Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

President Obama, trapped!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
President Obama finds himself and his administration now finds that he is in a tight position here with the Iraq ISIL situation. And even as I am writing this Presdeint Obama is delaying his speech that he is going on an hour late for. Early reports are that he is thinking about sending 100 green Beret's over to Iraq.

The president is caught between sending forces to Iraq and puitting more American lives at risk which is something most Americans do not want. And before hand Obama has said Iraq was a "dumb war". And I think the general feeling that the American people have is that we want to be done with Iraq, that maybe enough is enough and the Iraqi people have to standup on their own.

Obama is also caught with not wanting to be seen as ineffective in this situation
He has to be seen as confident. But how can he be confident when there is very little he can do with out sending forces?

I think air strike's or predator drone runs might not be the best answer because ISIS as I understand our spread throughout cities where there are innocent people there. W emight have to face the hard reality that the only to change the situatiuon on the ground is to go on the ground.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
On a Bigger picture we might have to face the fact that Iraq Could be lost I have heard of alot of people say that this might be the "end of iraq". That soemthing like the breaking up of iraq into 3 different states which has been said might happen some years ago by others.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It is insane to even think about sending in more troops, this is just another war, police action or what ever that they will not be allowed to win. Read the rules of engagement for our military as opposed to NO RULES for them, who ever them is this time.

You can't fight cowards that hide behind civilians, when these people fight each other they kill everyone so let them fight.

The only way this will ever stop is one side or the other are completely dead and gone...then they will no doubt start fighting among themselves for control.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This seems to be putting a lot of people on either side of an important fence. We have to understand that ISIS is a threat that the world cannot just ignore. We cant just look away and hope that when they take control they will suddenly start to think that their old ways of killing women and children, is behind them and not the way to move forward. Understand, these people are looking to create their own country, a country that is ruled by Sharia Law and condemns the rest of the world, that's the REST of the world as nothing but cannon fodder.

Lets imagine say a year from now, we've turned our backs, shut our eyes and blocked our eyes to all the screams of war and death. Iraq has gone we now have to deal with a country lets call it Isis-land, that is now looking to move their beliefs across the world, but they've now got a huge army, their young are put on the front line, we know our soldiers wont kill 'em. We know our military will have a huge fight on their hands to get back over there and do what they do best.

I'm against the war in Iraq, I've been shouting from the rooftops that it was a mistake, just like all of you but it seems on here I'm the only one who gets the point that if we do nothing, we dont just condemn a country we all see as bad and evil, we condemn a world to constant threats, at least if we do something now we have a chance, no matter how small to stop this from happening.

I know we already have to deal with threats from Korea, Russia etc. but we're gonna be a bigger bucket of S**T if we just live by the adage of 'Seeing no evil, hearing no evil and saying no evil' and no, Nuclear bombs are not the answer.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I say let them have at it. It is their country to do with as they will and as far as President Obama goes, it sucks to be you right now but he did sign up for the job so take it as it comes. It is so tiresome to see the same history repeat itself time after time after time and to what end? Lives are lost, damaged, and maimed and bodies and minds crippled over wars that are never ending.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The country will not change for the better until it's people rise up and take control of the situation. Our own US history is proof of that.

Sending troops in to Iraq will only cause more bloodshed of the innocents, our own brothers and sisters and the country will still not be free.

And I really don't care how Obama looks to the rest of the world. Ya, we all know he is a weak president. So this one speech will not change that.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
If we go in, we have to go the same way we went in WWII - go in and put the population into total submission. No rules of engagement, no winning hearts and minds. We go in a be as brutal as we need to be until no one dares look at us cross-eyed. If we don't have the stomach to do that, then we have no business going. It's the only thing that culture respects - brute force. And if we do it, we have to understand that we're committed to staying there and completely rebuilding their culture from the ground up, not the country infrastructure, the culture, much like we did with the Japanese.

If we aren't prepared and willing to do those things, nothing we do in the Middle East will ever change it or make a difference.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofsheba

To your point of this happening throughout history. I mean this region the Middle east has only know war and blood shed throughout history to think that we America can change this.... Is just fool hardy. That may why we are in this mess because we have know one who can aptly look at the geo-political landscape from the eyes of the people who are in that region. Who will say this will happen to this sect of people and this group will react like this. that's the kind of intelligence we need.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

That's why I say the only possible answer is to wipe the area out completely and attempt to remake the people themselves, and the shear, brutal decimation this would take is well beyond what we're capable of at the moment. Oh, we could do it, but we don't have the stomach for it.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Danny85
You say...

We have to understand that ISIS is a threat that the world cannot just ignore.

And I ask why not???
I have yet to see the rifle that can fire half way across the world!
None of these people are a domestic threat at all!

