It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joey Lomangino - of Garbandal Fame - has passed away

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: colbe

originally posted by: drivers1492
a reply to: FlyersFan

That's because he already has his new eyes in heaven........I expect pics of your keyboard please

Exactly!! Way to go drivers1492.

I had a feeling a certain "sister" would be putting up a new Garabandal thread and I was correct. Please, instead...

Have Faith dear people.

Then what exactly was the point of the children telling Joey he would regain his eyesight?

It's a well established belief that in heaven we are in perfect physical condition, free from any ailments. If he didn't get his eyesight back in this life, nothing miraculous has happened, we were just given a statement of the extremely obvious.

*** Which is pretty pointless ***

God doesn't break promises, so when a man dies before regaining his eyesight as promised, we know that either

a) The children lied

or even worse

b) They were under demonic possession

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

originally posted by: drivers1492

That's because he already has his new eyes in heaven........I expect pics of your keyboard please

Exactly!! Way to go drivers1492.

I had a feeling a certain "sister" would be putting up a new Garabandal thread and I was correct. Please, instead...

Have Faith dear people.

Then what exactly was the point of the children telling Joey he would regain his eyesight?

It's a well established belief that in heaven we are in perfect physical condition, free from any ailments. If he didn't get his eyesight back in this life, nothing miraculous has happened, we were just given a statement of the extremely obvious.

*** Which is pretty pointless ***

God doesn't break promises, so when a man dies before regaining his eyesight as promised, we know that either

a) The children lied

or even worse

b) They were under demonic possession

You left off most of my post....hmmm. Here is the part you omitted.

"You can read a wonderful piece on Joey, Garabandal, and the many questions regarding the apparitions on SpiritDaily.com

Most notable, at the end of his article is a feedback from one of his readers [Mark C. Lawrence, Hamilton, NJ] stating in short:

"In a book on Garabandal 'She Went in Haste to the Mountain,' towards the end of the book one of the visionaries said that just before the 'the Warning' someone very close to the Garabandal story will die, and many followers faith will be shaken in the apparition of Garabanda; Joey fits this prophecy. I know no one outside of the visionaries closer to the story of Garabandal than Joey! We are now at the doorstep of destiny! Keep the Faith!"

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: colbe

** Or**

Nothing will happen at all.

When everyone connected to Garabandal is dead and buried future generations will laugh at how gullible some people can be.

There's a prediction for ya

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

The supernatural events prophesied have not happened yet at either apparitions.

OH. MY. GOD. Colbe ... open your eyes ... The 'prophecies' of Garbandal are FALSE. They've been proven FALSE. Lomingino didn't get his 'new eyes' ... and the 'great miracle' didn't happen. He is DEAD. These will never happen.

Don't try to sell Church approved at the same time declare personally Medjugore is true.

Knock it off. I have not declared Medjugorje to be true. I don't have the authority to do any such thing. I have said that I THINK it'll be found to be true. But that's it.

Have Faith dear people.

Don't be STUPID dear people. NONE of the 'prophecies' of Garbandal are true. Not a single one. And Lomingino being dead is yet another to come and go.

It's ignorant to hang on to a hoax when it's been proven false.
Even the 'seers' themselves admitted it. I gave the quotes.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

towards the end of the book one of the visionaries said :

HERE is what the visionaries said later .... NO VISIONS FROM HEAVEN.

Garabandal

NO NEW EYES ... NO MIRACLE ... IT DIDN'T HAPPEN .... FAKE APPARITION -

On 19 March 1964, Conchita herself wrote him a letter containing these words: Dear Joey, today at the pines, in a locution, the Virgin Mary told me to tell you [...] that you will receive your new eyes on the day of the great Miracle.” [Ramón Pérez, Garabandal. Le Village parle, Résiac, Montsûrs, 1977, p. 45]

And here are the confessions that the Garbandal girls were telling lies and faking ...

...Conchita, who carelessly wrote in her diary in 1963: Sometimes [...] we acted as if we were seeing the Virgin and looked [above] until she arrived, in order to stay together. Then our fathers and people followed us. At the end the Virgin appeared. We never feigned entire ecstasies. [Diario de Conchita, Nuestra Señora del Carmen de Garabandal, New York, 1972, p. 61]

Also in 1961, on July 31, Conchita herself confessed that she had never seen the Madonna and signed a statement in Santander, before a physician, Dr. Pinal, who was appointed by Bishop Doroteo Fernández to question her [cf. R. Pérez, Garabandal. Le village parle, Résiac, 1977, p. 19 and Diario de Conchita, Nuestra Señora del Carmen de Garabandal, 1972, p. 47].

