It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police enter private backyard and shoot dog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Story: Police officer entered a private backyard next door to a house that reported a missing 3 year old, looking for the missing toddler. The police officer felt that the dog was going to attack him and shot him once in the head, obviously killing the animal.

I cant imagine how sad this person must feel
the dog was in his own back yard and gets murdered by an intruder is how i look at.

What a sad world we live in if this is seriously LEGAL and ACCEPTABLE behavior! /disgusted

WE GOTTA TAKE THE POWER BACK!!

Link:KSL STORY (Utah)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: JakobeSVT

Good thing it wasn't at my home. I would consider that as protecting my family!!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Omg..... that is gut wrenching.
Nothing will come of it tho. Which is just as gut wrenching

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Go to that police officers house. Ring the bell and shoot whomever open the door. When asked why say you felt treatend by the person opening the door. Lets see how he like that. Now i guess my as s is marked for a drone as i am thank God not american. a reply to: JakobeSVT

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
So if a cop is in my yard and acts aggressive, can I shoot him too?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC

I would have to say yes. If I saw anyone on my property kill a family member with a gun, I would shoot them dead where they stand, cop or not. It's a matter of self defense of a family member at that point.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
it happens more often than you think, and all over the country.
this happened back in March, in a city about a hour from my home.

edit on 19-6-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
It is claimed that people with psychopathic personalities that become serial killers start by killing small animals and then progress to humans.

Sounds like the cop MO, take a guy like that, train him, put a badge on him and let him loose on the public for their "safety".

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
My heart goes out to the guy who lost his companion.

He said the dog slept with him, mine does also.

I haven't got children but those that do how would you react if this was your child shot in the head by a cop performing a search in your yard?

Not react, I am not asking how you would react, I just want you entertain just for a moment this was your child.

Can you understand the pain or maybe visualize the suffering it would cause you to go through such an ordeal?

Maybe one day I will have a family but for now my dog Sonja is my princess just like my friend 6 year old daughter is his.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
it happens more often than you think, and all over the country.
this happened back in March, in a city about a hour from my home.

It will continue to happen until they start getting shot back. Which is what I HOPE happens next.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: HandyDandy

It will continue to happen until they start getting shot back. Which is what I HOPE happens next.

That has already happened.

Let me find some links

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Its happening.

edit on 19-6-2014 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

One by one, twelve jurors affirmed today their decision that George Hitcho Jr. should be put to death for the first-degree murder of Freemansburg police officer Robert Lasso.

Northampton County District Attorney John Morganelli praised the jury for its decision, saying the sentence shows society will not tolerate criminals targeting law enforcement officers. At trial, he repeatedly called police officers the barrier between order and chaos and said anyone who harms them must be punished.

Link

" he repeatedly called police officers the barrier between order and chaos and said anyone who harms them must be punished."

Any wonder police do whatever they feel like, despite the law.

edit on 6/19/2014 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

" he repeatedly called police officers the barrier between order and chaos and said anyone who harms them must be punished."

Any wonder police do whatever they feel like, despite the law.

Take a kid and tell him over and over he's special, he's societies protector, he's the line between order and chaos.
Tell him over and over as he shoots guns, fires tasers, learns to tackle all while earning little trinkets and badges.

Punch that guy, you're awesome! Here's a pip for your uniform. You're awesome!

What comes out the other end is a self-absorbed, power lusting monster who feel entitled yet simultaneously insecure.

These are our cops. They are hired this way. They are trained this way.

This is why there are no good cops.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Every day I read about another P.O.S cop just like "ALL" of them, bunch of P.O.S. I think how effing stupid are all these roided out bullied cowards, at the end of the day this gang openly wears their colors everywhere, driving around in vehicles baring their gang memorabilia, you have no problem picking them out in a crowd. So trust me when it hits the fan and things aren't exactly how they were and all these pussy P.O.S police still wearing their gang colors look for order. I'll tell you what, I see one not act in the will of the people, well hell looks like those in gang colors, also look like targets and are easily definable by all citizens.

Food for thought to all the A-holes out there who think your shield will shield you!!!! And that all people will sit back and watch this happen......

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

What right does a police officer have to shoot a dog that is in a fenced yard? The officer was trespassing on private property, how else does he think a dog would react to a stranger? Don't these police officers carry pepper spray? I know mail carriers carry dog repellent why shouldn't police officers carry it too? These officers who shoot a dog out of pure knee jerk reaction, are probably the same type of cops who are quick to reach for their revolver when dealing with the public. Poor dog and I feel bad for the owner.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

According to the article the police are using the excuse that officers are allowed to enter private yards during emergency situations. That is why they claim he was not trespassing. Everything beyond that is typical police behavior. Point and click at anything and everything because anything and everything is a threat.

If law enforcement wants to know why things like what happened in Las Vegas happen, they mustn't ignore stories like this one.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC

I'd not convict you if I was in the jury... so YES!

Derek

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JakobeSVT
Story: Police officer entered a private backyard next door to a house that reported a missing 3 year old, looking for the missing toddler. The police officer felt that the dog was going to attack him and shot him once in the head, obviously killing the animal.

I cant imagine how sad this person must feel
the dog was in his own back yard and gets murdered by an intruder is how i look at.

What a sad world we live in if this is seriously LEGAL and ACCEPTABLE behavior! /disgusted

WE GOTTA TAKE THE POWER BACK!!

Link:KSL STORY (Utah)

Started a new thread to discuss the Animal & Livestock Mortality Insurance strategy, to stop LEO's from civilian dog here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

We really need to start punishing cops for things like this. Dogs are protective over their property, and even then 99.9% won't attack you even if you come barging into their yard making lot's of noise.

You can't expect them to just sit down and do nothing when you come onto their turf.

Did this police officer have any bite marks or anything that could prove that he was under an actual threat? A dog barking at you is not good enough probable cause to shoot it.

We really need to start petitions for all of these types of cases. Animal cruelty, especially from cops seems to be on the rise.

I feel terrible for the owner. My dogs have always been just as big of a part of my family as any human family member.

I am not sure what I would do if I was in the same situation, but regardless it wouldn't end well for the cop.

new topics

top topics

join