It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefighter chases dog and both are missing 411?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

Damn dogs on a mission or what? Don't stick around
long enough to eat or anything.

I mean WTF?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth
a reply to: Witness2008

The dog has been found.

...and lost again.

I was just reading that. If they lose the dog someone needs to have a harmonica in their mouth. I trust dogs, and they need to rely on him to find his companion. I'm betting on the dog.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: roadgravel

Rattlers, there's a good point. We got the mohave
green where I'm at. And that sucker is deadly most of the
time. Not to sure how far north they go.

They can be found up there but not as commonly. They like it down in the sage covered flats or at least thats been my experience. They are however very deadly and if he was bitten yesterday then he will surly be daed today if it was a green mojave. Even if it was a regular rattler it would still surely leave him hanging by a thread if he hasn't had it treated by now. I hope they find this guy and his dog soon...generally in a case like this where he wouldn't logically have traveled far barefoot it doesnt bode well that he hasn't been found.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I just realised how I previously spelled Green Mohave. LMAO

edit on Rpm61914v522014u01 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I wonder what color his clothing and backpack were? Paulides mentions a strong connection with disappearence and brightly colored garments, also connections with water like creeks, and also proximity to Indian territory, and being with a dog. Wonder if the area he was in is also known by another name. I hope he is found alive and well, his doggy too!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I bet all eyes are on his friend at this moment!
And I bet his friend knows it.

The dog is the key. It was found then it ran off. Surely the drones. with the infrared imaging could pick up the dog?
Can Bloodhounds be told to follow the scent of another dog?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I was thinking, why did the dog run off?
Did he maybe smell something that tested his curiosity?

He could have very well led his master straight into a Black Bear or Mountain Lion...

The guy may have just been attacked and killed by some animal, fell and hit his head or maybe fell into a mine shaft.

I side with more logical explanations than he was abducted by aliens or some secret underground government base...

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
My thought was the dog saw an animal and ran after it. But if something happened with an animal close to camp I suspect he would have been found by now. A mine shaft might be hard to see anywhere.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
He may be at the bottom of an old mineshaft. Maybe a bear got him? Maybe a bigfootasaurus got him? IDK, but I'm betting on a mine shaft. Hope he gets out ok or someone finds him soon.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

When I initially read the article so did I. Then I read the heading again and sort of thought, "Huh?" The headline implies the backpack is found alongside (or at least nearby) the footprints.
And if the backpack was indeed at the camp, it's hardly been found has it? It's in the exact spot it was left at.

And I'm reluctant to believe this is animal attack. If he had run after his dog, and tripped over a cougar/bear/coyote there'd be noise. Animal attacks can be quick and quiet, but people rarely are. Unless he was killed in an instant, before he even knew it, he'd have screamed and his friend would have heard. In addition to this fact, animal attacks are probably some of the most messy, in terms of crime scenes. There'd be blood, signs of struggle, etc. And if I recall correctly, I'm sure most bears retreat from dogs don't they?

I'm hoping the guy is found alive and well, but I'm beginning to believe that if he's found at all it won't be such a happy ending.

Another missing person that will be swept under the rugs as either deceased or presumed deceased.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JackofBlades
It might have to do with the way and who wrote the article since that detail wasn't very clear.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
His friend killed him....and threw the body in a ditch...

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

The two day search alone makes one wonder. After a day extra help would seem to be in order.

edit on 6/19/2014 by roadgravel because: forgot the first day word

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
If he followed the dog...and the dog was after a significant predator...and he became victim of said predator (bear, cougar, etc...), I don't really see the dog returning unscathed. They will generally join in the fight, and quite often get the predator's attention & wrath, rather than standing at a distance, barking.
Or - that's been my experience.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
If he was barefoot, wouldn't the tracking dogs have a better chance to smell his trail?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

originally posted by: randyvs

Rattlers, there's a good point. We got the mohave
green where I'm at. And that sucker is deadly most of the
time. Not to sure how far north they go.

They can be found up there but not as commonly. They like it down in the sage covered flats or at least thats been my experience. They are however very deadly and if he was bitten yesterday then he will surly be daed today if it was a green mojave. Even if it was a regular rattler it would still surely leave him hanging by a thread if he hasn't had it treated by now. I hope they find this guy and his dog soon...generally in a case like this where he wouldn't logically have traveled far barefoot it doesnt bode well that he hasn't been found.

one of the searchers was bit by a rattler and sent to the hospital....some have mentioned maybe the missing man stumbled on to an illegal grow..dave paulides makes a really good point...when someone goes missing all these people (authorities) come to search, that is the last thing illegal growers want to deal with...to be found out...

this case is on his website under current events www.canammissing.com

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
Wouldn't a search and rescue be made easier if they had a few drones available. But then again people are do hell bent on saying drones are nothing but killing machines

If the area has heavy forest land then no, not really, and that is the case here.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
There are dogs trained for almost every contingency. Drugs, specific animal attacks, humans dead or alive, other dogs the list goes as far as a trainers imagination and any agencies ability to pay for it. On top of that, these animals are exemplary in their job and they really do live for the hunt. To imply that dogs are useless in this type of situation is ridiculous.

The flir camera's hopefully installed on the drones will, at the very least, give them a direction/area to start their search. One thing he has going for him is, the search and rescue operations in the US are second only to the Canadians IMHO and while the National Parks are no friend to the missing or their families after the initial search, I believe they're using everything at their disposal, at present to find this guy.

The dog "escaping" is a joke.
How did this happen?? Makes no sense to me.
I'm with all of you, I hope he's found but its not looking good with each passing day...

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: spookysully
On top of that, these animals are exemplary in their job and they really do live for the hunt. To imply that dogs are useless in this type of situation is ridiculous.

Precisely why there is no reason for the dogs to not track. As spooky says, dogs (in whatever field) live for what they do. Even if you've never seen a sniffer dog in action directly, you can find vids on YouTube of drug dogs, bomb dogs, etc etc all at work, and you can see how happy they are doing it. To them it's a huge game that usually results in treats, praise and affection. While the people are downhearted to find signs of a dead body, the dog is excited because he's done his job and will be rewarded.

a reply to: evc1shop

I assumed that initially too. I mean, running barefoot through such wild country you're bound to leave skin, blood and sweat directly on the environment. Whereas with shoes you're leaving a sort of "second-hand" smell I guess. There is no reason the dogs couldn't track him.

As for his friend killing him, again I'd have to say no. If he killed him at camp, dogs would have been all over that mess. If he'd been killed elsewhere we have to consider how far he could carry a corpse, probably while being hounded by the dog, in such rough terrain. And, if I imagine right, there's no way he could have killed him out of range of cadaver dogs.

The fact his dog has been seen well is worrying. There's no reason the dog would have left his master unless he was scared away from him, lost his master or he was deceased.

I'm hoping so much they find him alive and a little worse for wear. Mainly because it'll teach him not to go racing off barefoot in the middle of the woods!
But I'm honestly already expecting bad news. My thoughts are with his family.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
Wouldn't a search and rescue be made easier if they had a few drones available. But then again people are do hell bent on saying drones are nothing but killing machines

If the area has heavy forest land then no, not really, and that is the case here.

Left it too late to edit, it appears drones with IR may or already have been deployed. My mistake.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join