It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefighter chases dog and both are missing 411?

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: RUFFREADY

But not necessarily for sasquatch!

edit on Rpm70614v252014u21 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs sangabrielmnts.myfreeforum.org...

went back to check the other website...interesting snippet from a post on page 8 posted over there today

In the end you are right. Just because of the nature of this case real information in hard to come by. My friend from Fillmore told me that the case is still being treated as suspicious, but is being handled carefully, but even if the coworker is a POI it sounds like there is probably no hard evidence to go on. But we don't know what's truly going on behind the scenes.

edit on 6-7-2014 by research100 because: added sentence

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Funny how that at least makes some sense. But I
find it very odd that people on his memorial site,
are/seem/pretend to be, oblivious to the debacle.
That to me is another part of the phenomena.

edit on Rpm70614v26201400000035 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: research100
I guess one of the more frustrating aspects...for us...is no new information is going to change the outcome for Herdman.
Doesn't mean there's no reason to pursue or hope for the/an answer/s...but, unless the/an answer/s lead/s us to some mysterious or conspiratorial culprit, it will be a huge let down (except for those hoping to find that their early suspicions of foul play, initiated by Byars on account of a ménage a trois, or some other kind of lovers' passion), as - Herdman is still dead, and a little girl and wife and any other family...have lost someone who might/should have been around for many more years.

I can understand the case being treated...delicately...if the information that has come out...is the same as was presented/offered to law enforcement (by Byars and the fishermen)...

Generally - I take someone's word...until things don't add up.
I would think that Law Enforcement did the same, in this case.

After all - you give someone you work with, side by side in MANY cases...who, just as you (law enforcement), risks their lives in many of the same scenarios you are involved in/with...some degree/s of latitude that you might not give to Joe/Jane Blow (whom you don't know &/or are not familiar with)...telling an unverifiable tale...that ends in someone's death.

If Byars is innocent of any foul play that resulted in this 'tragedy' (and I hope he is!)...I would hope that he will come out with a more detailed explanation of the events...including the two-day hike that preceded Herdman's disappearance.

One would hope that he is not waiting for the best 'monetary reward' for such.........details.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs
People don't want to think.
You know that...
That's why you're here...!

I watch them...
They KNOW that...if you start questioning Official Story/Stories...Life starts getting...complicated.
So...unless or until they happen to be in a position to know "First Hand" that an Official Story is B'S'...it's a whole lot easier to accept the meme -
"CT's are a fringe (psychologically-challenged) group of society" (and a potentially-disruptive group, at that)...and...if you want to maintain your station/prospect in the ever improving/evolving arena of the progress of ManKind... ... ...keep your distance...
"Do not entertain...or consider...their stories, tales, arguments... .. ...
"After all - WHY would your (ANY) government lie to you...about something like......this...?"

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

An accurate synopsis of our reality my friend.

One would hope that he is not waiting for the best 'monetary reward' for such.........details.

If Byars ever even thinks about writing a book?
Concerning these events? I will have nothing but
disgust for him as a human being.

edit on Ram70714v312014u48 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

it's possible that sometime in the future Byar's testimony and more information about Herdman may be sent to or reviewed by a Federal agency. In that case the information would then be available via FOIA requests. But, until then I think we're going to be pretty much in the dark on this one.

They'll release the tox results in a couple months once this thing dies down. It'll be printed on page 10 in the newspaper in a four line blurb.

I couldn't see Byars being so callous as to write a tell all to make cash off his friends death. That would be highly suspect, but i really doubt that for the time being.

What sucks is we aren't going to get any other new information now that the body was found and identified. Like nothing about going back to scene to try and piece this all together.

It's as if nightcrawler from x-men grabbed this dude, teleported near the edge of the cliff and dropped him. and the dog went bonkers because it blew his mind. lol

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
new development i believe....

A memorial service was scheduled to be held on Wednesday morning for Mike Herdman, the Arcadia firefighter whose body was discovered two weeks after he disappeared while on a camping trip in the Los Padres National Forest. Herdman, 36, went missing on June 13 when he and a friend became separated while chasing his runaway dog Duke in the Sespe Wilderness area north of Fillmore. The firefighter’s disappearance prompted a massive search that included hundreds of volunteers who searched 50 square miles by air, ground and horseback. Eight days after Herdman went missing, his dog was found and authorities decided to scale back the search. Family photos show Mike Herdman with his wife and their daughter. He went missing June 13, 2014, during a camping trip in a remote area of the Sespe Wilderness. Family photos show Mike Herdman with his wife and their daughter. He went missing June 13, 2014, during a camping trip in a remote area of the Sespe Wilderness. Herdman’s body was discovered on June 27 in a rugged cliff area less than a mile away from where he had last been seen exactly two weeks earlier, according to the Ventura County Sheriff’s Office. He died from blunt force trauma, Armando Chavez with the Ventura County Medical Examiner’s Office said. His death was ruled an accident. The memorial service was scheduled to be held on Wednesday at 11 a.m. at the Arcadia Performing Arts Center on the campus of Arcadia High School, which is located at 188 Campus Dr. (map), according to an Arcadia Fire Department news release. A private reception for family members would follow the service. Starting at 6 a.m., Campus Drive will be closed to all traffic from Santa Anita Avenue to Park Avenue, while El Monte Avenue between Duarte Road and Campus Drive will be closed to northbound traffic, the news release stated. The closures were expected to remain in place until 3 p.m.

