It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq crisis: Isis jihadists 'seize Saddam Hussein's chemical weapons stockpile' - live

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Heres a stockpile of warheads dug up by that "junkyard" I was talking about

If memory serves correct as their was a whole lot more then just that those where specially incinerated because of a chemical threat.

link
edit on 19-6-2014 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

I'm a little curious as to why dealing with leftover chemical weapon components wasn't on the list of things to deal with in all the years the US wasted over there. Was the plan to just forget about them?

That is a question to be asked of two US administrations.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: fnpmitchreturns

Interesting! I was fairly young at that time, and had not heard about this... As I posted to Destiny...its about the oil...

Thanks... Do you have a source? I'm curious...

peace,
AB

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I'm a little curious as to why dealing with leftover chemical weapon components wasn't on the list of things to deal with in all the years the US wasted over there. Was the plan to just forget about them?

If they got rid of them they couldn't bring them through the border.

link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
I don't see why it is so hard to believe Saddam had WMDs.

I don't get it.

Because EVERYTHING people think they know about the Iraq war comes from that same msm media they say can't be trusted.

They 'trust' it for that.

But they don't 'trust' for anything else.

link   

originally posted by: andy1972

originally posted by: beezzer
Just a reminder to all of those who are saying that Iraq never had WMD's.

Ask the Kurds.

(just sayin')

Who can deny iraq had CW's..DONALD RUMSFELD SOLD IRAQ CHEMICAL WEAPONS

A lot of people sold IRaq chemical weapons see the sourced material.

Yeah, but no one denies it quite like Donny...

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

If they got rid of them they couldn't bring them through the border.

During the early years of the war they were said to have been moved to Syria.

And that is where ISIS went from IRaq.

Now their 'chickens' came home to roost.

Kinda of confusing I honestly don't know what the hell to believe.

link   
a reply to: Brotherman

In 3-5 years from creation, these would all be degraded and useless as weapons... (see my post) www.abovetopsecret.com...

So I don't think these are actually able to be used at this point...it's been well over a decade since the war...

peace,
AB

link   

Ask the Kurds.

(just sayin')

Most people don't like to read all the facts they only want to blame America.

link   
a reply to: neo96

Lets be honest, you are predisposed to believe there is something more than some old rusty barrels of ingredients for manufacturing chemical weapons lying around. You were hyping Dick Cheney's WSJ op-ed yesterday.

It's funny that we've known about these bunkers all along but the Bush administration you're so eager to defend didn't offer them up as proof of the massive stockpiles of WMDs they lied about to drum up support for the war and subsequent occupation of Iraq.

Considering ISIL will be far less equipped to move this material than the UN & US military and it's apparently not enough that the Bush administration thought it was vindication for their own BS WMDs claims, I'd say it's nothing to be overly concerned with.

I see you're really passionate about Iraq. What do you propose the US does? (whatever Dick Cheney says — again?)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

true, but they were pretty fresh when I photographed them back in 2004. If you notice that the first set of pictures on the HEDP rockets the war heads had been removed. I wonder what they were re-purposed for?

Again may not be chemical but those bastards made an art form out of repurposing UXO and that doesnt always go inert for example here is a 550lb bomb that was controlled det that was laying around since WW2

That is a big boom, you don't want something like that going off in a populated market, I am sure all the DU laying around Iraq may add a terrible ingrediant to anything those a holes want to concoct. I been there before and know that if they can they will and there is no shortage of UXO and other materials left behind.
edit on 19-6-2014 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Ask the Kurds.

(just sayin')

Most people don't like to read all the facts they only want to blame America.

No ones blaming only America..lets just say if there is a world mafia, then the USA is capo de tutti capi...

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

This is such bollocks .. anyone with a little thinking can see it's an avenue for the US to get back in Iraq .. this situation was clearly created !
The American people wanted their military out of Iraq ..and the criminals in the White House needed a way back in with another excuse .. and now back to chemical weapons ..?? wow ..they just keep making up this crap and people keep on eating it ..no wonder they get away with everything !

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Oh, these WMDs are just Weapons of "Minimal" Destruction. Hardly the same thing and, in reality, don't pose a risk nor do they even exist. No, we've known about the existence of these nonexistent WMDs for decades and are quite sure they are inert for the most part.

That said, what in the hell is going on over there!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Master of confusion strikes again, works well for them, I see they have made and art-form out of it.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Lets be honest, you are predisposed to believe there is something more than some old rusty barrels of ingredients for manufacturing chemical weapons lying around. You were hyping Dick Cheney's WSJ op-ed yesterday.

OK here is honesty.

I am 'predisposed' to believe 2000 years of middle east history, right long with 50 years of 'terrorist' activities that span from the middle east in to this country.

Numerous examples exist of terrorist attacks in this country before 9-11.

Given the fact that 'terrorists' are true believers and it is ok to use ANY means to kill the people they don't like.

Simple fact it has never been all Mai Tai's and yahtzee in the ME never will be.

Quite of few people blame Bush for 'breaking' the middle east, but hell.

That place has been broken for a few thousand years.

edit on 19-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
The OP seemed to have forgot this little part from the article.

Although declared, the bunkers contents have yet to be confirmed.

So nobody really knows what was in those bunkers for all we know they could have been the CW's that Rumsfeld sold to Hussein. Now the question is why did Bush and his cronies not destroy these chemical plants before he signed the paperwork that made us cut and run from Iraq?

10 years of American occupation and you seriously think we never peeked inside the bunker to see what it was? That's utterly absurd to think that the American government doesn't know exactly what's in that bunker. If it IS chemical weapons, that means huge lies. If it's NOT chemical weapons, it still means huge lies.

You defense of Obama is achieving laughable levels... good job!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: andy1972

Those bastards! Not the kittens! Where do I enlist?

Does the admin seriously think we are gonna fall for the WMD lie again?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Master of confusion strikes again, works well for them, I see they have made and art-form out of it.
Exactly..they fill the media with so much BS, when the real deal goes down...no one knows what to believe, so they always have time to act before joe public get a chance to react.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: InvisibleOwl
a reply to: andy1972

Those bastards! Not the kittens! Where do I enlist?

Does the admin seriously think we are gonna fall for the WMD lie again?

Ermmm, they fell for it in '91 and 2001...why not now..
edit on PM4Thu20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join