It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefighter chases dog and both are missing 411?

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Tsurugi
I don't know what to say, Tsurugi.
"Fishermen" across multiple mysterious-circumstance disappearances (&/or deaths)...

Is there a chance I could understand the fishermen 'not' chasing after the child - without said fishermen being 'planted' in the story...?
Sure.
I'm sure there are numerous scenarios that could stand up to scrutiny.
One such - They assumed...that he was with someone.
Unless he looked &/or sounded distressed, many of the rest of us might have assumed the same.

I don't understand why law enforcement would wait, though, to deliver this information to the family &/or public.

Do you know if the identities of the fishermen in Jaryd's case, or the fishermen in Herdman's case were ever made public?

I have searched many published stories, tales and reports on the Herdman case, looking for anything more on the fishermen, and have returned empty-handed.

It is pretty interesting that they can declare the case closed, with No Foul Play suspected, and yet...seal it.

Maybe the seal is to protect the identities of the fishermen... (?)
That's how loopy this story seems be written.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

I agree that there is not necessarily anything implausible about the fishermen in the Atadero case(unlike the Herdman case, where the fishermen perform all sorts of implausible actions). But there are plenty of other implausibilities in the Atadero case--including many suspicious actions taken by the officials in charge of the search--that warrants a careful examination of the entirety of the case.

And, when considered in conjunction with the role the "fishermen" in the Herdman case seem to play, helping close a gap in the story and allowing for Byars to appear as a victim rather than a suspect...I wondered if the fishermen in the Atadero case served a similar function.
Meaning, they were inserted into the story in order to support the official narrative. In the Herdman case, that Byars was lost and confused. In the Atadero case, that little Jaryd walked alone on the trail for miles, and there were bears nearby.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Tsurugi,
Considering your concerns with The Authorities' treatment of the Atadero case...I have only a passing familiarity with the case, and can't read between the lines of your suspicions well enough to comment from so far a distance.

If "The Authorities" are using "fishermen" as a matter of course in mysterious disappearances in the nation's forests & parks - one would wonder where such a ploy would have derived...and why?
I know that, at least, in part, Paulides is investigating the same...

But - what makes the child important enough to cover up?

If they're covering for their own incompetence... That is, at least, understandable.

If they are covering for some Top secret that is more important than un-warned innocents playing in the National Lands...what kind of 'secret' must it be?

"National Security"?
Did we find tunnels from China...?
Alien bases?

Fictitious Interview-
Interviewer: "Mr./Ms. Authority, is the story about the fishermen verified?"
Mr. Authority: "We verified their story, if that is what you mean."
Interviewer: "And, by verifying their story, you determined that they were reliable sources?"
Mr. Authority: "Their story matched the evidence."
Interviewer: "Did they request anonymity?"
Mr. Authority: " ... "
Interviewer: "Did you get their names and contact information?"
Mr. Authority: " ... "

What turns these Super LEO's into bumbling fools with regards to these cases?
Is someone keeping a close eye on any such cases surfacing...and stepping in with instructions from above - "Put a lid on it." - then, giving instructions on how to turn the story into a tangled mess...so it looks like 'typical' LEO incompetence... ?

I like your angle!

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I logged on the web just this morning checked my e-mail
and it seems odd now, but there was a message from one of
the media sites comment sections. Where I'd left a previous message
months ago. Clicked that on that puppy right now. I think it may be
just a chick that wanted to argue. But I left quite an extensive
explanation for my opener.

Then I scroll down the RP page a few minutes ago and see my thread.
Twice in one day after months of silence?
NaaaaaH I'm not do'in that!

But that's cool you guys are at it again. And like Wan I'm fine tuned
to anything I hear in a muddled crowed or barely catch a glimpse of.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

What a co-wink-e-dink (not!) that I just happened to think of this strange case today and y'all are actually back at it!

This may be an insane idea, but because of the very rugged terrain and the difficult logistics of getting a "scouting" party together, has anyone considered using a drone to check out things like the "spire" and camp?

Maybe crazy but than so is this story.

I hope that you guys don't go away again.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Missmissie173
It is illegal to fly/use a drone in National Parks... They, supposedly, had to get permission to use drones in the S&R for Herdman, last year.
I continue to hope to make the trip.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
This continues to be one of the most interesting threads I've followed here - in fact, it might have been one of the few threads I've ACTUALLY followed. All the work and effort you guys have put on this...
You have my respect, good people.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Say the word Wan say the word! But I won't even
entertain the thought of go'in out there on my own.

a reply to: LukeDAP

I was go'in over the thread a little bit today as well and
theres a lot of people who found time to be part of
this. So credit to the obvious members but
some good contributions also just show up out of no
.where. The timing of the story was good also with
Paulidas still fresh in the minds of our members.

edit on Ram81515v29201500000013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: LukeDAP
This continues to be one of the most interesting threads I've followed here - in fact, it might have been one of the few threads I've ACTUALLY followed. All the work and effort you guys have put on this...
You have my respect, good people.

