It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefighter chases dog and both are missing 411?

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Any articles saying they had a gun with them? That's news to me and I've scoured the articles regarding this story.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys Sorry i was not clear cause everything i am posting is just guesses based on my inner voice. Not the best source for accepted facts and just speculation until we get the results of any investagation that may or may not be underway.

I think that the one that had a gun was the deceased and that is why i see all this starting at the car and not the tent where the gun was.

edit on 29-6-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
What people are failing to understand regardless of what you feel happened is that THE ENTIRE TIMELINE is based on what BYARS is saying!!!!!!!!!! If you look at the clip in this video……there is a deputy sitting down in the exact place that Herdman was found. It doesn't look THAT rugged for an experienced hiker, athlete, adventurer to scale if he wanted to. Mike could have easily have gotten to where his body was found with his physical abilities.
www.myfoxla.com...

The point is no one REALLY knows if Mike actually took off in the dark after his dog. That's what Byars has said. He was the only one around. Mike could have left the next morning with his dog saying he was going for a hike by himself for a few hours or maybe Byars was sound asleep that next morning and Mike went off by himself. Byars gives no detailed info regarding times….i.e. what time of night did Mike take off. How many hours was he searching for MIke until he gave up? At what TIME did he see his search as futile and turn tail and try to hike out of their? Byars was said to have taken two days to hike out. For all we know this could have happened Thursday morning, Friday afternoon, Saturday morning. Everything saying that this happened this way is BYAR'S WORD!!!!

Assuming Byars is telling the truth and there is no foul play we are back to bizarro land asking ourselves why the hell would Mike try to scale up a mountain in the middle of the night with no shoes on? Even the most nutty adventurer would not do that in my opinion. Him and Byars could have spent all day hiking up to the ridge from where Herdman might have fallen down to his death……this all could have taken place Saturday….during the day…..who knows. Byars story is the most suspicious piece of this entire story.

These guys both seem like total alpha males. Bad things can happen when two alpha males don't get along.

I'm not convinced Mike Herdman fell to his death in the middle of the night chasing his dog. Either something unwordly happened to him i.e. along the lines of Paulide's 411 cases OR Byars is responsible. That is my own conclusion.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Something that's been bugging me all this time is the dog...wouldn't most dogs roam around out in the woods? He's free of the leash and collar and can explore at will. You certainly wouldn't take a dog hiking with you just to tie him up to a tree. So if he's free to roam, why would Mike chase him, with no shoes on and at night? Why take the dog if you have to chase him every time he runs off? I have to assume the dog was well behaved and not prone to independent investigation and that's why he chased him? That just bothers me.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: megabogie

true, wasn't like they were in a crowded campground, they were out in the boonies,plus they spent all day hiking...I know they were in good shape,but, who runs after backpacking all day?? something unusal happened or the story we are given is not right.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

I think until we get the results of the autopsy by the coroner (assuming one is being performed?) we'll just never know. It's as simple as that. We can throw speculation back and forth as much as we like, but ultimately it's pointless until we know the cause of death.

All I will say now, is what I've said before; the police feel Byars is innocent. Still. Which implies there was nothing about the body which implicated him. Also, if Byars did undertake violence against Herdman, we now have the added complication of dragging a corpse 1200ft up a mountain. Impossible? Nope. Risky? Incredibly. If Byars had indeed moved the corpse to the top of the mountain, how would he have dealt with the possibility of witnesses?

I am not discounting the possibility that Byars had something to with this, but thinking about the "logistics" of the presumed murder and the location the body was found, I have to say it's pretty unlikely. And I'm inclined to agree with police in saying he has no part.
Also, I'm ready to be proved wrong.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JackofBlades

agree with you, wish we knew what they are holding back, not that the friend was lying......must wait for the time and cause of death.......how long until they release this info,......

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: research100
Never. The new slogan seems to be what difference does it make now.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JackofBlades
Incredibly. If Byars had indeed moved the corpse to the top of the mountain, how would he have dealt with the possibility of witnesses?

Do it at night?

As a poster above mentioned, it does not make sense that he ran of into the night chasing his dog.

Apparently noises were heard coming from a cave, but it was never investigated!
A possible scenario - Someone kept the victim in the cave until he died of natural causes, then put his body where it was found to make it appear he died of exposure?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I think amatuers who want to fly in the face of experienced
professionals ( law enforcement ) from behind a computer?
Really people? Like these cops aren't journeymen enough to say,
no foul play was involved? Get a grip and realise that the cops
are always the first to point fingers to make thier job easier.

Nah sorry, that's just stupid to think foul play. But I understand
it just gets to scary for everyone with no one to blame.

