It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Tether Experiment: detected enormous amount of Energy!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

The objects shown are close to the camera NOT next to or behind the tether also it's being shown the object with the NOTCH is caused by the lens design on the camera.

Out of focus highlights appear to change shape and opacity due to aperture of the camera an example here. Look at the shape and how it looks like something is inside the out of focus light watch till the end.

Here is a picture I took of the Moon with no stars showing. Exposure details 1/80 sec iso 100 f11

The shutter speed is to quick to show stars because f11 lets in very little light and iso 100 is a typical speed for dayight as the Moon is reflected sunlight

Here is a video (5 years ago) of stars with a modern mirrorless camera

Look at the first settings for video used on the camera 1/30 a second half mine but f 1.1 not 11 so way more light and iso 51200 way more sensitive.

The Astronauts wouldn't be aware of how settings/optics will make objects look also the ISS does regular water dunps etc.

Many of us on here are keen even pro photographers I have done this for a hobby for 40 years at the end of this year.

Many of us take pictures of the night sky.

Calling all Astrophotographers, all skill levels. Post your work.

So guess what we know what we are talking about

edit on 15-5-2019 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2019 by wmd_2008 because: info added

edit on 15-5-2019 by wmd_2008 because: spelling

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

The objects shown are close to the camera NOT next to or behind the tether also it's being shown the object with the NOTCH is caused by the lens design on the camera.

Out of focus highlights appear to change shape and opacity due to aperture of the camera an example here. Look at the shape and how it looks like something is inside the out of focus light watch till the end.

Here is a picture I took of the Moon with no stars showing. Exposure details 1/80 sec iso 100 f11

The shutter speed is to quick to show stars because f11 lets in very little light and iso 100 is a typical speed for dayight as the Moon is reflected sunlight

Here is a video (5 years ago) of stars with a modern mirrorless camera

Look at the first settings for video used on the camera 1/30 a second half mine but f 1.1 not 11 so way more light and iso 51200 way more sensitive.

The Astronauts wouldn't be aware of how settings/optics will make objects look also the ISS does regular water dunps etc.

Many of us on here are keen even pro photographers I have done this for a hobby for 40 years at the end of this year.

Many of us take pictures of the night sky.

Calling all Astrophotographers, all skill levels. Post your work.

So guess what we know what we are talking about

Well said, i was speaking more about pictures being taken when in space.
Like a astronaut working on the space station.

Ok that one object with the notch can be a camera effect.
But why would the astronaut say its debris that floats around them then?

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   
"But why would the astronaut say its debris that floats around them then? "

Because he could see it was close, and small?

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
"But why would the astronaut say its debris that floats around them then? "

Because he could see it was close, and small?

Right, I am interested in this small floating debris.
What is it made of?

Is it all over space?

Are some areas more congested with the debris like a body of water can be more dirty and others more clear?

Is the camera causing the debris to blink like that, see that one triangle looking object?

Debris seems to follow a consistency of travel and speed.
Not just moving around randomly.

Strange this is the only video of such debris in space.
I want pictures and more video.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
It seems most likely to be ice, dislodged from the Shuttle itself. Not sure, but it might come from ammonia coolant system.

Here's footage of similar debris during an STS mission. A few ice particles get blown off when a maneuvering thuster is fired briefly.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace
It seems most likely to be ice, dislodged from the Shuttle itself. Not sure, but it might come from ammonia coolant system.

Here's footage of similar debris during an STS mission. A few ice particles get blown off when a maneuvering thuster is fired briefly.

www.youtube.com...

Cool

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Space Shuttle water dump viewed from Earth

Water dump from payload bay cameras

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Space Shuttle water dump viewed from Earth

Water dump from payload bay cameras

Strange,

no asteroids ever in these backgrounds?

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Do you actually know what an Asteroid is

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Another bizarre feature of the shuttle-origin 'dandruff' [usually water ice] is that the particles can indeed change direction on their own, usually from air drag or unballanced sublimation push. The observed density is highly variable depending on shuttle activity, and on illumination conditions -- the best viewing is at sunrise with a dark Earth in the background [cameras were set up in that pointing orientation to search for sprites and elves lightning on the horizon]. And that happens to be when the most notorious 'shuttle UFO videos' actually occurred.

youtu.be...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join