It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefighter chases dog and both are missing 411?

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

no i don't. hard information to find

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Have found the same in other investigatory practices throughout my career.
Please... Go on, as if you know something.

Is that what I'm doing? Or am I just calling it how it looks
to me?

edit on Ram63014v072014u16 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: seahawkshos040
Yep.
Agreed.
Thanks.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

if your response is implying something there i never claimed anything. its merely odd that many disappearances occur at the locations with devil in the name. thats my point. not sure what yours is.

EDIT: never mind, misread your question before. I'm tired, didn't mean to be short with you
edit on 30-6-2014 by seahawkshos040 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Seems almost natural that we aren't allowed the information
as per why these places earned scary names that involve the Devil.

Or just aren't able to fathom that info as some would rather
it be said.

edit on Ram63014v202014u18 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

devils tower was named by settlers who misinterpreted the native american name of "bad god tower"

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
...Is that what I'm doing? Or am I just calling it how it looks
to me?

You could certainly be 'calling it how it looks' to you...
But...when you say -

...But if you want to advocate absolute AMATEURS,
as being just as credible as the pros? ...

I have to consider that you're lumping any consideration of the possibility that the story we're told Byars relayed isn't as believable as you have steadfastly held from early-on...must come from an 'absolute amateur'...
And...thus, I take issue.
I am a "seasoned professional"...and I question the tale on numerous points - even realizing that I'm questioning 'various' renditions of the tale.

...Then respectfully partner I find that absurd. Especially from behind a damn computer with the
befuddlement admitted no less! I mean come on, quit cling'n on to nothing?

I have no idea what you consider me to be "cling'n on to"...other than, I do not count LEO's firm contention of "no foul play" worth anything more than...another fact in the matter.

...Otherwise you're simply excercising you're right to be wrong.

...as are, we all.

I have ascribed blame to no-one. But am not satisfied with the tale that has come forth.
I am, likewise, open to a "Paulides'-type-explanation", but must not jump to such a conclusion without further detail & clarification.

So - guess there's no difference between your point and mine.
You want to use a cliché on ME (and others that do not see it as you do) as ABSOLUTE AMATEUR(s)...for...not being satisfied with the same conclusion/s you've arrived at...
I understand...but...... think I'll disregard your evaluation.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
if this case fits within the paulides criteria from start to finish the coroner will say he died for exposure and dehydration. happens in nearly all of these cases. now, if poison (from bite or plant) is found or animal marks we will have a better idea of our answer. if i were a betting man it comes back exposure and dehydration

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Devils postpile

National monument. So it's easy to see why some places caught
such names. But to name a place in the middle of nowhere Devils
gate? What's up with that?

edit on Ram63014v292014u28 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
...I'd probably bet with you.
I can simply find no rational reason for 'where' the body was found.
That is a fairly intense grade.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I understand...but...... think I'll disregard your evaluation.

Alright Wan, I'm gonna go with fair enough for the moment.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs
I don't want to argue with you.
And, in fact, I am hoping that Byars' story is true... And, am further hoping that any un-founded suspicions will all be set to rest...
But - I also...KNOW...that relying on 'seasoned professional' evaluations, is a waste of time (unless they can and do - prove it).
For 9 years, I have been finding that relying on 'seasoned professional' evaluations can cost...multiple millions of dollars.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I see us having a discussion my fellow member. Not even heated.
It's all good.

edit on Ram63014v512014u37 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I see us having a discussion my fellow member. Not even heated.
It's all good.

gender call

Thanks, randyvs
And...what are the odds that you'll latch onto a story like this...at the start...that turns into such a 'mystery'?
Maybe you have a 6th sense...or something.
In any case. I know you're busy with other life-matters...and wish you well in pursuit of those.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Sixth sense? Let's not get to overblown here?

I'm catch'n enough flack try'n to be a damn truck driver !

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed
Oh..I make an ass out of myself because I am stating here HE JUST WALKED UP THE HILL for whatever reason, looking for his dog or getting an idea where he is BECAUSE HE WAS LOST.

