It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefighter chases dog and both are missing 411?

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt
I agree with this assessment, and recall the discussion.

If he died the night he 'disappeared' (which I believe to be most likely), the vultures should have been circling while Taylor Byars spent Saturday searching... Probably not circling Sunday afternoon/evening.
One/I would think, though, that if there was no circling/swarming by Sunday afternoon/evening or Monday morning-to-midday...that almost all of the predation would have been evidently performed by carrion (and, of course, insects, sun & weather).
I'm really going nowhere with that line of thought, except, I suppose, to sigh &/or huff again at the fact that such information was not made public...and, that we are likely never to see that information (if it exists in any report).

ETA: Likewise, though - it seems that ironing-out these details allows us to narrow the possibilities...such as 'time/date of death', and/or, it continues to allow for the 'out-there' proposals of 'portals' (and others we have considered, and others that we have not.

edit on 9/6/2015 by WanDash because: just eta

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Understood and the dropping is one of the things many of these cases probably have in common. Whether or not we're able to put feathers into the mix is the question eh?! Ha ha, this is a mystery of the first order and one the skeptical, "got it all figured out" crowd has thankfully kept themselves out of.

I appreciate your direction with the eagles and they would explain many things left to the imagination if they could be put at the scene by any of these "fishermen" or parents.

The portal theory will bend in almost any direction we might stretch it here as we just don't know enough about them to make accurate decisions. A time when the skeptical "know it all" crowd bends their ears and minds to alternate explanations for not just this mystery but many of them is fast approaching. How many will be honest enough to admit this will be something of a hurdle but the facts of these cases alone have kept them quiet because of the expertise involved in the searches. Search dogs and their trainers, LEO and search professionals all stumped and looking beyond the "dead from exposure" tag so readily used by those in charge. Many cheers

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: spookysully

Now lets go back the other direction.
No word from Dave.

As Rocky would say,
"Now here's something we hope you'll really like".

edit on Rpm91215v10201500000034 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Spookysully

In the lite of your Dogman sighting I would remind
people of the episode of monsterquest. And how all
of the eyewitnesses passed lie detecter tests.
edit on Rpm91215v26201500000003 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Dogman/Werewolf sightings

I completely understand the thought of creatures like this actually walking around being hard to accept for some but there are so many seeing them who come from a variety of backgrounds and professions that to dismiss it outright is as foolish as screaming Dogman every time someone disappears.

I've never claimed that is what's happening to all these people, only that there are creatures more than capable and possessing abilities so bizarre that we're divided on their existence, living just beyond our fences and backyards. Knowing and being left without a means of proving often defines frustration as most passing through this thread will only scoff. But then where does that leave us, dead from exposure again??

My nagging suspicion that there's a human element involved won't go away. Not to say I think any mass murdering, perpetually lucky psychopath is responsible but that I think a human element is monitoring and or ignoring what's going on. To what ends? I've no idea, just a persistent thought with all the evidences pointing in this direction. Its quite obvious that there's many more unexplained aspects than explained in these cases and people's fears and frustrations are mounting as nothing changes with the agencies tasked with volleying concerns. Again, dead from exposure. Next!

I'm looking forward to my return to the states and getting back out into the bush!
Cheers

edit on 03p20152015k1503000000SundaySunday by spookysully because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

Okay you guys, not just Wan but definitely at least Wan.
Forgive me if I don't recall this being brought up already.
But I was just recently struck by the thought of two grown
men. Firefighters, out in the boonies, with NO CELL PHONES?
If that is the case? This whole story loses a massive amount of
credibility for me.

How bout youse guys?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Yeah - that would be, at least, a little curious.
If they had cell phones...they might be of little-to-no-use much of the trip.
They would need/have to carry them in the backpacks, in waterproof containers, while hiking, going the route Herdman had mapped-out for them, as another person who had taken the 'hike' with Herdman said there were plenty of 'waters' to cross.
There is evidence, though, of utility lines strung through that area (if they are not utilities, the spire, et al, are looking more ominous)...and, one would think, there would/could be places accessible to Byars over the course of Saturday and whatever part of Sunday he was wandering through...

If they had Cell Phones - and Byars spent the remainder of the Friday night at the campsite...
Do you imagine he would have been 'calling out' from time to time?
Do you think he went to sleep from exhaustion...expecting Herdman & Duke to return...shortly?
In either case - when morning came, and no Herdman or Duke...how long before he decided to go looking for them...?
How long would he continue searching and calling...before realizing something had gone terribly wrong?
At that point...if it was me (in the described scenario)...I would turn my 'searching Herdman & Duke' to 'searching for a bar or two or three on my phone'.
How dense are we supposed to think Byars is?
If the story he told, is what happened (with no significant secrets, twists or stretches), and Byars is the kind of "expert" that will be rushing to our rescue/s, in times of dire need - - - my hopes of rescue look worse than a crapshoot.
Can you imagine lying on the floor of your home, siezed in cardiac arrest, and 'Byars' doesn't think to communicate with other experts for advice &/or assistance...til long after you are gone?

Again - that is if they had cell phones, handy.

If not - you kinda have to wonder "Who made that decision?".

edit on 9/17/2015 by WanDash because: italy's eyes

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Is it even practicle that no where in the whole story are cell phones
even mentioned? Just anything from even one credible source such as
they did have them but there was no reception? Which might be just
a horse of a different color to believe but, the way this whole thing
plays out. It seems like these two never even heard of such a thing.

