It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Christ caused 9/11?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Of course 9/11 was a huge tragedy, but if the rapture happened, and the Christian pilots were sucked up to heaven, while the heathens (Muslims,.Jews, etc.) were left on the plane and it crashed into the WTC, wouldn't the Christians be celebrating?

Somewhere over the North Atlantic, aboard a Boeing 747:

Hattie Durhams knees buckled as she tried to speak, and her voice came in a whiny squeal.

"People are missing," she managed in a whisper, burying her head in his chest.

Captain Rayford Steele took her shoulders and tried to push her back, but she fought to stay close. "What do you m?"

She was sobbing now, her body out of control. "A whole bunch of people, just gone!"

"Hattie, this is a big plane. Theyve wandered to the lavs or"

The senior flight attendant pulled his head down so she could speak directly into his ear. Despite her weeping, she was plainly fighting to make herself understood. "Ive been everywhere. Im telling you, dozens of people are missing."

"Hattie, its still dark. Well find"

"Im not crazy! See for yourself! All over the plane, people have disappeared."

"Its a joke. Theyre hiding, trying to"

"Ray! Their shoes, their socks, their clothes, everything was left behind. These people are gone!"

Except from the "Left Behind" series by David E. Horton

How can Christians call their religion a 'religion of peace' when their ultimate goal is to kill all non-believers?

It seems that all religions that come from the Middle East (Christianity, Islam, Judaism) want to kill you for not believing, while the Eastern Asian religions (Hindu, Buddhism, Shintoism, etc) will allow you to live in peace if you don't believe. Why do some religions call for your death if you don't believe? Is it a way to control and scare people that was needed in the Middle East? Is the US government using the same tactics today to control it's populace?

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Well at one point in time the Christians were persecuted, then they turned around and persecuted others....it's a very violent religion anyway you look at it. It teaches peace, love and tolerance, while it's followers have little tolerance for or love for those different than themselves.....it's just not followed the way it is taught at all. "Many" christians use their own bible as an excuse to hate and condemn others.
Interesting theory......

[edit on 12/1/2004 by LadyV]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I don't care if Christ kills me for not believing, or a radical muslim with an AK-47. Either one is wrong.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   

as posted by curme
....their ultimate goal is to kill all non-believers

Quite the blanket statement and assessment, eh Curme? IMHO, when making such absurd wide-ranging blanket statements like the one you have stated, more proofs and evidences need to be brought forth in a fashion that explicitly proves, beyond a shadow of doubt, that any 'religion' seeks or has as an "ultimate goal" the death of non-believers.

Despite past historical recorded 'conflicts', there are multitudes of religions in this world, and they have co-existed for how long? Dude, Again, IMHO, if what you assert and alledge is absolute truth, how come they and their believers continue to thrive and exist up to this day?

The "cry for death", as you so eloquently put it, is an assertion, a mis-guided belief, that is held by only a "handful" (small minority) of religious extremist or zealots. As representative as you may seem to think that they are of their respective religious orientations, they do not represent the whole. Thus, their "crys for death to the unbelievers" is only really heard by a very small minority of believers. The US government is not utilizing the "same tactics" today, and never has.

seekerof

[edit on 1-12-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

as posted by curme
....their ultimate goal is to kill all non-believers

Quite the blanket statement and assessment, eh Curme?

Hey, I don't make the rules. If I don't believe in Christ, he doesn't agree to disagree. He sends me to rot in hell for all eternity, or kills me if he comes back before I die. There is no way to spin that.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
jews have never killed others for not being jewish.

jews and buddhists are the only folks not seeking converts.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   

as posted by Curme
Hey, I don't make the rules. If I don't believe in Christ, he doesn't agree to disagree. He sends me to rot in hell for all eternity, or kills me if he comes back before I die. There is no way to spin that.

And your exemplified 'argument' there verify's or vilifies what, exactly? Furthermore, I assume the above mention is your justification for the asserting of said 'blanket statement'(s)?

seekerof

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Ummm..small correction on that.....we Wiccans do not seek to convert either and we are a recognized religion.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
sorry ladyV, didn't mean to exclude your peeps.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Originally posted by Crakeur

Ummm..small correction on that.....we Wiccans do not seek to convert either and we are a recognized religion.

Really?
so, how organised are you wiccans any way, V?
I mean, who's the head Wiccan(s) of the US?
Always wanted to know that...

[edit on 1-12-2004 by I_AM_that_I_AM]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Of course 9/11 was a huge tragedy, but if the rapture happened, and the Christian pilots were sucked up to heaven, while the heathens (Muslims,.Jews, etc.) were left on the plane and it crashed into the WTC, wouldn't the Christians be celebrating?

How can Christians call their religion a 'religion of peace'
when their ultimate goal is to kill all non-believers?

1 - NO Christians wouldn't be celebrating.

2 - Christians do not have as their ultimate goal to
kill all non-believers.

This thread is so off the wall ..... I don't even know where
to begin to discuss or debunk it.

(BTW - there is no such thing as a Rapture, but that's the
subject of debate for a different thread).

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Curme, hopefully you recognise the horrible inaccuracies in your "statements". Jesus Christ never killed anyone for not believing in him. He won't kill you for not believing.