But according to you he was carried up by a Sasquatch or beamed up by an UFO?

The only person in this thread who keeps bringing up UFOs and Sasquatch is you.

It is quite obvious when reading through the thread that most of the people commenting are not making outlandish, unsubstantiated claims about what they think happened. In fact, the great majority of them state repeatedly that they have no idea what happened, and a great deal of time and energy is spent identifying bad or confused reporting and then trying to clarify the muddled information, to extract fact from fiction, falsehood, and fail journalism.
No one in here is shouting that little gray dudes from Altair 4 zoinked the guy aboard their flying saucer so they could get samples of the stuff under his toenails for the greater good of science. Mostly, people are just identifying what facts they can, and then using those facts to attempt to "narrow the field" of possibilities...to "eliminate the impossible", as Mr. Sherlock Holmes would have said. "Because once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever is left--however improbable--must be the truth."

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

...Sixth sense? Let's not get to overblown here?

I'm catch'n enough flack try'n to be a damn truck driver !

Used to drive over-the-road, too.
Loved and hated it!
I had a reason for doing it... Didn't work out as I planned.
Hope it provides what you need from it...
May even allow you to visit the Los Padres'...and take a look, for yourself.
Still - what are the odds that you catch a 'breaking' story, and it develops into one that could legitimately connect with a "Paulides-type" story?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Still - what are the odds that you catch a 'breaking' story, and it develops into one that could legitimately connect with a "Paulides-type" story?

I don't know Wan. But if this is an attempt to throw me
into the mix and under the bus? Then I am denying everything!

Good night you crazy kids!

edit on Ram63014v232014u01 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: seahawkshos040
devils tower was named by settlers who misinterpreted the native american name of "bad god tower"

Huh??

How is "Devil's Tower" a misinterpretation of "Bad God Tower"? Sounds right on to me....isn't the devil supposed to be an evil deity; i.e., a bad god...?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
i go away for a few days and look what happens. it's obviously terribly sad that his body was found deceased and truly all condolences to the family. as it must be hard not knowing exactly what happened out there to Mike. they must be going crazy trying to figure it out themselves.

the circumstances surrounding the discovery of his body fall in line with literally hundreds up hundreds of other missing persons. and to me, this only re-affirms the tie in to Paulide's other cases considering it's also in one of his cluster points, the details of these 411 cases have already been discussed at the very beginning of this thread.

at this point there are two things especially of interest to me.

1. I'm wondering if his feet were in the condition one would expect from hiking that 1,200 foot distance up that terrain. wouldn't be surprised as with other Paulide's cases if the feet were not marred up.

2. what the actual condition of the body was when found. identifying him by his dental records? that seems extreme all things considered. were there other hikers missing in the area without shoes wearing similar clothes? did he not have a wallet or any other identifying material on him? was his body so destroyed, leaving dental records as the only source for identification?

important things to remember...

No cause of death has been determined, but Dean said there was no indication of foul play. The sheriff said the body was about three-quarters of a mile from and 1,200 feet above the campsite, which was in the creek basin. Herdman, 36, may have tried to climb the cliff in the dark and fell, according to the sheriff. "Candidly, I'm not sure if we'll ever get an answer because he's the only one who can answer about why you go so far in the middle of the night like that," Dean said during a televised news conference. lRelated Rescuers search for firefighter in Los Padres National Forest L.A. Now Rescuers search for firefighter in Los Padres National Forest See all related 8 The area had not been closely examined in the massive search effort over the last two weeks because authorities thought it was unlikely that Herdman would have climbed up there, officials said. "When you're searching, you're looking at where people are going to go to survive" — flat areas with water and shade, said Ventura County sheriff's spokesman Don Aguilar.

LA Times Missing Arcadia Firefighter

Awaiting the results of the autopsy....

Would expect that further reporting on this case will drop off pretty significantly from here on out...
edit on 30-6-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-6-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join