It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's a Harley Jim but not as we Know It !!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Whoa no contest indeed , hats off to the geezer riding your (model) bike ....cool looking machine by the way

I used to have the Triumph wings on the back of my denim back in the 80s , had a Jap bike mind

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

That video is what pushed me to buy my rocket.

It's nice to see a fellow R.A.T

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I think it is an improvement over the absolutely obnoxious rumble of a typical Harley. I can not stand being in the presence of a biker rally. I would rather smash my head with a hammer than listen to that racket and breathe that exhaust. I am generally a pretty tolerant person, but I can state, with no hesitation..."Harley Davidson engines can go to Hell!" I have a neighbor that rides one and pulls up at 2 or 3 a.m. every morning. This sets my dog off barking and ruins my sleep. The dog hates those noisy piles of crap, too. I hate them with a passion.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I'm a small guy and look ridiculous on it !!

I don't so much ride her as flap off the handle bars LOL. This is me on 'The beast'.

OK.....................OK............... You can stop laughing now

Cody

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

That video is what pushed me to buy my rocket.

It's nice to see a fellow R.A.T

A pleasure to meet you thesaneone

I ONCE allowed Mrs C to rev up the beast just so I could stand behind and hear it for myself !!! (I know a foolish thing)

I swear it's the second best sound invented by mankind.

Cody

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Wow !!! , that is absolutely stunning I doff my hat to you sir , only in my dreams or at a bike show have I seen a beast like that , the guy sat atop looks like a bloke I could have a beer with.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I thought this thread was about electric motorcycles?

I've ridden CBXs and Scott Flying Squirrels, Kawasaki 2 stroke 750 triples and a 1903 Kerry. Harley used to give me a new model every year to use in a TV series. Triumph gave me a pair of Bonnies for the last Evel Knevil movie. My folks owned a multibrand motorcycle dealership for years.

I'm done with all of 'em.

Once you've experienced the flying carpet magic of an EBike you'll never desire a fossil fuel dinosaur again.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Wow !!! , that is absolutely stunning I doff my hat to you sir , only in my dreams or at a bike show have I seen a beast like that , the guy sat atop looks like a bloke I could have a beer with.

My round

Cody

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I wish someday I can get the courage and look at my pics of my bike before a drunk took both of us out.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

Kawasaki 2 stroke 750 triples

The KH 750 ? ... and you're still alive , wow ... I remember the tales told about them , I had the KH 400 but it lived in a box in bits until I sold it.

Once you've experienced the flying carpet magic of an EBike you'll never desire a fossil fuel dinosaur again.

A motorcycle without a real petrol engine just isn't the real deal to my mind , I like the sound and the sensation a real engine.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Psynic

A motorcycle without a real petrol engine just isn't the real deal to my mind , I like the sound and the sensation a real engine.

That's how I feel about those ugly cam ams.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yeah, zackly like this one.
www.bits4motorbikes.co.uk...

It was a death trap, but it was the CBX that came closest.

p1.bikepics.com...

Cody on his Triumph reminded me of it.

Too top heavy to turn and impossible to stop. I still remember how it felt to fly like Superman after broadsiding a Renault 16.

Now I own a couple of EBicycles. One for on road and one for off, and I love em.

I also have a lithium battery powered electric boat

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Nope.. no laughing here .. beautiful bike you got there cody

Seeing your bike there almost got me tempted to get a bike again and keep it at one of my sons houses for when make my trips downriver ( no roads out here to ride on in the boonies ) ..

Your a lucky man ..

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I would presume your talking about the new rockets as I owned one of the earlier rocket threes. I can tell you now I spent an awful lot of money keeping it on the road, broke down on a regular basis. The old Triumph and BSA factories were in Birmingham, about 15 miles from where I live. The new Triumph factory is 5 miles down the road from me. Now let me upset all the motorcyclists on here. Triumph, A British marque built in Britain, is virtually built with Japanese and Chinese components. Just built in Britain. Have a laugh at that one Yanks. Now go and look where all your beloved Harley Davidsons components come from. Just to give you a clue. It ain't USA.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Completely sterile and characterless ! Can't beat the sound of the petrol V - Twin, with loud pipes!

I live in the U.K, and a Harley passing by always makes me look...lovely !

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
This vid popped up on my YT today .
a reply to: thesaneone

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I think the vmax in all black is one of the meanest looking bikes out there.

Awesome.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Mine was a dark purple pearl .I am not sure if the new ones handle better but the breaks are a big improvement from what I have seen. I was going to put velcrow on my ass and seat at one time .It would pop me off the seat and one time pulled the handle bars right out of my hands .It scared me many times .Kind of glad I didn't keep it as I think a accident was in the cards .Loved the power though . a reply to: thesaneone

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Thanks for posting that video man

I've never ridden a vmax but it went to the top of my list of things to do, looks awesome, I don't think I'll be changing my beast though, I love her too much, eeeeeeeeeeerm the bike that is not the wife *DUCKS*

Cody

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
You got a nice ride there ..No need to change but yea do hop on the Vmax and give it a crank .They will actually take both wheels off the ground going from first to second .That shaft drive was something that took getting used to for me . a reply to: cody599

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join