It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefighter chases dog and both are missing 411?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Andrew Pryor, who spoke on behalf of Byars, said Byars knew he couldn’t find Herdman on his own, so he went to get help.

“He left a pack full of supplies for Mike behind and began walking out of the creek. In doing so, he became confused, disoriented and lost himself

Link

Looks like the reporting is changing. He didn't search two days, he thought help was needed, but he was lost on his way out.

I keep forgetting the net is filled with 'journalists' writing what ever sounds good or is quick.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JackofBlades

I haven't clear info of where it was left or said to be found. These are crack reporters so even though reported found, no one knows and can allow it to be written.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Good posts, and a very telling glimpse into the media circus. Y'know, I've read a few older news stories while researching some of Paulides' cases, and I have to say we've really forgotten how to report. Conjecture, exaggeration, spin...there was none of that in the older papers when it came to current events. Sure, it was still in politics, but crimes, ,tragedies... they weren't sensationalised. They were reported!

And thanks for clearing up about the pack. I'm really beginning to doubt there was actually a pack found. I mean, given the state of the press, a cop could have just picked up the bag and said, "Found the pack of supplies," which, it's not unrealistic to believe, led to this confusion.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Why is the information on this so sketchy?

Wouldn't it make sense for the authorities to post some accurate details so that others can get involved?

Having looked on google earth I can see the area is very large, but its quite open, so why not ask owners of radio control air craft to help, most flyers have camera's mounted to their models these days. A dozen rc flyers could cover many square miles of land in a couple of hours! My own rc helicopter has a downward looking cam that sends the pics back to my laptop so I'm sure there must be many fliers over there that have the same.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JackofBlades

The fisherman are said to have called the police and mention they found the supplies he left. I thought it was reported as a bag but it could have been the pack. But I would make sense for it to be near the camp or creek in case he returned.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Euphem

After reading all these replies I am still unsure about one part of the story. Maybe somebody who has spent more time looking into this can answer.

His friend said he ran off barefoot wearing just shorts and a t-shirt. How then did they find a missing backpack? I guess I just can't wrap my head around this unless whoever reported that left out certain details.

He was either wearing his backpack or he wasn't. Was his friend lying about that detail? If so, why?

the story I quoted earlier said that they were by the river setting up camp....and if he was barefoot why would he still have the pack on?..they reached the camping spot...you take off the pack...seems logical to me.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Maybe he is on to something. We should pray and wait... I hope he will turn out alive. But we can not mess with God's plans...

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I kinda have some experience of the wilderness when I was trying to have a holiday. I know if you walk very carefully, barefoot can be a nice shoe. I hope he is alive and well. But God knows.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: r4inmaker
I kinda have some experience of the wilderness when I was trying to have a holiday. I know if you walk very carefully, barefoot can be a nice shoe. I hope he is alive and well. But God knows.

I am talking about even the stings of plants on the ground won't harm you if you are very carefull and slow. I tried and it worked. I mean; cmon people there are guys who walks on coals... I hope that he is safe.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I am talking about even the stings of plants on the ground won't harm you if you are very carefull and slow. I tried and it worked. I mean; cmon people there are guys who walks on coals... I hope that he is safe.

If you are not afraid; you can walk in the wilderness like a honey badger.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

This back pack thing is clear first of all. The friend left it
to supply herdman. He left it on the trail next to his foot
prints.

Sadly it was never used. And even more sadly it points to
something happening to herdman that diabled him at the
very least. Now in this case being disabled means no food
or water coming to him. The rest is common sense. And
not good at all because being disabled could include many
variables. Every thing from being thunderbid prey to invisible
space dragons to nocturnal hairy giants that hide the entrance
to their caves under huge boulders. Not to mention the more
common reasons like mine shafts quick sand and foul play.
The fact is, hope is rapidly dwindling. And I'm going to pray
for this man NOW!

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Missmissie173
I have read the first Paulides book. It scared me. Really bad. I still don't know why.

a reply to JackofBlades

Originally Posted By: JackofBlades
And I can tell you why, Missmissie, and it's got nothing to do with the deaths, or the disappearances.
The reason why it scared you, is because of the reason why it scared me. The clear, indisputable sense of intelligence behind the disappearances. That, and the superhuman (and by that I don't mean faster than a speeding bullet. I mean significantly faster/stronger than us) abilities of the culprit. Without a doubt there is a thinking, sentient mind behind what is happening. A mind that is not like ours, and is taking our children, our siblings and our parents away from us.
nd that is truly terrifying.

Yes Jack, to all of the above. An eloquent summation of the feelings I get from these stories. Intelligent and IMHO evil.

Whether it is this latest disappearance case, or the past cases reported in Paulides' books, a general "fugue state" surrounds these investigations. The facts seem fuzzy or blurry or smeared around the edges...just out of reach.

Also, maybe I missed it, but did the searchers try taking any family members with them to call for the dog? As others have said, I think the dog is key to finding something to help this poor man.

God bless him and his family. So sad.

edit on Jun2317170623171723America/Chicago by Missmissie173 because: (no reason given)

edit on Jun3428280634282834America/Chicago by Missmissie173 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

alright, so i'm definitely a long time multiple owner, trainer when it comes to dogs. i know dogs. extremely well. the dog pictured in the news article is a chocolate lab.
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

Thanks for clearing that up for us, I had a legit question and you came up with a legit answer.......many thanks.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Missmissie173

The whole thing makes me want to drive up there and join the
search. But I wouldn't be lurking around the place at night,
especially after the way you just put it. Indeed terrifying.

edit on Rpm62114v29201400000052 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
shouldve found him by now, barefoot man running into woods won't go far looking for his dog, why did the dog run? Was it that spooked it would leave its master, was it an untrained puppy? The guy wouldn't have gone that far and with search and rescue think thermal imaging and helo's and ground patrol combing probably every bush. Something strange did happen I am sure whether it is unexplained as in 411 or not is yet to be revealed.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

It makes me want to stay in my car when in national parks.

When I was very young I was deathly afraid of the dark.
My parents relieved me of those fears. How odd it is to seemingly
have those fears reinforced, once again.

edit on Rpm62114v36201400000014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: CallmeRaskolnikov
alright, so i'm definitely a long time multiple owner, trainer when it comes to dogs. i know dogs. extremely well. the dog pictured in the news article is a chocolate lab.

Herdman's dog, a 50-pound Viszla named Duke

Link

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder

See above post

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
One thing that i am certain of is that if a man and a dog are seperated in the woods the dog always finds the man or returns back to the start. I heard that the dog was found but not the man so that says the man is gone if he is not nearby.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Thanks for that link and clarification, now can anyone tell us just how loyal and obedient these dogs are?
I believe this is a very important factor in the story told so far.

Thanks Roadgravel

Regards, Iwinder

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join