13 September 1962 Mari Cruz also said she had lied [cf. R. Pérez, Garabandal. Le village parle, Résiac, 1977, p. 24

On June 17, 1984 Mari Cruz released an interview with the main Spanish newspaper, El País (Mari Cruz, la testigo que nada vidio, signed by Victor Gijón). We read: "I've never seen the Virgin at the Pines or any celestial being." [...]

Mari Cruz, interviewed a few years later by Gabriel Carrión López, answered: I remember perfectly how Conchita, who always used to organize jokes, invented everything. She did it without bad intentions, but the situation became so complicated that we had to go on. [...] Do you believe that the Virgin Mary would do such stupid things? [...] [Gabriel Carrión López, El lado oscuro de María, Aguaclara, Alicante, 1992, pp. 106-107]

The girls admitted the lied. It's a hoax.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
If this man was promised new eyes as part of some prophecy or revelation, to claim that what was meant by that is that he will have new eyes in his perfected body after death is a horrible, desperate attempt to cling to what has been demonstrably proven to be false.

If someone is an adherent of this theory, it casts doubt on their discernment and any future seers/prophecy that they advocate for or support.

Cognitive dissonance can be a bitch.

Eric

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: EricD

Not only was this poor man promised 'new eyes', but he was also promised that it would happen when 'The Great Miracle' happened. A great miracle that everyone could see and in which many, many others would also be healed.

HE DIED. NEITHER HAPPENED.

This man dedicated his life to spreading a false apparition. He did so with full unquestioning faith in the hoax - like a few here have shown. What a waste of time and money. I feel so bad for him. What those girls did to him is criminal.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I thought to start a thread for Joe's death, instead I posted the news in one of my threads.

To make conclusion Garabandal is satanic is not the best conclusion one could do out of that news.

Prophecies have been delayed for reasons beyond our understanding. Including Fatima that should happen before the end of 20th century. In that way, both cardinal Ratzinger and St John Paul 2 were deluded, by releasing the part of the 3rd secret in Y2000. They were sure it was a done thing and ttherefore they released it ( a part of the secret). Pope Benedict in his later visit to Fatima said Fatima was not over yet. I.e. he changed his view in course of time after he realized despite all expectations the era of peace in 2000 didn't materialize.

If the number of the popes are the single biggest problem in Garabandal story, then pls notice Francis doesn't call himself very often "I am the pope the vicar of Christ", instead he prefers the title bishop of Rome. The same that Peter had, and not the other titles. Francis speaks like that: "brothers and sisters..." that is unusual for a pope that means father. He moves closer to the Orthodox view of Primus inter pares (en.wikipedia.org... Greek: Πρῶτος μεταξὺ ἴσων), and that is a good sign for the future of Christianity.

I don't see any contradiction with Garabandal story and the saying of the children of the number of future popes that should have ended by now. Similarly, we have St Malachi's list that ends with pope Francis. It is interpreted in all possible ways.

I don't see further any contradiction with a Great Warning that will likely match with the Miracle and will be very different in nature of what was expected in 1970s. As well as the expected era of peace that may take shape of completely unexpected reality. Not because the faithful cannot imagine it now if they utilize all available knowledge. But because they are reluctant to enlarge their horizons and prefer the outdated status quo. That's why to them it is spoken in images and symbols, because otherwise they would have rejected the message of heaven altogether. As the practise shows in public discussions online.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart
Prophecies have been delayed for reasons beyond our understanding.

They aren't 'delayed'. They are IMPOSSIBLE.

The 'inccorupt priest' is found to be corrupt in the grave.

Joey Lomingino is DEAD. He doesn't get new eyes and it didnt' happen on the day of the 'great miracle' with bunches of others being cured as well.

Being dead isn't a 'delay' ... it's a prophecy killer.

The 'prophecies' failed. And the Lomingino prophecy failing is HUGE.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Jesus was dead too, and resurrected. I know you know and believe that cornerstone of our faith. Jesus also resurrected Lazarus for a short term second life. Short but long enough for Lazarus to establish church as the first bishop of Lyon France, going there with Mary Magdalene and Martha his sisters.

