It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefighter chases dog and both are missing 411?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Few possibilities can think of ..
1. guy and dog ran into some unsavory chars and are dead in an unmarked grave .
2. guy is severaly injured dog is staying with him.
3. for various reasons people choose to disappear and start over someplace new ..
4. with the odd happenings and disappearances in/around national parks he encountered whoever/whatever was behind them.

Most likely going with #1 and # 3 as what happened to him ...

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Barefoot in an area with rattlesnakes. Hope he didn't step on one.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Rattlers, there's a good point. We got the mohave
green where I'm at. And that sucker is deadly most of the
time. Not to sure how far north they go.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

A USDA Forest service site mentioned rattlesnakes but didn't give any species.

edit:

CA rattle snake link

edit on 6/19/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

How about quicksand?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Some info about the location

USDA Safety and Ethics Los Padres National Forest

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Interesting case, Randy. Here's what appears to align with David Paulides' 411 missing criteria so far:

1. Man goes missing suddenly, when separated from his partner (or group)
2. The area is rural
3. The area is strewn with boulders
4. The man's dog was with him at or near the time of his disappearance

I would be interested to know:
- Whether the dog they spotted actually is the man's dog, and what condition the dog is in
- Whether the bloodhounds brought to the search were able to pick up and ultimately trail a scent
- If the missing man left any clues behind re: wanting to disappear, such as large and recent bank withdrawals, etc.
- If the man's car keys, wallet, etc. were on him when he disappeared (guessing not, since he was described as wearing only a t-shirt and shorts, with no shoes)

Will continue to follow, and hope for a good outcome for man, family and dog.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Perhaps the dog was after some type of wildlife when he ran from camp. According to Roadgravels link, there are bears and mountain lions. Let us hope that the fireman is safe and just lost.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis

If you are knowledgable and prepared and BELONG in the wild then these types of "small accidents" do not happen to you,it is like moving to a city and not understanding what traffic or cars are,and walking unknowlingly into the middle of a freeway.

You are not correct, humans have lived in the wilds forever and done so quite successfully.

Experience people in the wild do not take risks,just like people in citys do not take certain risks in their everyday lives,this dynamic is reflective of the experiences anyone will have in the wild,you must be prepared and follow the rules or you may become a statistic,but this is the way EVERYTHING is in our lives wether you are in the wilderness or Downtown LA.

Yes,walking on uneven ground is a risk you cannot take,yes crossing a river by walking on top of ao old dead log is risky,yes picking berries in season where bears also eat id risky,yes talking to strangers in the wild is risky,yes you have many many rules to follow in the wild,but no more than anywhere else,you simply need to KNOW the RULES before you end up in the wilds.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: graceunderpressure

1. Man goes missing suddenly, when separated from his partner (or group)
2. The area is rural
3. The area is strewn with boulders
4. The man's dog was with him at or near the time of his disappearance

You may have missed one Grace. The creek.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

That link of yours makes most people who take to the outdoors
look really stupid. But I agree with it in every way. So lets take
what it says about a whistle for instance. That little idea could be
a world of difference.

Thanks for the link Gravel.

edit on Ram61914v592014u26 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

You may have missed one Grace. The creek.

At the risk of sounding morbid, the body (or the still-living missing guy) hasn't been found yet. If I remember correctly, most of Paulides' mentions of a creek or creek bed are in connection with finding the person, which hasn't happened yet. This one, and some other similarities might still emerge as the story unfolds. I also omitted the fact that the guy has been missing for 5 days without shoes because, unlike any of the 411 stories that I recall, he left the campground without them. The shoeless thing kind of lines up, though, in respect to being out in the wilderness without footwear. I don't see how people do this!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Lots of that stuff should be a given, yet we have a seasoned person heading off, most likely a long way, from camp dressed as he was.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I have to say I like the mountain lion theory. The guy went running into the woods at night, prime hunting time. I know they get big enough to take down a man. There wouldn't be much warning, let alone fighting the thing off. Probably dragged the poor guy up a tree.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Do they get sink holes in this area, He may have run over an unstable opening silted up ?
The thought of that possibility sends chills down my spine.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
if he was running he and his dog could have fallen down a mine shaft. an open shaft in tall grass or brush can be concealed and searchers could miss it standing five feet from it. if the bottom of the shaft is filled with water the odor of a corpse could be covered. or if the shaft has horizontal tunnels with vertical stopes air currents could direct the odor miles away.

originally posted by: spookysully

Well just about anything can and does happen in the wilderness.. It always cracks me up when people post .... "Well I've been in the wilderness umpteen years" "I've never had XXXXXXX happen" "I would have XXXXXXXX" (Fill in the Xs) Anytime someone posts such garbage, you know they truly have little experience.. In the wilderness, one small mistake, that even the most seasoned professional can easily make, can put you into a life and death struggle.. I hope this guy and his dog turn up Okay...

I agree with you but your assumption that one small mistake can (easily?) lead to a death struggle seems a bit sensational.

I grew up with a gun in my hand and a dog at my side in Northern Montana and have hiked and camped alone (save for my dog) more times than I can count. My experiences are my own, I'm not at all bragging just sharing,. I don't know your experience but I can tell you that to put one small mistake, easily and death struggle in the same sentence is pretty sensational IMHO.

I make small mistakes all the time in the bush, who doesn't? Perfection hardly exists anywhere, especially alone on a mountain. A careless step/sprained ankle can of course happen, getting over excited and thinking you can go further than your body will allow... Ha ha happens almost every time I'm out! But usually not enough firewood or a root in the back from a poor choice of sleeping spots is the extent of easily made mistakes. Inclimate weather...The list can go on for a while for sure and while these can technically lead to death struggles, IMHO, it's rather unlikely that such lead to his ordeal. Due to how quickly and thorough the response was. Hard to loose yourself when you have heavily trained dogs looking for you...Again, IMHO.

I know personally that without anything too insidious happening, a person can survive out and about in the temperatures and terrain he's in for a week especially if they have his experience with the area, a water supply and are in good shape. They wouldn't like it much and would be aching for some good food and a soft bed when they're found but its doable. Again, this is talk in a forum so I understand your original reply, really I do! Cheers

edit on 19-6-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
His buddy was bangin' his girl and offed him in the woods when confronted. I'd definitely be keeping a close eye on the last person that saw him alive.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

if he was running he and his dog could have fallen down a mine shaft. an open shaft in tall grass or brush can be concealed and searchers could miss it standing five feet from it

I see there is mention on the USDA site of abandoned mines in the area.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I see ATS has it's think'n cap on today. I haven't heard anything
different from the last update some thirteen hours ago. And who
even knows if it was actually the guys dog that was seen. I would
venture to say that if they don't find this guy by tomorrow then
his chances will begin spiraling down pretty fast. But my hope is
they find him soon and Randy is guilty of jumping the gun on the
magical mystery tour.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111
I have to say I like the mountain lion theory.... Probably dragged the poor guy up a tree.

This seems the most plausible idea yet. Nocturnal predators are still out there eating people. Every few months or so you read about it.

But I'd also like to toss out an idea I haven't seen posted: Illegal grow operators finding this guy stumbling across their farm.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join