It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltimore officer arrested after slitting throat of lost dog: ‘

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Police and military work: The only two jobs that seem to turn people into sociopaths.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Just another case of one "bad cop" almost getting away with a horrible act because the "good cops" didn't do a darn thing about it. They couldn't even be bothered to report the incident like they are required to do.

If i had my way, not only would the one who murdered the dog get thrown in jail, but every officer that knew of the act and did not report it would be in jail as accomplices.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
From all the stories I have read in the news about American cops over the past 5 years, they seem to hire guys with serious mental issues.
edit on 19-6-2014 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
You know here is the thing that I keep thinking about. How many times do these pricks pull stuff like this and we never hear about it? I know some people will say this is just one of those few bad apples, but I'm wondering if its not more like the tip of the iceberg. Just how many more monsters are there on the force?

edit on 19-6-2014 by imwilliam because: spellin/grammar

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Hiring people with low iq's and bully mentalities seems to really make for some great police officers! How can anyone have respect for the pigs anymore and they totally earn that name as far as I am concerned.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo
Stray dog or not...most people in this country view dogs as pets....not live stock.

They need not be slaughtered unless they have proven themselves as a threat to others.

This "LEO" slaughtered the poor animal for no reason.

In this case....who is the true "animal"?

Yep....my thoughts exactly!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Why kill it after you already have it captured? That's a psychotic. Must of pissed him off that he had to go through the trouble and sweat a little bit to capture it.
edit on 19-6-2014 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
there has to be a lawsuit in this somewhere.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
I find this story incredible. Don't they do psych exams on police recruits?

sure they do....if you are psycho and will kill in cold blood without a twitch... you are in the club...

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
That is terrible.. it says a lot about the psykey of the cop...dangerous at every level...i dont agree with cruelty in any form..poor pup

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
The accused has been with the department since 1992.
After his arrest, he was released on his own recognizance.
No bail required? I will take this as a sign that this dude will get a slap on the wrist and be back at work soon, even if it is at a different cop shop.
If it were you or I, we would have to post $50,000 bail, get a jail sentence plus a fine.... and the ASPCA would be calling for our heads on a plate.

The possibly rabid animal tried to bite her - the officer deserves a commendation for performing a public service in the protection of a human being. STAR/FLAG for the brave officer who risked life and limb in the putting down of a possibly RABID worthless animal - probably a pit bull? A breed that should be exterminated en masse as a public menace.

edit on 20-6-2014 by FairAndBalanced because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: FairAndBalanced

"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character; and it can be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man." - Schopenhauer

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: 10983n8

"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character; and it can be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man." - Schopenhauer

Religion is the masterpiece of the art of animal training, for it trains people as to how they shall think.
Arthur Schopenhauer

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: FairAndBalanced

originally posted by: 10983n8

Religion is the masterpiece of the art of animal training, for it trains people as to how they shall think.
Arthur Schopenhauer

This quote appears to be in reference to religion and its influence on the mind of man , not directly applicable in this discussion.

a good quote never the less.

-N

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

This was not a stray it was someone's pet

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere

originally posted by: Restricted
I find this story incredible. Don't they do psych exams on police recruits?

Yes and this is exactly what they look for.

See: The Rapist and the Cop

For all your psych eval questions.

No its not what they look for.

Sure it is. And it's what they actively encourage throughout the cops career:

distrustful of outsiders
cynical
conservative (not necessarily politically, but rather resistant to change)
suspicious
pessimistic
pragmatic
prejudicial
and holding other widely-shared attitudes about and beyond the mainstream view. (ref. 7 & 8)

Have you even looked at the sources? They're all from academic studies and the polices own research into themselves. No arbitrary cop-hating sources.

The ideal cop is full of himself, aggressive and paranoid. By their own admission and decades of research.

This isnt some fantasy nonsense I'm making up or relying on biased HuffPo articles for.

If you're not a psycho that's great. More power to you. But if I had passed their 'evaluation' or gotten hired by them to perform their tasks I know I'd be taking long hard looks in the mirror.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I have a feeling he'll get his comeupance.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Yeah looks like pigs are potentially dangerous too, guess we should start eliminating them too.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

And as a Police Officer I can tell you that is not what they look for. Further I don't care much for being compared to this idiot. Making a blanket statement about law enforcement is ignorant. I am positive people in here would not want to be considered pedophiles simply because a pedophile raped a child.

@ another poster who made the comment about what's not being reported. The exact opposite can be applied as well, which is how many times law enforcement act appropriately and professionally that is never reported in the news.

Secondly just how quickly do you think investigations / charges and court procedures occur? This just happened so I am not sure why you guys think the problem would be resolved already.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: FairAndBalanced

originally posted by: butcherguy
The accused has been with the department since 1992.
After his arrest, he was released on his own recognizance.
No bail required? I will take this as a sign that this dude will get a slap on the wrist and be back at work soon, even if it is at a different cop shop.
If it were you or I, we would have to post $50,000 bail, get a jail sentence plus a fine.... and the ASPCA would be calling for our heads on a plate.

The possibly rabid animal tried to bite her - the officer deserves a commendation for performing a public service in the protection of a human being. STAR/FLAG for the brave officer who risked life and limb in the putting down of a possibly RABID worthless animal - probably a pit bull? A breed that should be exterminated en masse as a public menace.

The last thing that you want to do with a possibly rabid animal is immobilize it and cut its throat, causing rabies infected blood to spray all over the place.
If you have it immobilized, you put in a cage, where it is held in quarantine until the time period is met (I believe it is 3 weeks) to verify whether or not the animal has rabies.

ETA: My guess would be, judging by the photos and the existence of dog laws, that the animal had been vaccinated for rabies.
edit on b000000302014-06-20T13:46:17-05:0001America/ChicagoFri, 20 Jun 2014 13:46:17 -0500100000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join