It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefighter chases dog and both are missing 411?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder

Logic burnt into our brains says go down and follow water and you will find people

Cold hard fact my good man. Excellent point. I think some of these people
just don't want to deal with fear. So they'd rather remain ignorant. Which
indicates they should get out of the kitchen if they can't stand the heat.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
But he was looking - chasing his dog. If the dog went up, so would he. No telling when it happened.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SonoftheSun

Hey Son, thank you so much for that link.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
But he was looking - chasing his dog. If the dog went up, so would he. No telling when it happened.

Ah but his dog was found alive.
Twice.
And with less intelligence.
Both times.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

No there is no telling when it happened, for sure we don't know that.
But is there not a point in time that you start getting your priorities in order and think about a wife and child?

What dog is worth giving up a family for?
I am not being combative, just logical after facing death myself I know what priorities are.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
So very sad, I have been following this since it began and was still holding out hope that he would be found alive.

Too many unanswered questions that will never be resolved. Just hope that this case will change SAR protocol and have searches performed in areas that are not necessarily "logical" or "by the book" but close to the point of disappearance.

Does make you wonder how he could have been there all this time, with flyover searches, and not be detected.

I feel for his family & friends, but now they can grieve their loss.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: YogaGinns

very sad outcome. I have the news on but nothing said yet....his birthday would have been on sunday....very sad.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100

very sad outcome. I have the news on but nothing said yet....his birthday would have been on sunday....very sad.

That makes it even sadder for the family.

YogaGinns

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
interesting display of modern media reporting this evening. everyone in that press conference asking questions was doubtful that that man simply walked up a 1200 foot cliff without shoes and died. the cop himself couldn't even believe where they found him. nothing made sense. yet, one by one, generic, shallow articles are popping up on news sites questioning nothing and moving on. lets all get updated on justin beiber now and go about our lives

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
My heart felt condolences to the family and friends including Mr.
Byars.
edit on Rpm62714v172014u30 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

another link ktla.com...

1200 feet up and this link mentions 3/4 of a mile away..... “It was obviously a long hike up very, very difficult terrain,” Dean said

Searchers had ruled out looking in that area on foot because it seemed unlikely Herdman would have ventured that far up in elevation, Dean said.

“What are the chances that someone at night in bare feet and shorts would scale a 1,200-foot mountain?” Dean said. “The likelihood just wasn’t that high, so the search was focused in areas that there was a higher likelihood that he might be located.”

The body, spotted by a pilot who had just dropped off four ground searchers Friday morning, was transported out after a challenging retrieval effort.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100

another link ktla.com...

“What are the chances that someone at night in bare feet and shorts would scale a 1,200-foot mountain?” Dean said. “The likelihood just wasn’t that high, so the search was focused in areas that there was a higher likelihood that he might be located.”

You have to wonder though if someone in the SAR effort had thought, or suggested, looking higher up and the idea was nixed.

We'll never know what actually happened, but can only wonder and throw our thoughts out there for discussion.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Ah but his dog was found alive.
Twice.
And with less intelligence.
Both times.

Was referring to why he went up hill. At the time he wasn't looking for civilization, he was searching for the dog.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

“What are the chances that someone at night in bare feet and shorts would scale a 1,200-foot mountain?

Maybe it was the next morning. No one knows at this time, do they? Remember the dog sighting north or NW of the camp? So the dog went that way at least once, probably twice since it the sighting was after the weekend.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Yeah, I admit I took advantage of the oportunity to make
a point.

A thousand pardons.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I would think there was a better chance of him slipping,etc at night but you never know.

It will be interesting to find it he was snake bit or had another wound.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

begs the question...day or night....why go up, he ran after the dog, but he knew he didn't have water with him and the weather is really HOT during the day so he would not have gone far...

edit on 27-6-2014 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Looking at the few facts, he doesn't seem to have been make the best of decisions. Maybe water wouldn't have mattered at the time. Looks like emotion.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

knew he didn't have water with him and the weather is really HOT during the day so he would not have gone far

Correction!

He should not have gone far.

edit on Rpm62714v15201400000017 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The temp high on the 13th and 14th in Fullerton was 78 and 80. Not really hot.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join