I think your comparison between christ and a terrorist are ludicrous. Is Jesus salvation? Personally i don't think so, but there are billions of people who do, and they have every right to think you're going to go to hell for not believing that he is.

Jesus as bad as a terrorist with an AK? Well, you may not pay the ultimate price in the end by the hand of christ, but no doubt, a jihadi's gun to the back of your head is a little more certain.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by I_AM_that_I_AM

so, how organised are you wiccans any way, V?
I mean, who's the head Wiccan(s) of the US?
Always wanted to know that...

[edit on 1-12-2004 by I_AM_that_I_AM]

LOL...we have no "head" Wiccan....it's an absurd idea to have to have someone within a faith be "in charge" of it...we are loosely organized. Our Covens do have a high priestess and/or Elders. Witchcraft IS a legally recognized religion and has been since 1985. We feel that the attempted conversion of others is a form of religious bigotry. If one tries to convert another to his/her religion, s/he assumes that the other person's beliefs are not as valid as his/her own. We feel that all paths are equally valid as long as they do not infringe upon the basic civil rights or free will of another. According to our beliefs, it is up to the individual to choose his or her own path. We have nothing to do with Satan, sacrificing anything or anything evil...there are bad people within out faith, just as there are bad chritians/muslims/jews etc...We believe strongly in the three (or nine) fold law of return and our main tenet is "An it harm none, do as though will" meaning you do nothing negative at all to anyone including yourself. You receive back what you put out, positive or negative, three or nine fold...we strive to be better people, tolerant of all living creatures we share the planet with.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Bush says "You are either with us or against us."
Christians say, "Believe in Christ, or face an eternity of pain and suffering."

Sounds like both have an agenda, and it's not pretty.

EDIT: I think radical Christians are a bigger threat to the USA than radical Muslims. I'm so tired of posts by some Christians on the board who mock Islam, when their religion can be twisted, and is being twisted, the exact same way.

[edit on 1-12-2004 by curme]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Again, the symbolic 'correlation(s)' does and/or do not, in any way, justify your allegations of:

How can Christians call their religion a 'religion of peace' when their ultimate goal is to kill all non-believers?

Nor does it justify:

It seems that all religions that come from the Middle East (Christianity, Islam, Judaism) want to kill you for not believing...

seekerof

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I'm so tired of posts by some Christians on the board who mock Islam

So because you tire of someones behavior, you use lies to try and.. what? Make them angry?

Please show me the passage in the bible that states Christians need to kill all non-believers.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder
Please show me the passage in the bible that states Christians need to kill all non-believers.

I never said Christians would do the killing, but the end goal would be the extinction of all non-believers.

What happens if I don't believe in Christ?

a. Go to hell after I die.
B. Be killed and then go to hell if Christ returns in my lifetime.

My death, my pain and suffering, for not believing.

Meanwhile, radical Muslims in the Middle East want my death, my pain and suffering, for not believing.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   

What would it matter? The 144,000 beleivers would be lifted into heaven and the nearly 7 billion other people on the planet would be tortured, humiliated and destroyed until they accepted god, or somethign like that. 911 would be nothing compared to the terrors that are supposed to happen in the tribulation and apocalypse. Sure the christians would be celebrating, the 144,000 that had been taken up in the rapture. What would they care about evil non beleivers, god obviously wants to destroy them, they should too.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Somewhere over the North Atlantic, aboard a Boeing 747:

Hattie Durhams knees buckled as she tried to speak, and her voice came in a whiny squeal.

"People are missing," she managed in a whisper, burying her head in his chest.

Captain Rayford Steele took her shoulders and tried to push her back, but she fought to stay close. "What do you m?"

She was sobbing now, her body out of control. "A whole bunch of people, just gone!"

"Hattie, this is a big plane. Theyve wandered to the lavs or"

The senior flight attendant pulled his head down so she could speak directly into his ear. Despite her weeping, she was plainly fighting to make herself understood. "Ive been everywhere. Im telling you, dozens of people are missing."

"Hattie, its still dark. Well find"

"Im not crazy! See for yourself! All over the plane, people have disappeared."

"Its a joke. Theyre hiding, trying to"

"Ray! Their shoes, their socks, their clothes, everything was left behind. These people are gone!"

Except from the "Left Behind" series by David E. Horton

It seems that all religions that come from the Middle East (Christianity, Islam, Judaism) want to kill you for not believing, while the Eastern Asian religions (Hindu, Buddhism, Shintoism, etc) will allow you to live in peace if you don't believe. Why do some religions call for your death if you don't believe? Is it a way to control and scare people that was needed in the Middle East? Is the US government using the same tactics today to control it's populace?

This is an example of why people should do their homework before they make posts.

The rapture has nothing to do with killing people. The rapture simply involves taking the believers into heaven, while the rest stay on earth. Now, according to the Bible, Christ will then come again, and will take those who have decided to believe in him. NOTHING ABOUT KILLING!

On another note, Christians (at least the ones I know) don't consider muslims, jews, and people of other religions, heathens.

And the 9/11 attacks were hardly a rapture. It was an attack organized by man.

Oh, and the bookLeft Behind is a work of fiction. Get your facts straight!

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   

And actually, if you took the time to understand Christianity, rather than bash it, you'd know that this idea is entirely wrong...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join