Memorial Service To Be Held For Arcadia Firefighter

so it looks like they are officially ruling his death an "accident" and they're saying the death was "instant".(Firefighters raise $17,000 ) wasn't really expecting that considering the tox screen is probably still being done. that seems like that's that. death by accident. investigation over?

looking forward to the upcoming paulides interview on para-x-radio.
edit on 9-7-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov
Unfortunately - I think you're right.
I don't think the toxicology results could change their attitude toward the matter unless poison was discovered.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I have to say that without the work of Mr. Paulides, there would
be a lot more people in the dark out there.

Pun obviously intended.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

yeah i think you're definitely right about that. unless poison is discovered it won't matter.

this is typical of these kinds of stories though. they always just drop off quickly and never get revisited.

but like randy said at least we have the work of Mr Paulides to keep us informed.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Well - Moon-Phase-wise, tonight would be within a day-or-so of replicating the light-time visuals of the night Mike Herdman went missing.
I wish we KNEW if the 'cliff-face' he purportedly fell/flew from faced north or south...and...I wish we knew what time he left camp...and WHEN Byars lost track of him...
Just - wishing someone thought it important-enough to make this information available.
Be Well, Buddy!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It appears that another production group has found the association our group made. This is a segment of Brad Meltzer's "Decoded." It addresses the Alaska Triangle and a disappearance rate 16X normal, they call it, "The Devil's Graveyard." If you've read our latest book, you'll get it.... source David Paulides

www.history.com... lse

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

It seems to me Ruff that what we have here in cases like Mikes
is evan wierder than just disappearing. Never the less, this world
is obviously full of super odd happenings such as these. Great link
my fellow member.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Just to throw this out there . This comes up a in his forth book and such..

"Going to re-read this after I finish absorbing the last 2 411 books again. I seem to recall similarities."

The previous quote is from a reader of the 411 books

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I found another incident that happened in Mount Shasta that's eerily similar to this one. Here is the story:

The weekend of spirituality turned deadly for a 19 year-old Los Angeles-area man whose shoeless body was discovered on the slopes after he attempted to climb to the top of the mountain wearing only a T-shirt and sweatpants.

The last time he was seen was in the Old Ski Bowl where he was participating in an 11-11-11 group meditation with 10 other people.

His friends said that he took off his shoes and began hiking up the mountain to place a rock on top of Mount Shasta, whose summit is at 14, 171 feet.

The group apparently thought he needed to go to the bathroom, or wanted some time alone, and nobody stopped him.

It's unclear why the man felt he had to take his shoes off and place a rock on top of the mountain, but when nobody could locate him after he went missing, the search that had begun was postponed after nightfall; his body was discovered the next day at an elevation of 9,600 feet.

Friends of the man's family were baffled and described him as bright, well-educated, and not part of any church or religious cult. He was described as a college-student and not prone to doing stupid things, according to those who were closest to him. And they were disturbed because so many unanswered questions surrounded the tragic event.

According to his friends, the toxicology report came back negative for any kind of drugs or alcohol being present in his system. The pathologist determined that his death was caused by hypothermia as a result of becoming lost, disoriented, and confused up on the mountain.

Why did this person wander away from his friends after a spiritual group-meditation, convinced that he had to climb to the top of the mountain with no shoes to place a rock there? Did something influence him? What was his state of mind that day to attempt doing such a thing?

Both men decided to wander off barefoot without any shoes. One had a sudden urge to climb a mountain and the other to chase a dog. Then they disappear only to be found dead in higher elevation? The question here is what made them lose their entire sense of rationality?

Source: www.messagetoeagle.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Ziming

What could possibly possess such a large portion
of wilderness bound people, to individually leave this
world under such similar circumstances of perfectly odd mystery?
Even over such vast amounts of both time and distance?

And to top it all off? The authorities can only be painted, as
being up to their eye balls deep in the middle of it. By their
own choosing.

A more perfect conspiracy, could not be asked for.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

Alright you guys, see what sense you can make of this.

Above Top Secret

So the situation police suggest could put Taylor in prison for supplying drugs that led to a mans death? But the cops just aren't going to press charges? Why?
edit on Ram80414v272014u54 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

oh boy....here we go....

ok, i thought they said tox report would take months but, anyway..

MDMA found to some degree in his system. Has a plasma half-life of 9 hours. Meaning you take x-amount of MDMA and after 9 hours there's half of the original amount still in your body. Adderall has a similar half-life, and I notice they said the adderall was within the limits for a therapeutic dose. Lastly, the alcohol .05. That's the equivalent of 2 drinks for someone of his height/weight according to a BAC chart. So what I'm getting at is even in small or moderate doses you can take these drugs and they'll show up in your system days later even though the effects are long gone.

The article mentions that these things in his system may not have been contributing factors to his death and that his death was due to blunt force trauma.

To be honest, I have used all of the above substances and I don't think that any of this explains away what happened out there. I doubt the alcohol would have had any effect on him with both of those other drugs being stimulants considering the BAC levels are pretty low anyway. Stimulants make you more alert, more energetic, some euphoria etc. but it doesn't account for getting up that cliff barefoot.
edit on 4-8-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Well, randyvs ...I won't jump the train, with this news...

As CallmeRaskolnikov already questioned the amounts of amphetamine, mdma &/or alcohol found in the tox' reports... at the moment, my thoughts go to one of my comments in this thread that was apparently counted insignificant... July 2nd comment ...in response to some apparent scuttlebutt that was passed along (to us) by GreenMtnBoys.

My thoughts, at the time were that - there are very few possibilities that might result in the story we were told...that do not require USE's (Unidentified Spooky Explanations) ...with one/some of them including hallucinogens &/or mdma, etc...

I am with CallmeRaskolnikov in wondering if the amount/s of the substances reported (taking into account, the degradation of the samples) is sufficient to explain his/their behavior.

Maybe (just maybe), it simply reiterates the saying... "Boys will be boys...even when they're Men."

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join