It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefighter chases dog and both are missing 411?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Reporting such as...

"When he didn't return by next morning" - did Byers make it back to the camp

"Searched two days" - this is seem wrong - seems like he was lost

"Byers found by fisherman lost" - maybe as he tries to get out to truck, not searching.

Actual facts are not very clear at this point.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Oh right, it's really confusing isn't it?
I saw you linked another missing woman earlier. I suppose America's so huge, it's inevitable really but very sad.
Surely the dog will lead the searchers to this man today, the poor soul. The not knowing must be torment for his family.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rainbowresidue

I agree. If they ran after the dog together, and one of them was barefoot, how could he have been faster and gotten away far enough from his friend, so his friend lost him?

Yes that wouldn't make sense. Hmm. I don't know the area at all, it's maybe very dense woodland?

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

So what do we do with the thought that something sentient
exists out there, with the power to make people disappear?
What do we do with this knowledge of evil and fear?
I leave you all with this, because I'm done here.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Shall I scan my calendar ! So we have a confliction accordingly. I'll buy your info. But the damn thing was huge and very bright and you can't take that away.

Randy:

I have checked 5 calendars here and only one of them show the 12th as the full moon, so I go with it being the full moon on Friday the 13th.

Off topic; we were at the hospital ER that night and it was eerily quite for any Friday, let alone a full moon. I overheard one of the doctors saying that they shouldn't put anyone one in room 13 because of it being the 13th. Odd that a doctor would be superstitious like that.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: YogaGinns

Shall I scan my calendar ! So we have a confliction accordingly. I'll buy your info. But the damn thing was huge and very bright and you can't take that away.

Randy:

I have checked 5 calendars here and only one of them show the 12th as the full moon, so I go with it being the full moon on Friday the 13th.

Off topic; we were at the hospital ER that night and it was eerily quite for any Friday, let alone a full moon. I overheard one of the doctors saying that they shouldn't put anyone one in room 13 because of it being the 13th. Odd that a doctor would be superstitious like that.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

haha. Trusting a calendar maker over the Naval Observatory. Was the calendar made for for California local time.

But the amount of disk illumination for several days makes the exact time not as important.

Edit:

I am amazed at research based on looking at calendar alone.
edit on 6/22/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: YogaGinns

Gravel has made some awesome contributions to this thread
Darlin. I just don't count that as one of them.

Just kidding Gravel.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

This isn't going to be solved for a while. I fear the result will not as good as people have hoped. I might just prove a few seconds of mental lapse is all it takes.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I've chosen not to endeavor this any more because it is only saddening
me. I still hold out hope for what would be a miracle now. I just want to
lurk over my own thread now tho. Hope you guys carry on at least til the
search is called off. So no one better here to leave this thread to but you Gravel.
I'll be leaving for orientation with Swift tomorrow anyways. So carry on if you
like. I'll be look'n in when I can but I must prepare for being away from home.

Prayers and such.
Randyvious Astrocometus

edit on Ram62214v57201400000011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Swift? iPhone - Apple?

Any way, good luck, stay safe.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

it is sad...we will keep an eye on this story.....the other story mentioned about the missing lady, she has 35 years hiking experience...she hiked with a partner, sometime she would go ahead to a area and take pics and come back, this time she didn't return

here is a description of where her body was found “It is very steep terrain, very rough,” Wold said. “It’s a cross-country area, an area where people don’t normally go.”
edit on 22-6-2014 by research100 because: changed years from 30 to 35

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rainbowresidue

I agree. If they ran after the dog together, and one of them was barefoot, how could he have been faster and gotten away far enough from his friend, so his friend lost him?

Hi Rainbow:

The friend seems to be befuddled at the very least, then again, I would be too. One minute you are enjoying the great outdoors with your experienced camping buddy, and the next minute that buddy goes running off barefoot through the wilderness...

What if the friend saw something that he is afraid to report? Either because people would think he is nuts and crackers, or in fear that the something would come after him?

Also, I wonder how long the backpack the friend left was sitting there unattended. If there were natural predators around wouldn't the backpack attract those predators? I don't remember any reports of the backpack being opened or messed with. And it contained food...that doesn't make sense.

So many questions and so few answers. Poor guy.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Missmissie173

Yes,exactly. If the backpack had food, that backpack should have been messed around with by wildlife trying to open it.
Then again I'm not a camper, so I have to say I can't know that for sure.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue
If the food was in a vacuum sealed container
its unlikely animals would've smelled it

edit on 6/22/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: oops

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I just keep wondering just how far the average person would chase their dog. Also it seems that animals do smell food vaccum sealed and freeze dried both. Most guides from what i read fully expect animals to sniff out the food.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick
certain pack foods are packaged in more specialized vacuum sealed containers that greatly reduce the odor of the contents. I wouldn't expect an animal to find it unless said animal was in the near vicinity of the pack which, they having a dog at camp reduces the chance of smaller animals to be in the area.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
I just keep wondering just how far the average person would chase their dog. Also it seems that animals do smell food vaccum sealed and freeze dried both. Most guides from what i read fully expect animals to sniff out the food.

It all depends, I went camping once and forgot my pack up close to the campsite I hid it because I didnt want to take it with me on the hunt, it had canned stuff in it, freeze dried food, and vacuum sealed food as well.....

Long story short ended up having a family emergency and wasnt able to come back for a week, I doubted it was still there, but low and behold it was there after a week in the Idaho wilderness, unscathed ....

So it just really depends

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
I just keep wondering just how far the average person would chase their dog. ...

I agree... Not only 'an average person', but - 'a barefoot person'.
Why did the buddies get separated?
If the surviving buddy had shoes on...one would think that they would have been able to cover more ground over a longer period, than the one with no shoes.
Yet - someone has stated (though I've not seen this detail in any published reports, elsewhere), that Herdman took off into the thick brush.
Wouldn't take most people very long, in that environment/terrain to say "this isn't a good idea...better go get my shoes/boots".
Something is wrong with this...

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: WanDash
Having seen the terrain, the barefoot thing might be more along the lines of were his feet conditioned enough to comfortably walk around without shoes.
If yes, he could walk with no issue, but if not then why would he even attempt it?

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Well i was just looking at guides for bear hunts and their recommendations. I certainly know that it takes a couple layers of protection to get by a drug dog. IT does not look good on his friend because most do not believe in alien abductions and such. Now theye gotta ask the hard questions like whose footprints those were.

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join