But it is exactly what it is. Get over it. It's getting very annoying.

edit on Rpm62914v04201400000009 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Found an interesting quote by one of mike herdsman's friends/SAR volunteer kyle armstrong:

Kyle Armstrong: "I spent the last 10 days or so scouring the Sespe with a couple other good friends of mike. We got to or near the alleged "last known place" and removed our shoes. I have a very hard time believing he was able to make it more than 100' without turning back for shoes. The terrain is difficult on your feet even in sturdy hiking boots. My opinion is the search should be heavily focused in that area. The Sespe is a narrow creek bed with steep cliff walls on both sides so it would be hard to wander past your camp or lose your way. Mike is also a smart guy with a lot of experience in the back country. If he were able to venture farther up or down there would be more signs left by him. This has been the hardest couple weeks of my life both physically and emotionally. Everyone's support has been awesome! #findmike"

So this other trained rescuer couldn't believe he traveled more than 100 feet without returning for shoes?! that puts a hole in 90% of theories on here.

the other thing is that if he hiked up from the river bed below, the idea that he was trying to get higher perspective cannot be true. he knew which direction his camp was based on which direction the stream was flowing, right? his camp was far less than a mile downstream. no way, NO WAY he hiked up that cliff for any sane reason

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: seahawkshos040

the other thing is that if he hiked up from the river bed below, the idea that he was trying to get higher perspective cannot be true. he knew which direction his camp was based on which direction the stream was flowing, right? his camp was far less than a mile downstream. no way, NO WAY he hiked up that cliff for any sane reason

And yet Paulides unbelievably nailed it in a prediction.
And what do you get when these facts are interlinked
with what I will call a fact, that no foul play was involved?
Something very odd happened to Mike that fits the," Paulides criteria ".

So suck it up peeps, it is what it is. And those who have rudely said I
want this to be so, I believe are gripped by the fear that it is so. Because
when I started this thread? I had no idea it would turn out this way. I was fully
acting on a hunch. And if I were wrong, I would have been glad. But you
who fear so easily ( you know who you are ) can believe what you
want. I defend myself only once.

edit on Rpm62914v34201400000009 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
here is mike herdsman's hiking map

maps.google.com...

he disappeared as they entered "devils gate." just saying that fits with paulides books

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs
I say there's little difference between amateurs and seasoned professionals...
So - I cannot agree with your comment/s in this regard.
The "seasoned professionals" were saying "no foul play" even before the body was found...
There is no crime in allowing those who believe they 'see things'...to express said 'insights'.
I have 'seen' things, historically...that eventually proved to be accurate, and I have had the exact-opposite results, as well (and, more often).
Who knows?
Everyone contributing to this thread is dealing with different set/s of data...simply because 'the story' has not been consistent in even one instance of publication.
I don't want to believe/find that Byars is a bad guy.
...don't want to believe/find that Herdman's wife was a 'bad guy'.
I do, though... and, I mean, I really do...find a lot of reason to doubt the story we've been given (again, acknowledging that we really haven't been given the same story by even two sources).
So - while I don't like insinuations thrown at Byars & Herdman as having a homosexual quarrel that turned deadly;
Don't like insinuations that extramarital affairs/infidelity was involved...
Don't like insinuations that either, any or all of the characters had some kind of 'illicit' role in this tragedy...
I think we must consider all possibilities...until there is sound evidence to the contrary.

I appreciate that you want to believe Byars is innocent... I do too.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
this one has location of where they found him. i think the campsite location is wrong though

www.google.com...,-118.93198&spn=0.100977,0.227623&dg=feature

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Now why in the hell is it called that?
What is the reason it was named that?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Now why in the hell is it called that?
What is the reason it was named that?

thats such an important question. its possible that native americans had disappearances occur in these locations and told settlers to stay away?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

I appreciate that you want to believe Byars is innocent... I do too.

I do appreciate the inaccuracies in the reporting as befuddling
peoples perceptions. But if you want to advocate absolute AMATEURS,
as being just as credible as the pros? Then respectfully partner I find
that absurd. Especially from behind a damn computer with the
befuddlement admitted no less! I mean come on, quit cling'n
on to nothing?

Otherwise you're simply excercising you're right to be wrong.
edit on Rpm62914v57201400000049 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Do you know where one might find when/who 'named' the various places in this forest?
I've been wanting to find where the various 'place-names' came from.
Perhaps will only be in some historical society (if even there)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs
I work in a profession of legal/investigative professionals...
90+ % are amateurs...including those with JD's.
I know what I'm talking about!
Have found the same in other investigatory practices throughout my career.
Please... Go on, as if you know something.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join