It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alcatraz Ghost Woman

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Did you look at the link I posted? The ghost woman looks very much like the pictures they have on the wall in the visitors area

ETA I am very much a believer in the paranormal, I just don't think this is an instance of a ghost though. I actually read this article a few days ago and deliberated about posting it, but so many people who have visited Alcatraz claimed the image is the same as one of the posters on the wall, that I decided not to, as it certainly seemed not to be paranormal imo

edit on 21-6-2014 by destination now because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: destination now

Yes, I did look at your link. I'm not saying the photo is paranormal in nature, I'm saying I find the explanation provided in your link to be a weak one, and quite unlikely.

Edit to clarify:

IF it's a picture, it is right up close to the glass, and not on the far wall, which would mean this is a hoax. I'm open to that possibility, but the perspective isn't right for this to be a picture on the far wall.
edit on 21-6-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

Yes, I did look at your link. I'm not saying the photo is paranormal in nature, I'm saying I find the explanation provided in your link to be a weak one, and quite unlikely.

How is the explanation weak? Many visitors to Alcatraz have seen this image on a poster on the wall in the visitors area, that makes it a rather strong explanation in my opinion and if the photo is not paranormal in nature, then it's clearly something else, either a real person in the visitors area, photographed through the glass, or it's a picture on the wall, photographed through the glass, I really can't see many other explanations.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: destination now

How is the explanation weak? Many visitors to Alcatraz have seen this image on a poster on the wall in the visitors area, that makes it a rather strong explanation in my opinion and if the photo is not paranormal in nature, then it's clearly something else, either a real person in the visitors area, photographed through the glass, or it's a picture on the wall, photographed through the glass, I really can't see many other explanations.

a couple of reasons:

1) If it's a real person on the other side of the glass, then the witness is lying (they claim there was nobody else there). Also, the image looks black and white, even transparent, and seems to be blurry and lacking color. Doesn't look like a solid person at all. It also appears to be a woman from the 30's or 40's judging by the hairstyle.

2) If it's a picture, the perspective is all wrong for it to be on the opposite side of the wall. Look at the bars that traverse the wall to the left (on the other side of the door). There is quite a bit of space between the glass/door in the foreground, and the far wall opposite the cell that the picture was taken in. There is no way that is a picture on the far wall. IF it's a picture, it would have to be right outside the window, placed there intentionally. That is certainly a possibility I remain open to, but there is no way it's on the far wall. The figure is too close to the cell door.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Here is what I mean, hopefully it helps illustrate what I am trying to say about the perspective being wrong for it to be a picture on the far wall:

Original:

So basically, if it's a picture (and that is certainly a possibility), it has to be quite close to the cell window. Almost right up against it, as if placed intentionally, and not on the far wall.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: destination now

a couple of reasons:

1) If it's a real person on the other side of the glass, then the witness is lying (they claim there was nobody else there). Also, the image looks black and white, and seems to be blurry and lacking color. Doesn't look like a solid person at all. It also appears to be a woman from the 30's or 40's judging by the hairstyle.

2) If it's a picture, the perspective is all wrong for it to be on the opposite side of the wall. Look at the bars that traverse the wall to the left (on the other side of the door). There is quite a bit of space between the glass/door in the foreground, and the far wall opposite the cell that the picture was taken in. There is no way that is a picture on the far wall. IF it's a picture, it would have to be right outside the window, placed there intentionally. That is certainly a possibility I remain open to, but there is no way it's on the far wall. The figure is too close to the cell door.

Sadly, witnesses lie quite a lot, for any number of reasons. Sometimes they're not even lying deliberately, they are just mistaken, in that they thought no one was there, they were wrong.

As for the perspective, I do agree it looks odd, but who is to say that they didn't take a picture through the empty window, then take a picture of the poster on the wall, then put them together. That of course takes us back to dishonesty on the part of the people who took the photo.

The image is just too similar to the pictures on the wall in the visitor area in my opinion, to be dismissed as "not possible" from a perspective point of view. Very strange that a ghost would show up, who just happens to have her picture on the wall of the area she was seen in and photographed.

I do agree that when I first saw it I was intrigued, but then when I read a bit more about it, I was far less convinced to the point that I really don't think it is the image of a ghost.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I don't see the same woman on the pictures on the wall in your link. Could you post a picture of which one you think matches the image from the original? They don't look the same to me (unless I am missing another image somewhere)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This is the only one I could find in your link, and none of them seem to match the woman in the original:

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

This is the only one I could find in your link, and none of them seem to match the woman in the original:

It's difficult to see the ones at the end, that was just an image someone submitted to the site I linked to prove the images were indeed on the wall. But you have to agree that the style of the images, colouring etc is identical to the "ghost" woman in the picture

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Yes, I do see the resemblance as far as color goes, but again, the perspective in the picture doesn't match up. I think if it's a picture, it's close to the door and we can label this a hoax, because it would have had to have been placed there intentionally.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

It very possibly is deliberate, which is a shame, I really do believe in the paranormal, and have seen a few pictures that I would class as genuine, or at least very interesting, so I find it very annoying when people fake things or deliberately mislead, just for notoriety, or worse, for financial gain, it puts the whole paranormal investigation field into disrepute, which is very disappointing.

I'm glad you posted the pic though, because it's been doing the rounds everywhere this now, so I'm glad that it's had exposure on ATS

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The woman/ghost/photoshopped human does NOT have a uni brow - She's clearly wearing glasses.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I think you both have some very legitimate points. That there are pictures at Alcatraz bring into serious question what could be in that photo. however, deadseraph, you're right in that the picture would have to be RIGHT upto the window and would have to be pretty large at that. let me offer some viewpoints that haven't been expressed yet.

There is a photo shown here that shows the window without the ghost woman present. www.dailymail.co.uk... ation-block.html

Assuming this is real and undoctored, notice the cell bars on the left. They match. Great. But now notice the divot on the wall that seems to turn a little bit and keep going. This ALSO matches. considering this divot is directly next to the woman and there is no noticeable line to indicate a picture, this eliminates that possibility.

To even further elminate the possibility of a photo mistaken for a ghost, see this article: www.dailystar.co.uk...

Assuming the information is true and the people who work there today don't recognize the woman either, it appears that the photo explanation simply doesn't work. Surely they would recognize the woman as one of those pictures instantly, correct?

It seems to be then to leave only two possibilities. 1. It is real. Or 2. It was photoshopped. There isn't a way to know really but a good way to get an idea is to consider what someone would have to gain by faking it. Clearly she doesn't own Alcatraz so she's not looking to increase tourism dollars. She's appeared in a few newspaper articles.. So is she looking for fame? Maybe.. But her twitter certainly doesn't give that impression.

Time will tell perhaps... But to me this has yet to be debunked. But it sure seems like the photo on the wall is already debunked.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

It's obviously clearly Michael Jackson, and the thing at the side is a microphone : )

"It's close to midnight and something evil's lurking in the dark
Under the moonlight you see a sight that almost stops your heart
You try to scream but terror takes the sound before you make it
You start to freeze as horror looks you right between the eyes,
You're paralyzed

'Cause this is thriller, thriller night
And no one's gonna save you from the beast about to strike
You know it's thriller, thriller night
You're fighting for your life inside a killer, thriller tonight"

Ok seriously, it's either a reflection or a real ghost. Still not sure what the thing on the side is.
edit on 6/22/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join