Jesus is God so He can do that for other people too. I don't know if Joe or the priest or any other else will rise for temporal life soon. But that is a possibility. Jesus mandated to His disciples several things before He departed in cloud, and one of them was: "raise the dead". Not so many were risen by the apostles and even fewer by their successors. I remember of Paul giving back the soul of a boy who fell from the window. God can rise everyone. Including Peter if a successor is needed after Francis and our books have it closed on Malachi's list.

I will accept a resurrected Bible person if he comes, as the "blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord" that we proclaim in every holy mass. Is He Jesus? Why don't we say then "Blessed is Jesus who comes in the name of the Lord?" The name of the Lord is the name of Jesus. Vlessed is he who comes in the name of Lord Jesus. Who could be those persons?

Melchisedek (Dead Sea Scrolls books) Enoch, Elijah, (to be resurrected only after they first die) or those prophets resurrected at the crucifixion of Jesus. Or any other holy man or woman whom God chose to fulfill particular task in this temporal life, beyond the limits of his/her first mortal life that ended in sanctity. There are so many incorruptible bodies of saints, and God can resurrect everyone, not only the incorruptible ones. Do we really believe as strong as Martha and Maria Magdalene when Jesus raised Lazarus before schedule of final resurrection as the sisters expected?

We have to think above human horizon if we want to glimpse what is to come. Garabandal schedule, Fatima, (that both failed technically) or on God's schedule that might catch us by surprise any time from now on.

I use the moment to say again: none of my posts is "anti-catholic" or "anti-christian" as it became custom of less educated people to accuse me for the rich info I provided the threads with, info they didn't know or comprehend. It is easier to shoot at the messenger. I am not anti-catholic or anti-christian. Just the opposite. It i s not strange my views come closer and closer to those of pope Francis. I can say more, and I say it in other threads.
edit on 23-6-2014 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2014 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: colbe

No disrespect colbe but I was in no way serious. I do not believe in the slightest that joey has new eyes or is in heaven as I do not believe it exists. While I do find these kind of things fascinating, my comment was in jest.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

That .... he'll get new eyes when he rises from the grave ... doesn't fly. The intent of the 'prophecy' was that he'd get new eyes in this life and that he's see 'the great miracle' which would happen on that day, and tons of others would be healed at that time as well.

The prophecy failed.

Garbandal fails. Again.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

it is not either or question, it is not that simple. If it were, Fatima would be 100% fulfilled in Y2K and St JP2 would be right in his assessment of where we are at the timeline of world events.

I recommend the latest article of Spiritdaily on prophecies, Padre Pio and Garabandal. IRISHMAN WHO WAS IN PADRE PIO'S INNER CIRCLE RECOUNTS SAINT'S PROPHECY OF WORLD EVENTS spiritdaily.com...

If that source of Padre Pio is correct, the era of enlightenment (after the Great warning) should precede the Chastisement. Does it mean a mini-era of peace before the Chastisement, for years or for decades?

There are number of apparitions with initial wrong decision of bishops, including St Faustina's Divine Mercy now widely accepted. If it was not for JP2 the Divine Mercy would never go out of the limbo that some bishop put it at the time. Let be realistic and not fanatic in what is not dogma.

edit on 24-6-2014 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

I read spiritdaily often. But the fact is that's just Michael Browns interpretation of events and he always leans toward not ticking off his audience. Truth is truth ... Garabandal failed.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I remember your previous posts. Garabandal failed for you long before the death of Joe.

I prefer the analytic discussion of Great Warning that is predicted in many more apparitions besides Garabandal. Is it cancelled, or will it happen in a way unimaginable by the people at the time of apparitions? Because many of them speak in code and in secrets. Including ongoing apparitions like Medjugorje. Mirjana refused to comment on Great Warning. She could say No if it was No. Or she is forbidden to say even that. No wonder, if we don't comment fully even their known part because of fear of error. As we can see, cardinals and popes erred too on apparitions. Is it a sin to say that? Let me not repeat old posts.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart
I remember your previous posts. Garabandal failed for you long before the death of Joe.

It didn't 'fail for me' ... it just failed ... it failed on it's own decades ago.

I prefer the analytic discussion of Great Warning that is predicted in many more apparitions besides Garabandal.

That's fine. No problem. But Garbandal can't be part of the discussion because it's a proven hoax. There may indeed be a 'great warning' someday. But if there is, Garbandal won't have prophecied it. The Garabandal hoaxers would have just repeated what they heard from other prophecies and incorporated it into their own hoax.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

does it mean the thread is done with, or you would like to enlarge it and discuss all aspects? Not only the fact of Joey's death and the immediate consequences to Garabandal followers? Let also notice that G. followers are usually followers of most if not all other popular apparitions.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I said in another thread that Great Warning could not happen this year after a certain date, if this year is the year of the Chastisement, and therefore it has been cancelled.