Man something just isn't right at all here. There's reception just about
any where you go nowdays.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I agree with your sentiment.

I still travel through areas not too far from my home where reception is not a given.
I have the best provider (consistently strongest signals) for those areas, and it is often 'no service' for many miles...through, precisely, the kinds of terrain and landscape that emergency service might be appreciated.

All reference to 'phones' is absent from the published story.
We don't know how the fishermen contacted the authorities.
Don't know how Byars contacted the authorities.
And - as you point at - no mention of, or apologies for...Byars failure to contact authorities until...after he'd returned home.
It would seem that even if he had not taken the cell on the hike...it would have been in his vehicle...

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Defeats the purpose of having a cell phone to leave it at home.

The story and some common sense dictates that Byars didn't leave
a cell phone in his car.

I bet there's not a fireman in the U.S. that doesn't have a cell phone.

But that's what we have to believe because whether it can
be used or not a cell phone isn't hard at all to keep dry in a
back pack.

No one in the media at all asked about cell phones.

And the police didn't ask Byars anything about cell phones.

Nor did the police offer the public anything about cell phones.

Case sealed.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Defeats the purpose of having a cell phone to leave it at home.

That is kind of difficult to argue with.
Much less...as you note - Emergency Services personnel... ?
If it should be fresh on anyone's mind/s...I would guess EMTs stand somewhere near the top of the list.
...and...going into rugged back-country, where virtually every step of the way is at risk.
Wanna be a cowboy? Maybe that's how you do it... Leave one of your most important survival tools...at home.

Then again - maybe...after two days of search and escape Byars needed to talk to someone...first, before talking to the cops... ...and did not want such a call to show on his cell phone records.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I feel one hundred percent that what Byars told the cops is being covered
up. By the cops and that's why we haven't heard a word from Paulides here,
or on any radio show. And the very little on can am.com that went up at
the beginning of all this? I doubt was put there by Mr. Paulides. More likely
someone who works with him, keeping the site updated. He checks into it
after the fact and gets the word from his brothers in blue, ( different from
the forest service as far as he is concened ) not to mess things up for his
brothers. He complys out of respect and hasn't given the matter any thought
since. So the cops deflected Paulides. The cops have the case sealed.
The cops by way of the story they made up, have Byars forever over a barrel.
Even if he ever did decide to breath a word of the truth. And only end up in
the loony bin for his efforts at the most.

Now try and imagine what could of happened to cause that much to be reality?

This is going to be my conclusion with an admission. I've thought pretty hard
about grab'n a few friends and go'in out there. I could do it right now and be
out there by morning. But to go out there and wander around during the day
and turn around and scamper before night fall. Would really be non productive.
Call me a chicken # what have you, anybody, take you're shots, I understand.
I disagree but I do understand. See the place is on the cluster map and I would
be devastated to lead anybody, out some where and not bring them back.
Knowing all I know. It's not worth somebodys life, or mine, or devastating the
rest of what I have left. So I'm not go'in out there. I admit up until recently I
would've gone. But I don't think it would've been one of my sharpest moves.
I would bet a lot of money that Mr. Paulides knows more than what he's say'n
about the whole deal. He's leaving out everything that would make him sound
like just another nut. Pretty damn smart of him if you think about it.

All that said, I guess we just let Herdman and this story rest.

RIP Mike
edit on Ram92315v54201500000015 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Come on --- 'Randy'!
You get the last word?
It hasn't even had time to settle in your brain, yet.
Give it some time... Something will percolate up, from no-where, and slap you in the face.
It may only be a tiny piece (that feels like a ten-carat diamond)...

This is a good one to hold on-to.
Your grandkids may one day say - Grandpa knew it was Missing-411 before anyone else.

Agreed, otherwise.
RIP Mike Herdman

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

All right you snapped me out of it.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

You guys are funny. I would go but I'm on the other side of the planet for a while longer. I think you're on to something with the Paulides knows more than he's admitting angle but once again, we're left with nothing except another dead hiker.

What could it be? I think if Paulides is covering up or at the very least ignoring at the behest of LEO, we're left to speculate, grow weary of it and walk away. Convenient and empty with no recourse.

I'll wait for any additions to this post and I hope you guys have more to say. Cheers

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: spookysully

I would go but I'm on the other side of the planet

Just where the heck are you any ways?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

These cases that have no rational explanation ,
I believe , involve evil spirits that can incarnate
in many different forms .Straight outta hell
itself , they have supernatural powers that
will only ever be witnessed by the victims ,
.... and will never be caught .

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: radarloveguy

And I have a ton of respect for a your train of thought.
I absolutely discretely agree.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I've been living in SE Asia for about 4 years now. Difficult to find certain things readily available in the states and easier to find others it seems. The topic of vanishing humans hasn't reached this far east nearly as much as in the states yet so when I bring it up, I'm greeted with only blank stares and disbelief. Part of my reason for wanting to join your discussions here! Surprisingly, talk of the Manute Ma Pa or Dogman isn't so easily dismissed here for some reason...

Ha ha! Learning other cultures, languages and customs as well as changing up the mundane is what I was looking for and found it, along with more amazingly beautiful girls and huge smiles than I can count on an average day. Cheers

edit on 45p20152015k1545000000FridayFriday by spookysully because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

This thread by JKRog www.abovetopsecret.com...
The Underground Empire , may hold some clues

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69 >>

join