It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefighter chases dog and both are missing 411?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The search for the firefighter began Monday morning, based at the trailhead to Tar Creek (map)

A dog resembling Duke was spotted Wednesday but ran away from searchers, authorities said. The dog was spotted northwest of Sulphur Peak (map)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel
Thanks roadgravel
Guess I was just hoping for information that would clear up some of the apparent discrepancies between the different reports (journalistic pieces)
Here, in part, is my frustration...

From KTLA5

...Herdman had been setting up camp with fellow firefighter...when the two ran after Herdman's dog Duke and then became separated...

From LosAngeles.CBSLocal.com

...Herdman was hiking...with fellow firefighter...at Tar Creek Trail. The two men had set up camp along the Sespe Creek when Herdman's dog, Duke, ran away...

The location represented by/on the 'trailhead map' you provided, is, perhaps, 3/4 mile east of Sespe Creek.
Were they hiking on/along said trail when the dog took off?
Were they setting up camp (along the creek) when the dog ran off?
Or were they hiking along the creek...when the dog took off...(don't have that reference handy - but will get it, if you haven't read, said report)?

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

Some of what I was questioning. What are the actual facts. I think we have people reading others reports and creating theirs versus research and asking questions.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Here is an interesting question.

Do they have trackers, human trackers searching? or just dogs and standard search crews?

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

...Some of what I was questioning. What are the actual facts. I think we have people reading others reports and creating theirs versus research and asking questions.

Sadly, that seems to be the new Modus Operandi.
Thanks.
Sulfur Peak is a good way/s from the trailhead.
You mentioned that the dog was spotted in that vicinity on Wednesday.
One report says they also saw the dog on Thursday...and have now set a trap for it... If only one trap, one would guess that the second spotting was in the same general location. And, if the dog is staying in a certain locale (one day to the next), I'm guessing they must be focusing their search on that area.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut
I believe they stated that they have 11 human trackers (from Immigration) that joined the effort on either Thursday or Friday.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
From immigration?
That. Is. Not. Comforting. Information.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
From immigration?
That. Is. Not. Comforting. Information.

Ha!
Yeah - well... They are supposedly 'experts' in tracking human/s.
Guess we'll see.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
poor guy.
If i lived closer i would lend my skills.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

KNX news radio 10.70
is covering the search and another missing person in a
national park near Mt. Rainier, Washington.

I would join you just to have your back.

edit on Rpm62114v12201400000012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

If this is a missing 411 incident the backup would be appreciated.
do you happen to have a mini gun or possibly a 25mm cannon mounted to an atv handy??

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

No but I could provide air support with my F-16 tomcat.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs
Oh just
so many times.

seriously though, I hope they find him alive

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Just a thought: I wonder if it could be some Broke Back Mountain type stuff gone wrong?
Furthermore, they could have been in a whole different location and his friend could have "made it look like" camp was set up there to deflect the real camp spot/ murder scene. The dog could be running around confused looking for where his owner originally was. Perhaps the murder is what really scared the dog off to begin with.
edit on 22-6-2014 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Who goes hiking off trail that far that without map/compass or GPS. How do trained searchers (firefighters) lose each other looking for a dog. Maybe people get careless at recreation time.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Byars was dehydrated and appeared disoriented when fishermen found him on Sunday, Sgt. Kevin Donohue with Ventura County Sheriff’s Office said.

Search-and-rescue personnel began looking for Herdman, a member of the Arcadia Fire Department, Monday morning.
herdman

Herdman’s backpack and footprints were found on Monday, and his dog Duke was spotted multiple times on Wednesday and Thursday but never captured.

Link

From this it is stated

-Fishermen fund Byers on Sunday
-pack found on Monday (Byers supply drop? still unmoved from camp? still uncertain)

Authorities are leaning toward him being immobile during the search. Does seem likely.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Woman writer, hiking 'guru' missing on Mt. Rainier

Bad situation and most likely not the last for this summer.

update:

MOUNT RAINIER NATIONAL PARK, Wash. — The search for a prominent outdoors writer on Mount Rainier was suspended Saturday when a female's body was recovered, but the remains weren't immediately identified, officials said.

Mount Rainier National Park spokeswoman Patti Wold said that the body was recovered about 3 p.m. PDT in the area where teams had been searching for 70-year-old Karen Sykes.

She said that the body of a "deceased female" was found off the trail near Boundary Creek in rough, steep terrain — an area difficult to access and not commonly traveled.

There was no immediate word on the cause of death, and Wold said the medical examiner would determine the person's identity.

Link

That one might be over, sadly...
edit on 6/22/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I've been following this thread from day 1.
Sadly my hopes have gone slowly down the drain since then.

In my opinion, it's been too long to find him alive, sadly.

A couple of things didn't make sense to me:
- being barefoot on that terrain
- where exactly was the backpack?
- how could experts not catch a dog?
( I know about the chopper, but still.)

If the dog is fine, then he was witness to whatever happened to his owner, which could have spooked him.
He seriously couldn't find his friend/or shout for him whilst running after him?
How long did he wait to run after him?
What is his friend not telling?
Something is missing here....

I'm not accusing anyone, I'm just saying that some pieces are missing from the puzzle, and we only have 2 witnesses, the dog and the friend. The dog's run off again, and the friend isn't telling the police everything in my humble opinion.

Please don't flame me for writing what I'm about to write, but why not contact some experienced and trusted "sensitives" that help the police on a regular basis?

edit on 22/6/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: spelling

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Oh I see. I had misunderstood what happened. So both men ran after the dog together, but became separated while they were searching? That makes a bit more sense. I thought the friend had waited a while, then gone out after the missing man.
It doesn't explain how he just vanished, however.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

I agree. If they ran after the dog together, and one of them was barefoot, how could he have been faster and gotten away far enough from his friend, so his friend lost him?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join