It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq crisis: Isis jihadists 'seize Saddam Hussein's chemical weapons stockpile' - live

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Hey Brotherman,

Well, I wouldn't know fresh from stale in that regard...

Got a theory then about why Rumsfeld, Bush and Cheney decided to take a hit and not announce the discovery of live and viable WMD during the war? Why would they let people call them liars for so long?

If they were US/Rumsfeld supplied then, that's the only possibility I could think of for not saying anything. But really, WMDs were not, in my opinion, the reason for the war to begin with - oil was...

peace,
AB

link   
a reply to: andy1972

Ognuno e la colpa.

link   

I don't think anyone can really deny it. After all "we" sold/gave them to Saddam.

What I do not believe is that Iraq still has them. If Saddam still had them I firmly believe he would have used them when he saw he was going down. And if they still existed why in the HELL would the US have pulled out and left them there?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

I am not sure why, I lean towards the control of opec and doing business in the dollars and not anything else but that is my opinion. I do think that there are chem weapons in Iraq and the materials to make chem weapons in Iraq again just my opinion

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: fnpmitchreturns

Interesting! I was fairly young at that time, and had not heard about this... As I posted to Destiny...its about the oil...

Thanks... Do you have a source? I'm curious...

peace,
AB

You are correct AB. It's about the oil. Gas prices in my area have already jumped .50 a gallon in the past 4 days.

With November elections around the corner, and Christmas right after that...people are starting to really freak out about the spike in gas prices.

With a new caliphate controlling potential oil coming to us, Dems are trying to find anything that will keep that stink off their shoes, as voters head to the voting booths.

I think a lot of old stories will get thrown against the wall to see if anything sticks.

Des

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: InvisibleOwl

I don't think anyone can really deny it. After all "we" sold/gave them to Saddam.

What I do not believe is that Iraq still has them. If Saddam still had them I firmly believe he would have used them when he saw he was going down. And if they still existed why in the HELL would the US have pulled out and left them there?

Because there are events that MUST come to pass. Its like a board game...if no one throws a six they can't pass go and collect 200 dollars..

If these events do not come to pass by other means, then they must be provoked to maintain the momentum of whatever plan they have,

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

America doesnt buy alot of oil from the ME

Link

Thats why I think its a lot of BS about war for oil over there, I think it has more to do with controlling how it is bought and sold

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

Link

Thats why I think its a lot of BS about war for oil over there, I think it has more to do with controlling how it is bought and sold

BUT, and this is a big BUT!

World events effect the markets, drive prices up, drive prices down.

OIL is skyrocketing at the moment.

All by design ? YEP

Choose your scapegoat:

The OPEC nations make out like bandits.

The West makes out like bandits.

And so does the worlds only trillion dollar oil company PETROCHINA.
edit on 19-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Link

BUT, and this is a big BUT!

World events effect the markets, drive prices up, drive prices down.

OIL is skyrocketing at the moment.

All by design ? YEP

Choose your scapegoat:

The OPEC nations make out like bandits.

The West makes out like bandits.

And so does the worlds only trillion dollar oil company PETROCHINA.

Sure I agree, I am just saying that it isn't about the actual oil though, its about how it is bought and sold that makes the war profitable, I guess what I am trying to explain I am not explaining so well. Narco terrorists in SAmerica Drive up prices of sugar cane supposedly whilst they still sell lots of oil, they are trying to use the cane to make alternate fuel, this is another example I will find a link i am thinking about and u2u it too you as it is kind of off topic for the thread here.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Link

Be that as it may Brotherman. It doesn't stop the oil industry from raising prices on any little tick of bad news from the area of the world that produces the most oil. Greed has no boundaries.

We the people, are still going to be paying a lot more for gas as a byproduct of the politics involved.

It's still going to effect those looking to sit in a sacred chair in DC. It will be an interesting November, that's for sure.

Des

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Someday we will be free of the tyranny of oil and oil producers...but I'm not holding my breath.

There are plenty of Hawks wanting to jump back into the fray with our soldiers and dollars... *sigh* Yeah, just in time for Christmas...

peace to you,

AB

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
ISIS...creating a CRISIS.

Look, we knew Iraq would fall into the hands of rouge peoples before we even went in -- so why on God's green Earth would we leave weapons and gear -- ESPECIALLY chemical weapons behind?

Seems to me "someone" wanted them to be there when the SHTF, and be taken over by rebel factions. It really is the only logical answer.

It saddens me that most of the people in the US will go along with whatever they're told. I can't believe "they" (whoever 'they' are) keep getting away with the same old song and dance routine. I can't figure out how people I know can be so blind.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TerrorAlertRed

Uhhhhh...noooo.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

I predict NY will have $7.00 a gallon gas come November. My area has always had softer prices, I see $5.00 a gal for this area of the country. You couldn't pay me to live in California now, with the stringent gas emission laws in place.

ETA: Sorry for the thread drift...I'll get back on track now.

I think this is a test float of the story of terrorists now in control of WDM's to see how it floats in the eyes of Americans.

Des

edit on 19-6-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

unfortunatly gas prices will never go down, consider this one factor on top of all the other factors many don't tend to think about, consider all the roadways that China has built in the past 10 years. It is double and almost triple of americas highway infrastructure in a fraction of the time, they are growing in that regard so fast that they consume so much adding to the cost for export elsewhere, that is alot of oil they are using to do that. But this thread isn't about oil so Ill back off for now.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: InvisibleOwl

Those bastards! Not the kittens! Where do I enlist?

Does the admin seriously think we are gonna fall for the WMD lie again?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Well looks like our Politicians are trying to BS us again.

I don't think "OMG WMD IN IRAQ" will work again.....

95% of Americans will eat this up with a spoon because they're stupid. Right now, thousands of high school seniors are signing up to go "fight for their country/freedom". This is the foreign policy equivalent of the "hey, look over there!" trick. Again, the VAST majority of dog-dumb 'Muricans will believe it.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Here we go again, the WMD scam to start or justify more profits for the military/industrial complex. Why don't they just stop with the wars and start calling it what it is, corporate welfare.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Well isn't that the reason US invaded Iraq, took Saddam out of power and then allowed his execution? well if ISIS have WMD that means US can invade them and do whatever they want and just like Saddam the government doesn't need prove that they do have them, just that they may have them, right?

Oh, this just so reminiscence of the Bush administration, I am starting to have Deja Vu.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

We have been warned by the local news that thanks to Iraq "crisis" the gas will jump substantially by the memorial day weekend, so convenient, such an important holiday, but the oil barons needs their profits.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join