It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's a Harley Jim but not as we Know It !!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Get ready for it , I can see much coffee being sprayed across computer screens for this one .... Harley-Davidson’s First Electric Motorcycle !

I'll admit it looks pretty cool but listen to it.

The LiveWire may not rumble like the Harleys everyone knows, and it doesn’t perform like them. But it’ll hit 60 mph in under four seconds and it’s got more style than other electrics we’ve ridden. Now Harley has to find out if anyone actually wants the thing.
www.wired.com...

No is the simple answer , an electric scooter ... fine , an electric car ...fine but an electric motorcycle is just wrong on soooo many levels not least of those is safety , most people hear a motorcycle before they see it so if you can't hear it you probably won't see it until it's to late.

It's a nice concept idea guys but in the real world nobody will buy it , who want's a Harley that doesn't deafen anyone within a half mile radius , I'd imagine the H.A would send out hit squads to rid the world of the evil scourge from our roads ....electric Harley

edit on 19-6-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

As they say, "Loud pipes save lives."

I've got a set of V&H BigShots. People 'feel' that rumble. LOL

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I have to say, I think it looks great, as matt black is my favourite shade. And as for the sound? Well, I am all for anything that sounds like it fell out of the Star Wars universe. It could just use more wheels is all. However, I echo your concerns about the volume of its audiological output.

I cross the road only after looking and listening in all directions, to ensure the coast is clear, which is a must when walking near sharp bends and so on. If no engine noise is in evidence, but a vehicle might still be present, it will mean people will have to take EVEN MORE care when crossing the street.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
It wont help those that are hung up on a status symbol kind of thing .For me it's always been a point A to B .Having had many bikes (1952 pan head ) I enjoyed them all .I had a few quieter ones that actually were a nice relief from the trumpeters and screaming rice rockets .My last was a DR 650 that was so quiet .Easy not to draw attention to .As for the safety factor of being heard over being seen ,I choose to always ride offensively . Nice looking bike though .

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Nice lines on it .. and not bad on concept of electric ..

But if was going to ride again give me one of the old harleys or nortons anyday ..

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
lol ..I had a 66 Norton 650 ss that vibrated so bad your hand would go to sleep after 20 miles . Loved it though a reply to: Expat888

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

All my bikes have been Japanese rice burners I prefer them on the road rather than in the garage in bits but a mate of mine had a BSA Barracuda that I had the pleasure of riding a couple of times , I love the old British thumpers but wouldn't own one.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Hehe .. true .. and must be starting to get senile here as forgot to mention the old indians .. back in early 70's rode cross the u.s on an old norton was a fun trip ..

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
After forty years and a dozen murdercycles I am a confirmed EBiker now.

The EHarley looks interesting.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Aside from a BMW I would take the Jap stuff . I had a 1986 VMAX ..It was a scary bike for the first month . a reply to: gortex

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Not familiar with the BSA Barracuda . I am not sure what model it was I tried ,maybe a lightning but the BSA seemed to be a lot smother then the other bikes of it's era .Except the Victor model .That was a wanky thumper . a reply to: gortex

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I hope they sell them by the millions. In my younger days I liked and had loud pipes on my cars and bikes. But these days, I've learned that my desires to alert the whole world to my passing was really more of an ego thing. This modern argument that you should blast the ears of all within miles for reasons of safety is self-serving at the expense of others.

Is Mrs. Jones coming down the road toward you from her shopping at Walmart going to hear you coming from the opposite direction and therefore not turn across your path? I don't think so.

Strong headlights do a far better job of alerting drivers to your presence than loud pipes sticking out behind you.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Never been a big fan of the HD, handling has always let it down, not very comfortable either for mine.
Just looking at this bike it compares with some Euro and Jap bikes, no pipes no bitumen scrapes, looks like its made to ride, not just sit on.
Like a silent bike rather than the look at me Harley growl

I like it, not keen on the black though.
Hope they put it on the road and they are reliable, I would consider one if it was in my price range.
edit on b2014Thu, 19 Jun 2014 11:15:17 -050063020144am302014-06-19T11:15:17-05:00 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

But these days, I've learned that my desires to alert the whole world to my passing was really more of an ego thing.

Nailed it, Aliensun.

If loud pipes were for safety, why do they paint their 'Hogs' black and wear cereal bowls for helmets?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Even though this is a 'blokey' thread.......I agree...that is sooooo wrong on so many levels!
Now slap a proper engine in it......

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

If you ever get a chance take a ride on a triumph rocket iii, very nice ride.

I think Harley Davidson is overrated.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Are you referring to the newer ones .I think I remember the trident from the 60's maybe early 70's but never did get a chance to try them .BSA had a triple if my memory serves me correct .I think the early Triumphs were a smooth running bike from what some of the guys said .The Norton and Harley's were the kings of shaking and vibrations though .I was constantly wrenching on mine .Heck my CZ 250 was smother then those were lol a reply to: thesaneone

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I had the 2010 and what a rush.

www.topspeed.com...

Also the bike was very smooth but my only problem was the bike was way to quiet my brother would laugh when I came around the corner he always said it sounded like a weed whip purring, but like any stock bike I changed the pipes.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Lets compare

The cool looking Harley

My bike, well not mine but the same model (be sure to crank up the speakers)

No contest

Cody

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Nice looking ride .That is a completely new designed engine from the old ones . a reply to: thesaneone

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join