It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefighter chases dog and both are missing 411?

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
OK here's the one I had...it's on Amazon...

www.amazon.com...=pd_rhf_dp_p_img_1

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: RobinB022
Thank you, RobinB022
It made my day to know that it was a benefit to someone-else (You).
Long thread to go through. Pleased that you pushed through.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Ektar
Do you think there's any difference between the 1999 and 2001 versions?
I know they were supposed to be updated, yearly... Wonder if anything good was lost.
Looks like www.moon.com/outdoors might have purchased the rights to the "Foghorn Outdoors" series...
I've tried to see if there is anything/much regarding Los Padres, or, more specifically - the Sespe Wilderness area - via Google, in the editions available...to no avail.
Will continue trying - may have to break down and purchase one if no luck.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

Wow I was serious about every fishing hole mentioned & the detail I explained.
As you can see this author is amazing so I don't know to be honest about any updates.
Maybe can go by the reviews? I am not computer nor e-book or whatever savvy...I wish
I were so I could be of more help. I do know that book was so detailed that I am sure
the rest must be...I also had his camping or campground book too. It was just as detailed
but I never really looked at it since the fishing book was in such detail of fishing & it also
graded the campgrounds.
I was a trout fisher, I went to small streams & a few lakes...My favorite was the Low Sierras
because it was so close, only a 3 hr drive from the San Fernando Valley where I lived.

He has EVERY fishing hole listed as far as I know from the smallest & out of the way to the
largest. Hey no one knows of Cottonwood Creek. Try to find it, seriously, what kind of
campground is provided? What day to they stock fish? what kind of fish? What size of fish?
What is the catch rate? What grade A - F is the campground?
Actually this beauty spot has 5 fire rings, no toilets, nothing...but is a trail head to Mount Whitney.
It is 5 miles off a highway in the Owens Valley.

Just some feeders sorry mates I can't be much more help. I left Sept 2003.

Cheers
Ektar

I hope some one can get an on line version so you can see how detailed this author is...
He has won major awards....

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I did see a number of comments regarding both his Camping & Fishing books...and they each ditto your remarks.
I will continue looking...
Sincerest Thanks!

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Hey if you have time since you live there in the area maybe
you could go to the library & for that particular book or a bookstore
& see if they have this guys fishing books...kick back with some Java.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Foghorn Outdoors: California Fishing Paperback – February, 1999
by Tom Stienstra

Damn right I can do that. Ill start at Apple Valley
library's web site search engine and FAN-OUT from there.
I'll get my paws on one.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Thanks mate....even to just have a look. I am curious
as to how popular the fishing spot is....usually people
& especially fisherman are not going to make a long trek
if there aren't plentiful & good size catch.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Anyway from this I would say there's some pretty good
fly fishing in the Sespe creek.

Sespe Creek provides important spawning habitat for the endangered southern steelhead, which migrates from the Pacific Ocean, up the Santa Clara River, and into Sespe Creek to spawn.

source

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Wow mate in that specific area?

Sorry I'm late to follow up...I just moved on Monday in the bloody snow.
I have no internet until Friday...just checking in...

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: roadgravel

That link of yours makes most people who take to the outdoors
look really stupid. But I agree with it in every way. So lets take
what it says about a whistle for instance. That little idea could be
a world of difference.

Thanks for the link Gravel.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Foghorn Outdoors: California Fishing Paperback – February, 1999
by Tom Stienstra

Damn right I can do that. Ill start at Apple Valley
library's web site search engine and FAN-OUT from there.
I'll get my paws on one.

if your library doesn't have it, they can search other libraries and if found it can be sent to your library....I did that once

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Thanks research, I'll put that info on stand by. Cause the info I
did obtain during my search satisfied the quest for myself rather well.
Fair enough reason for fishermen to be there IMO.
Some great brain activity but fruitless unfortunately.
edit on Rpm22215v11201500000042 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Hey mate I am very thankful for your hard work...I am surprised that I had
never heard of that being a great fishing spot. I did trout fishing when I lived
in Southern CA...mostly the Low Sierras...trail head to MT Whitney.
Funny if I would have known that was a "trout hotspot" we would have gone there...
I left in Sept 2003.

Thank you for the thread & that we are ALL trying to pull the truth together!
Sorry to be abrupt but I am still moving things o storage & trash....

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Good luck n have fun with your new spot in the world Ektar.
The best we can do with this fiasco for now, is keep our ear
to the grouind.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Not much has happened in this thread lately i see
. I haven't been following this topic for a while. Any news on this firefighter case? And does anyone know the cause of death for Sherri Ahlbrandt that went missing last summer?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Skeletonized

I was just browsing through this thread also, i remember when this was in the news i had found a website that had a list of 411 type disapperances and the circumstances and current status. I want to say it had 411 in the .Com. Im pretty sure this site was talked about in this thread, it was awhile ago and can't remember exactly. A Google search will lead you to vast amounts of info on this subject. Im curious as to what happened with the firefighter, tho i seem to remember they found his body??? Maybe???

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: rustydog

yes he was found dead, 2 weeks after he disappeared....ktla.com...

posted as a reminder.....he chased barefoot after his dog....

Herdman was found partially covered by brush below a cliff in a location 1,200 feet above and three-quarters of a mile away from the spot on Sespe Creek where he was last seen, Dean said.

“It was obviously a long hike up very, very difficult terrain,” Dean said.

Searchers had ruled out looking in that area on foot because it seemed unlikely Herdman would have ventured that far up in elevation, Dean said.

“What are the chances that someone at night in bare feet and shorts would scale a 1,200-foot mountain?” Dean said. “The likelihood just wasn’t that high, so the search was focused in areas that there was a higher likelihood that he might be located.”

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

I realize this thread has been dead for a while, but I was just reading through it again and I had to comment.

The whole thing with the fishermen in this case has been bugging me. WanDash does an excellent job pulling that bit of the official story apart and exposing all the problems and weirdness with it....but those problems are not what has been bothering me.

What's bugging me is the fishermen in other Missing 411-type cases. For instance, the Jaryd Atadero case from northern Colorado(emphasis mine):

Nearly three days into the search, Allyn and Arlyn were on the highway listening to the news when they heard on the radio that Jaryd had approached a pair of fisherman on the river the day he vanished. Jaryd asked the men if there were bears in the area. The fisherman told them(sic) that there were not. Jaryd supposedly walked away. Yes, completely irrational of the fisherman to allow a three year old to walk away into the wilderness without adult supervision. But also unbelievable that the Larimer County Sheriff never told Allyn about this development and allowed them to hear it on the radio.

(Admittedly the above text is from Paulides' own site, but there are plenty of other sources confirming the presence of fishermen in the story....here, for instance.)

For some reason, given the details of the story quoted above as well as the oddities involved with the fishermen in the Herdman case, I get the idea that we might be looking at falsehoods inserted into the official story by...well, by the officials....?

Also, I'm fairly certain the Atadero case isn't the only Missing 411 case involving anonymous fishermen, but I can't remember any specifics. I'll have to read through the books again and see what I can find.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: rustydog
a reply to: Skeletonized

I was just browsing through this thread also, i remember when this was in the news i had found a website that had a list of 411 type disapperances and the circumstances and current status. I want to say it had 411 in the .Com. Im pretty sure this site was talked about in this thread, it was awhile ago and can't remember exactly. A Google search will lead you to vast amounts of info on this subject. Im curious as to what happened with the firefighter, tho i seem to remember they found his body??? Maybe???

are you talking about paulides site canam m issing project www.canammissing.com... go to current events and many stories to click on

new topics

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join