If however there is a larger period before Chastisement,a period of enlightenment as the disciple of ST Pio talks about (ref. Spiritdaily article above), then there is enough time for Great Warning kind of event. It is logical to happen within the generation that witnessed those messages and saints, otherwise it runs irrelevant for most people.

Seems Vladimir Putin is not so fast to make WW3 either. (WW3 being part of chastisement as some say, or not).
Interfax.com writes today: "Putin glad Russian army was not used in Ukraine".

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
For those who bring up Padre Pio ... what an eyewitness to Padre Pios Garbandal statements says ...

HERE

Enright says he asked Pio through Pyle about alleged apparitions that were occurring at the time in north-central Spain in a mountain hamlet called Garabandal, which has been in the spotlight of late due to the death of a man who was closely affiliated with it. "She said he (Padre Pio) approved of it," Enright told Spirit Daily. "That was in 1961. When I went back and asked in 1963 about Garabandal, she (Pyle) said Padre Pio said that Satan had entered Garabandal. Pyle was emphatic about Garabandal."

Concerns about possible diabolical infiltration have been expressed elsewhere through the years, including by the mother of seer Conchita Gonzalez. Enright questioned certain prophecies from the apparition, including one to do with a priest who was supposed to be incorrupt but during a later reburial was found to be in a skeletal state. He asserts that when one of the seers traveled to San Giovanni Rotundo, she received a general blessing with others but later, when brought before Pio by a Spanish priest for a personal blessing, was denied for reasons that Pio never revealed. "They surmised it was because her skirt was a bit above the knees," Enright claims. It is impossible to confirm or dismiss such assertions. He also said there have been errant reports that a cloth or veil placed over Pio's face upon death had been given to the seer at Pio's request. "There were four cloths," says Enright, who kept close contact with those at the monastery. "They were like handkerchiefs. It was a priest who cut off a piece of one and gave it to the seer. There are just many, many errors in what has been written about Garabandal and Padre Pio

And then there is this ...

"It was definitely real. He [Padre Pio] believed the Blessed Mother was (initially) appearing there."

Padre Pio INITIALLY believed that Mary was in Garbandal. He then changed his mind. The statement at the end of the article quotes a site that claims the superior of Padre Pio stated he met with a Garbandal 'seer' and that Pio always approved of Garabandal. We know now that is not true.

Padre Pio was a human who made mistakes like everyone else. He started out believing in Garabandal. He made a mistake. He changed his mind. No matter what Padre Pio thought ... pro or con ... the CHURCH has final say. And the CHURCH has, 8 times, not declared it to be of supernatural origin.

I believe it to be supernatural ... demonic. And apparently Padre Pio also came to that conclusion. Now all we have to do is wait for the church to make the statement. I don't know what is motivating the church to continue to withhold that .... perhaps some politics and financial issues. The Garabandal 'apparitions' are a money maker for Spain. If the church puts the breaks on it, then the money will dry up. Corruption could be holding back the final 'condemned' pronouncement'. That's my opinion. I'd bet a box of donuts on it.

BOTTOM LINE - The incorruptable priest is corrupt in the grave. Lomingino is dead and never got 'new eyes' and the 'great miracle' didn't happen. The 'prophecies' failed. Combined with the fact that the girls admitted the hoax ... this kills Garabandal. Now the church has to officially declare it fake and suck up the $$$ loss from pilgrimages to Spain.

edit on 6/25/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
"Joey will see the day of the miracle." WRONG. He died without new eyes and no 'great miracle' happened.

"There will be only 3, no 4 more popes, then NO MORE." - WRONG

"Father Luis body to be found incorrupt after the miracle.” WRONG. He's corrupt in the grave.

"Padre Pio will see the miracle." WRONG. He died. People can claim all they want that he saw a miracle on his deathbed. But the spirit of the prophecy failed.

"Father Ramon Andreu's two other brothers Marcelino and Alejandro would live to see the Miracle at Garabandal." WRONG - They both died. The did not live to see a great miracle.

Deuteronomy 18:22 "when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word which the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously."

Promoting Garbandal is working against GOD. - 2 Corinthians 11 And what I do I will continue to do, in order to undermine the claim of those who would like to claim that in their boasted mission they work on the same terms as we do. For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is not strange if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds."

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join