Agreed. I have enjoyed this thread immensely, and read every comment.
I created a short cut even-months ago.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

Yes that sounds familiar, although when i was looking into the missing 411+ i found a multitude of websites with info on this. As an experienced outdoorsman myself the whole idea of going missing under such a specific set of circumstances is very disturbing. Goes to show that no matter what you could never be too careful, good planning can be the difference between life and death. Havent followed any of this recently, very strange happenings going on these days.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

What turns these Super LEO's into bumbling fools with regards to these cases?
Is someone keeping a close eye on any such cases surfacing...and stepping in with instructions from above - "Put a lid on it." - then, giving instructions on how to turn the story into a tangled mess...so it looks like 'typical' LEO incompetence... ?

Could be that, yes. Or perhaps the LEO's just want to "close" these high-strangeness cases with a false veneer of mundane answers; think of it as the missing person equivalent to "swamp gas" for UFOs. And what better device to use than anonymous "witnesses"?

Meanwhile, I've been carefully considering(read: speculating wildly) what could possibly be responsible for the Missing 411 type cases, trying to narrow down some characteristics. No one ever sees it(aside from its victims, that is), nor are there witnesses to the victims being taken, it doesn't leave tracks, doesn't get caught on infrared, doesn't leave a scent trail that dogs can follow, it seems to be able to get within snatching distance of its prey without being detected. It has a 100% sucess rate.

That's some serious ninja skills.

These implied stealth and camouflage abilities sound impossibly fantastic but are not unprecedented, as can be seen in ten seconds of the following video(starting from 0:09 and going to about 0:20)

Imagine something like that happening right next to you, deep in the wilderness of a National Forest.... :O

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

You're scaring the chidren amigo! And Randy too!

I actually feel it's down to us, because apparently those
close to herdman buy the OS. But something is out there
doing this obviously. And it seems the police want nothing to do
with it. So for me courage would be putting any fears aside
and hopefully get the tiniest bit more info by being out there
and aware.
edit on Rpm81715v07201500000022 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

You're scaring the children amigo! And Randy too!
Hell, I scared myself! I spend a lot of time in the boondock wilderness because of my job. There have been plenty of times when I've felt that unmistakable hair-raising sensation of "being watched", but after looking around and seeing nothing I was able to put it aside.

Not anymore!

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   

You know how that saying goes?

There has to be a rational explanation. In this case it's,
there can't be a rational explanation. A rational explanation
wouldn't fit.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

So we need to broaden the concept of what is "rational", then.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

"...Or perhaps the LEO's just want to "close" these high-strangeness cases with a false veneer of mundane answers; ...the missing person equivalent of "swamp gas" for UFOs..."

Maybe so.
It would be interesting to know of the first time this particular excuse was used in such cases...
Because - if we're talking about LEO's just hearing of another case where "anonymous fishermen" played vital/critical roles in establishing parameters of a case...and saying - "Hey. That's believable. Think I'm going to put it in my portfolio for such a time as needed" - then - one would think it would have been a fairly significant case -- (else, why the widespread use?).
If these (Herdman & Atadero) cases are the only instances where 'anonymous fishermen' (specifically) plugged that hole - then - your broader description of 'anonymous witnesses' might hold the truth with a little better grip.

Nonetheless, and in any case, anonymous witnesses that comprise a significant chunk of the story - especially when the story is already goofy - should not sit well with any real investigator/s.

'What' could be out there doing this...on a broad scale?
The octopus... Good points. I, earlier, suggested something along the lines of the alien jungle creature in the movie "Predator".

If, though, this (the Herdman case) was the work of a 'single' mystery-creature - the dog (Duke) becomes a greater mystery... (unless it was a large winged creature)

Thanks for the thoughts.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Hey Mates...funny I had been thinking about this case last week.
I still think the fishermen suspicious, Duke acting bizarre & I think
Byars knows A LOT! Wonder if he will ever crack?

I was really hoping there was new info available. Is the "Spire"
still there?

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

One hour and fortyfive minutes into the above
video, there is another mentioning of a fisherman.
And I believe there is one more for a total of four all
together.

The fishermen are symbolizing something and conveying
a message?

Why do I feel like Batman right now?
edit on Rpm81815v22201500000019 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Something else occurred to me.

If these things can shapeshift and camoflauge, it's possible they are the fishermen.

Would explain how the fishermen in the Herdman case located the camp so easily, and found the backpack....?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tsurugi

Something else occurred to me.

If these things can shapeshift and camoflauge, it's possible they are the fishermen.

Would explain how the fishermen in the Herdman case located the camp so easily, and found the backpack....?

Who are you?
Steven King, I would say that's the kind of thinking it's going to take
to finally crack the code. And if the code is cracked. It's over, jigs up
I mean.

new topics

top topics

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join