It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefighter chases dog and both are missing 411?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: evc1shop

I do concur evc. And I applaud your participation here.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I wonder if they have checked USGS maps for mines in the area. I read there is reclamation of some. Might give an idea of that possibility. I can imagine that the dangerous ones might not even be mapped.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

My heart goes out to his family at this most desperate hour.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Still no news on this man? I don't know what else to say, other than I cannot imagine how his family feel right now - this must be torturous for them. I keep checking your thread Randy, to see if he's been found, but this is starting to look really bad. I don't understand how he could have gone so far from his camp as to be 'unfindable'?
Either his friend isn't being completely honest/is mistaken (and that's a terrible thing to think, apologies to friend) or something very strange has happened.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Disappeared is definitely the right word

edit on Ram62114v38201400000026 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: Meldionne1

The two day search alone makes one wonder. After a day extra help would seem to be in order.

Agreed ...the story doesn't add up...and the guy ran off barefoot? Really ? ....who runs through the forest barefoot...you won't get very far.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I don't understand why he had his backpack on to chase his dog, but no shoes in a wilderness like that? Did I miss something?

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Gov't moves to ban drones in 400 national parks

BBC news site

SO they dont want you to look what they are hiding in the parks!
I think you all need to spend some time scanning the parks.
I am in uk, so I can not help.

just do fly overs and put in on a free cloud site.
then we can all take a look.
and if we see some thing we can have a second drone take a look.

some thing Even NASA can not do!

edit on 21-6-2014 by buddha because: aliens made me

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

I have trudged through the Olympics in my bare feet. I have also climbed some fairly high rocky areas in my bare feet. I find that I am more sure footed, and the traction is awesome.

To the member that was asking about the behavior of Duke the dog...the breed matters not when it comes to a good human companion. All dogs that bond with humans will stay with them no matter the circumstance. From the looks of the photos I have seen of Herdman and Duke I gather that they are very close companions, and have spent time together in the wilds.

The search should include members of the indigenous population, with an understanding of the spiritual and mythical history along with the secrets of the terrane.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
alright, so i'm definitely a long time multiple owner, trainer when it comes to dogs. i know dogs. extremely well. the dog pictured in the news article is a chocolate lab. i think that's fairly obvious even to most people. i actually also own a chocolate lab. they are the sweetest most loyal breed. so that rules out that it was a weimaraner, which are known for their high anxiety disposition for sure.

and this is not a murder case. the articles say that the firefighter left barefoot tracks. search and rescue has tracking dogs should in this instance be able to track the lost individual starting from his barefoot tracks. and it should be fairly easy for trackers even to follow the firefighters trail to where he is. this is the case the majority of the time in normal disappearances. but, why haven't either of those things turned up a body yet? alive or dead? why have infra drones, helicopters, search and rescue and tracking animals failed to turn anything up?

we don't know for sure yet, but this has the makings of a specific kind of missing person's case. a trend that has been occurring for a very long time in our national parks. with all of the methods search and rescue has it's not hard these days to turn up a body in the wilderness.

we'll have to wait and see what they report but, i wouldnt be surprised if they found his body in a place s&r already looked.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

Another excellent post. I swear it's as if the devil himself took
this guy.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

Some pertinent information there.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Great thread. Thx.

Where's the pic of his dog?

I get an error msg on the CBS etc. videos saying I need to install new flash player but it IS installed. Sigh.

Do you have a gut impression of what happened to him?

Did they find the dog again yet?

Has David Paulides been involved yet?

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

Great thread. Thx.

Where's the pic of his dog?

I get an error msg on the CBS etc. videos saying I need to install new flash player but it IS installed. Sigh.

Do you have a gut impression of what happened to him?

Did they find the dog again yet?

Has David Paulides been involved yet?

Hey Bo whats up ? I do have a gut impression. Sadly it is very
sinister indeed. And does not involve his partner in any way.
I must reserve any further speculations, tho you can get my drift
from previous posts.

Don't believe they've refound the dog.

