send in 80 000 troops and get the job done. And leave 30 or forty thousand for a few years

This ins't Vietnam. A few thousand nuts running around in the desert playing Jihad

This would end these wars, be a boost on the economy, and who knows, may end this terrorism stuff for all time.
This is what makes me get the idea these wars are managed only to serve the MIC purposes.

Because if they would once and for all extend enough resources to get these wars over with. Business would suffer.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
If we go in, we have to go the same way we went in WWII - go in and put the population into total submission. No rules of engagement, no winning hearts and minds. We go in a be as brutal as we need to be until no one dares look at us cross-eyed. If we don't have the stomach to do that, then we have no business going. It's the only thing that culture respects - brute force. And if we do it, we have to understand that we're committed to staying there and completely rebuilding their culture from the ground up, not the country infrastructure, the culture, much like we did with the Japanese.

If we aren't prepared and willing to do those things, nothing we do in the Middle East will ever change it or make a difference.

hell yeah, we should go in like no ones ever seen. black triangles and everything. pull out all the new toys we are supposed to have. the louder the better. freakin lazzer beams. test out them "rods from god" space weapon platforms.

make shock and awe look like an 8yo's birthday party. i want to watch and crap MY pants! lol.

freak the world out. that sends a pretty good message to everyone, i bet.

the USA is insane, i could roll with that. lol!

anyone else want to play?

and i'm fairly serious about that, btw.

but none of that would happen. so don't worry about my state of mind, people.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
The entire Middle East situation can easily be solved because the only resource it has is indeed oil. The US interest in Iraqi oil is that it must be available to be purchased on the world market so other countries that buy Iraqi oil (the US is not one of them) can buy that oil and not the the oil that the US buys. So the US interest is that of lower prices on the oil it does buy by making an alternative for the other countries to buy.

But at the same time, the US could just simply stop buying all Middle Eastern oil, produce domestically for its own needs (we have over 500 years worth) while actively pursuing an alternative such as hemp seed oil (which works perfectly fine in diesel engines other than adding anti-gel chemicals for the winter months that we add to diesel anyway). Surely we can come up with a better alternative for our transportation needs in 500 years since we have only had cars for a little over 100 years as it is.

The only problems with such a solution is that wealth (and power) will become redistributed from the small group of oil tycoons and certain Middle Eastern families to a much larger group of US farmers. And the humanitarian aspects of there being a large region of the world that has no purpose to the rest of the world. But it is hard to sell idealistic fanaticism to someone who only has sand and oil to eat and all you can offer is that same sand and oil.

The solution to the Middle East is for the world to make them irrelevant until they are ready to fix their internal problems and join the rest of the world as a civilized and stable region. The bonus side effect is that as oil isn't needed, it becomes VERY cheap. But basically what I am saying is that oil is not spice, this isn't Dune and the spice doesn't have to flow in order for us to get by just fine. And by us, I mean the US, EU, Japan, China, India and Russia.
edit on 20-6-2014 by Ahabstar because: I need a new proofreader

top topics

<< 1   >>

join