It would however help if the US would stop funding these groups.
It would also help a great deal if we would just declare war on israel and carpet bomb the infestation in the sand box.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
SAD predicament

if it was a planet-

surround planet with UNited integrated forces
allow safest exit routs that can be controlled for population exit
keep drones over these routs and near them
move soldiers in silently but keep planet surrounded by United integrated forces
place large rewards for information in pamphlets and air drop them so the -opportunity links- can evade their groups who may be just followers (provide amnesty information in pamphlet for those quitting the fight and places to find refuge and their reward) upon receipt of rewards they are registered and sent outside planet. This way cannot return to planet under disguise due to being registered in data base found at checkpoints
hidden soldiers and drones watch for aggression groups seeking to make human shields and respond silently

EVACUATE ENTIRE PLANET

MOVE RESPONSE TEAM SURROUNDING PLANET INTO IT
RESPOND ACCORDINGLY TO THREATS OF IGNORANCE

alert the ignorant time is running out- give them a chance to change their minds if opportunity ignored this is their WILL

Entire planet free of innocence, next step I am sure the generals can figure out...

edit on 6/19/14 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
tried to think of ways to limit civilian & soldiers harm
these wars are ridicules. but there is ignorance in unbalance here

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I would have taken only a couple of drones to knock those toyotas off the road when he first heard about this. We all know full well that this option was looked at and was negated for some reason. I will have a hard time believing that that message was not givin to him about this. Obama wants to go home now.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
a reply to: Danny85
You say...

We have to understand that ISIS is a threat that the world cannot just ignore.

And I ask why not???
I have yet to see the rifle that can fire half way across the world!
None of these people are a domestic threat at all!

It would however help if the US would stop funding these groups.
It would also help a great deal if we would just declare war on israel and carpet bomb the infestation in the sand box.

Oh, I see. Appease them and they'll go away?

Worked well with Hitler, and it'll work well with the radicals whose religion openly states there will be no peace until all the world is for Allah.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: g146541

Why not?

You're right, they dont have a rifle that can fire a shot across the world but what about five years from now when they've set up their own proper country. when they have scientists, when they have their own bombs, jets, boats etc. The problem is most people seem to be shut eyed when it comes to the future. You're not someone who has 'Right now' vision, are you. Someone who doesn't see beyond the next few days.

You must be able to understand where I'm coming from. We have basically two choices, sit ideally by and let this happen, then in ten years when we have to send in our troops, kids again, to die on the battlefield or we can do something now. Give the country the support they are begging that's begging for, put our boots on their necks and say, we aren't gonna take their crap.

carpet bombing isn't really the right way about it. I'm not sure if you've seen the pictures yet but you know they're using kids on the front line right, are you happy to bomb innocent kids who dont understand why they're fighting but do it because they are being told to.

We have to do something now, or in ten or so years we are going to be explaining to our children, why we sat on our arses and did nothing. And in case you were wondering, carpet bombing their 'Sand Box' would only give Isis soldiers hiding out in other countries a bigger reason to get more troops.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

To me this is religon at its finest.
My god can wipe your god.
I just wish these gods would show up for the fight.
Yes, I know both side are of the same religon, so this makes it even more pathetic.
"You don't pray right, so you're a heretic, an infidel, and don't deserve to live."

Some times I would like to go back in time and sink the boat, castrate Abram, and pour water on the bushes.

Of course, then some people would pick a fight over... say skin color or who could build the biggest bomb.

I do wish we had drone which could carry na-palm.
edit on 19-6-2014 by teamcommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Also do we have an interest there in Iraq AN American interest? Andif it is the the oil/energy. Lets go in and protect it and not give a half baked account of ourselves by sending "300 advisors". I mean we need to be real about what are actual interest is there, and not say that stupid line of "well we dont want it to be a hot bed for terroist activities."

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
We ought to use CIA assets and perform a coup, like we have done in numerous other countries.

Issac Asimov wrote in one of his books, "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent".

If we can undermine ISIS/ISIL from within, by using clandestine tactics -- I think that's what we should do.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
We ought to use CIA assets and perform a coup, like we have done in numerous other countries.

Issac Asimov wrote in one of his books, "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent".

If we can undermine ISIS/ISIL from within, by using clandestine tactics -- I think that's what we should do.

Maybe the CIA *IS* involved.

Obama and then Sec of State Hillary both said they wanted Syria's Assad o-u-t.

A stabilization of (Sunni) ISIS in Iraq will free up assets to defeat Assad and further prevent the Iran-Iraq-Syria (Shi'ite) gas pipeline.

Then the (Sunni) Saudi/Qatar gas pipeline can be built.

Russia however will respond.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
On a Bigger picture we might have to face the fact that Iraq Could be lost I have heard of alot of people say that this might be the "end of iraq". That soemthing like the breaking up of iraq into 3 different states which has been said might happen some years ago by others.

Not could be lost.

It is lost.

Stick a fork in it

It's done.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join