No word from Paulides.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

this is a screenshot from the most recent article randy posted, it shows his chocolate lab in a personal photo of the family's.

david has posted a brief comment and a news article about this specific disappearance. so it has apparently caught his attention. and it's really no wonder why.

david paulide's site dealing with current and previous missing person's that fit his criteria is

David's CanAM Missing 411 (Current Events) Site

this is all he posted

6/17-A firefighter goes missing in a creekbed where he lost his dog. His friend searches and cannot locate him. This doesn't sound good.www.pasadenastarnews.com...

the dog has not been found again. it appears as if it didn't want to leave the site where it was discovered. since they had it in hand and it ran away from s&r.

first impression is this is not your everyday missing person in a national park.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Hi randyvs

An interesting thread.

Do you, or anyone else know the exact location of the camp? Be interesting if we could take a look via google maps!

As I mentioned earlier, the dog is key to this case.
I'd like to know why the dog ran off again. Did it appear to be frightened of people?
If so that would indicate it may have witnessed people fighting!
Was it afraid of the guy who was with the missing person?! Was he present when the dog was seen?

My own experience of dogs tells me the dog would seek humans when afraid, unless humans were the cause of it being afraid!

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

they think the reason the dog ran away again was because they found it with a helicopter and landed the copter too close or something. so they think it was spooked. dogs though can get into states where they get "spooked" by different things. and once they are in that state they will bolt regardless. meaning that they will unknowingly put themselves in further danger and not run to the safety of people in that state because they are in flight mode. it doesn't mean that the dog witnessed human to human aggressive behavior. but, it could mean that the dog did witness something. but, i can understand why you would think that about a fight, but the friend is not a suspect in anyway.

the dog was the firefighters. he was with his dog and a friend. when they came near a creek bed the dog started to bolt. at which point the firefighter missing ran to chase his dog leaving his friend behind.

and randy

its funny you say that about the devil. in a lot of these missing 411 cases, they happen near or in places named "the devils X" or "devil this or that". david speculates that these names could have been applied for a reason. because those places have a very long history of bad things happening to people who go there.
edit on 21-6-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

Mike Herdman, 36, a seven-year veteran of the fire department, and a fellow off-duty Arcadia firefighter paramedic, Taylor Byars, 27, a six-year veteran, went on a weekend hike in the Los Padres National Forest in Fillmore when the two were separated, Ventura County Sheriff’s Captain Luis Obregon said. “They had planned a hike for a couple days starting in the Dough Flat area into Tar Creek trail head,” Obregon said. The duo had a dog with them that got loose and Herdman began chasing it into the creek bed, he said. “(Byars) went after him and couldn’t find him.” “(Byars) searched for him and finally made his way back out to seek help,” Arcadia Fire Department Spokeswoman Beth Stogner said. Byars reported Herdman and the dog missing when he found his way back around 8:40 p.m. Sunday. The sheriff’s department immediately deployed an air crew to search for him, Obregon said. A 20-person search consisting of Search and Rescue, horses and deputies continued into Monday. Stogner said Arcadia Fire Department’s deputy fire chief, fire captain and a number of firefighters were in Fillmore participating in the search. “We will probably have people at the scene all night,” Obregon said. “The rescue will start again in the morning.” Foul play is not suspected, Obregon said.

edit on 21-6-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

Hi randyvs

An interesting thread.

Do you, or anyone else know the exact location of the camp? Be interesting if we could take a look via google maps!

As I mentioned earlier, the dog is key to this case.
I'd like to know why the dog ran off again. Did it appear to be frightened of people?
If so that would indicate it may have witnessed people fighting!
Was it afraid of the guy who was with the missing person?! Was he present when the dog was seen?

My own experience of dogs tells me the dog would seek humans when afraid, unless humans were the cause of it being afraid!

I am sad to report that everything is only speculative
as per cause and effect at this moment. It isn't easy to
catch everything going on here and still maintain the
resposibilities required by my own life. But other members
being on top of this is a great thing.

Keep up the great work my fellow members.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Yeah, that's where my 'sensings' tend toward as well.

Hmmmm . . . interesting that the dog has not been found again. I wonder how well the dog looked when it showed up.

BTW, you might find this thread of interest:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
From link in first post they say he went missing from Sespe wilderness.

From google maps.

If i've got the correct location? it seems very strange they cant locate a body using IR because its quite seems quite open landscape.

Is this the correct location?

edit on 21-6-2014 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join