It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Tether Experiment: detected enormous amount of Energy!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

These ideas have been around for decades, there are technical conferences about them, I'm sorry Arken got the idea it was all being hidden away because it hadn't come to his personal attention.

Can you please provide links and news conference about it, Your Majesty?

Why you, from your high altitude of "scholar", don't enlight us about these scientific discoveries?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Arken

Why you, from your high altitude of "scholar", don't enlight us about these scientific discoveries?

He did.
As have others. Really, it's nothing new. Those of us who were paying attention at the time were quite aware of the experiments and the theory behind them.

edit on 6/24/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Really, it's nothing new. Those of us who were paying attention at the time were quite aware of the experiments and the theory behind them.

Come down from your pedestal Phage, and mix with the ignorant crowd.

We all depend from your mouth...

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Arken

I'm with Phage & Jim on this one. It was news. I was really excited by these missions when they were occurring. I even got to discuss the tether design with Dr. Robert Forward (cofounder of Tethers Unlimited) over coffee. When the tethered satellite mission flew in the '90s, ephemeris data for ground viewing was available online.

Get off our pedestal? I could tell you to pull your head out of the sand, but the would be equally impolite.

Actually, Arken, you ought to check-out Forward's book Indistinguisha ble From Magic. He was a physicist with a great imagination. He actually figured-out how many science fiction concepts could be built using known physical principles. As far as he was concerned, if physics allowed it, everything else was, "...just an engineering problem." Great stuff!

Enjoy!

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arken

Really, it's nothing new. Those of us who were paying attention at the time were quite aware of the experiments and the theory behind them.

Come down from your pedestal Phage, and mix with the ignorant crowd.

We all depend from your mouth...

Now Arken if someone posted a reply like this to YOU and the one YOU posted before that YOU would complain to a mod wouldn't YOU!!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arken

Can you please provide links and news conference about it, Your Majesty?

I am not the cause of your obdurate, defiant unawareness.

Nor am I the cure.

The awareness-blocking attitude is in your head and only you have the password.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I was lucky enough to have seen the space tether before it was loaded on the space shuttle. Apparently all the power it harnessed may have caused the tether to snap.

I believe the theory behind it was something like since the Earth is a giant(however weak) magnet, then an object in orbit can create electricity by simply having the right tools.

Despite the tether snapping, the experiment was regarded as a success.

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
UFOs will just take it again.

In all seriousness what interesting video and experiment the space tether was

If they were doing that in 96, they have to be messing some big stuff these days...when its quiet like this you know # is going down

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

In all seriousness what interesting video and experiment the space tether was

If they were doing that in 96, they have to be messing some big stuff these days...when its quiet like this you know # is going down

posted on May, 7 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

On the tether mission, approx how soon after the tether broke do you think the swarm of dots showed up in response?

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   

On the tether mission, approx how soon after the tether broke do you think the swarm of dots showed up in response?

Did you really just write that question then not expand just a little .

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

You don't appreciate the Socratic method?

(see what I did there?)

edit on 5/8/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Would it be an example of a socratic method if swarms of dots actually turned up .And lets face it , if they did Jim would be the kind of person who would be in the know .

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

I don't think they showed up. they were lways there.
The video made space look like the ocean

Zoom in close enough and space is filled with debris and organism floating around.

Much more congested with asteroids and debris then the black background evryone is use to.

When asked about the stuff moving around, the astronaut tells the reporter. Its debris that always floats around us.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Debris yes it's not Asteroids or organisms

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Debris yes it's not Asteroids or organisms

And what is this debris made of?

And why do cameras still show a completely black background when any image of space is shown.

Seems very messy up there.

Astronaut tells reporter who asks what the hell is that stuff floating around and he responds its debris that always floats around us...

I guess the camera making those images is false or the astronaut would have said it's the camera

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I suggest you learn a little about cameras & optics.

Do you think Astronauts are photography/ camera experts.

When you talk about cameras showing black space post a link or an example of what you mean.

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

I suggest you learn a little about cameras & optics.

Do you think Astronauts are photography/ camera experts.

When you talk about cameras showing black space post a link or an example of what you mean.

The debris in the tether experiment is never shown..
And you never told me what the debris is made of if not asteroid rock.
99% of every space picture shows the. Background 100 percent black or maybe a planet.
What does astronauts being camera experts have to do with anything.

The astronaut speaking to the reporter was speaking about the debris floating around like it was very common.

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Would it be an example of a socratic method if swarms of dots actually turned up .And lets face it , if they did Jim would be the kind of person who would be in the know .

SOCRATIC

Specifically
Overriding
Conclusions
Requiring
Answers.
That
Indicates
'COPOUT'

My regards Hutchy

Bally

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 04:09 AM
link   

99% of every space picture shows the. Background 100 percent black or maybe a planet.

Not this nonsense again.

Ask yourself for a moment why we only see stars at night and not during daylight. The stars are still there during daytime. They don't just magically disappear. Why can't we see them?

Could it be that they are maybe outshined by the sunlight?

Now apply the same thought to space. Does the space photo contain a brightly lit object? If it does, this object will outshine the stars in the background by a large magnitude. In technical language you have to choose the exposure of the film/sensor to capture either the lit object or the stars.

If there are no brightly lit objects, you can increase the exposure (that is what your eyes do at night too) and the stars will be clearly visible.

There are plenty of pictures/videos of stars seen from space btw. So the 99% is just your bias speaking.
iss view stars
edit on 10-5-2019 by moebius because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join