It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just quit my job

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I just resigned from my muni job, after 5 years of working nights, hoping to make a good wage enough to get my family things,great benefits and a better life. I havent had more than 5 hour night sleep since i started the job, i have lost my wife, i live by myself and dont get to put my girls to bed anymore.

They promised me better hours, no more shifting my schedule on there need, got myself a permanet position still hoping for better hours, i got told today that my hours where cut and i was to do the week end night shifts, losing 16 hours a week nearly half my wage.

I broke down and said i quit, i felt so angry i wanted to punch someone.

Sad part is i am mad at myself, this is my rant.

Sorry

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

My heart goes out to you. I hope you'll find something better fast and you get your family back.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
I just resigned from my muni job, after 5 years of working nights, hoping to make a good wage enough to get my family things,great benefits and a better life. I havent had more than 5 hour night sleep since i started the job, i have lost my wife, i live by myself and dont get to put my girls to bed anymore.

They promised me better hours, no more shifting my schedule on there need, got myself a permanet position still hoping for better hours, i got told today that my hours where cut and i was to do the week end night shifts, losing 16 hours a week nearly half my wage.

I broke down and said i quit, i felt so angry i wanted to punch someone.

Sad part is i am mad at myself, this is my rant.

Sorry

All I can say is I'm sorry bud, I know what you are going through, been there before and will probably be there again. It's not getting better for the little guy.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Brother, I feel your pain.

I know it's bad right now, but you did what was necessary to get off the rock bottom.

Time to reach down, grab your bootstraps, and lift with all your heart. Don't you dare give up on yourself!!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I can understand why you might feel mad at yourself right now, because I've been there. But the truth is you shouldn't be mad at yourself for leaving a job where you were getting screwed (and it sounds like you were getting screwed there). If you give a company 5 years of your life and do so loyally and they reward you with a slap in the face, You shouldn't be mad at yourself for telling them where to go.

Sometimes life has a funny way of nudging us into better opportunities. I hope this is the start of a new chapter in yours (a much better one, with a job you are valued at). Find out what you would be happy doing, and work towards it. I'm sure you can find something else to pay the bills in the meantime. After being with the same company for 5 years, it shouldn't be too hard to find new work.

God bless.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Thanks for the good words.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I'm sorry to hear that you lost your job. It sounds like your former employers didn't appreciate your hard work. Maybe it's the best that you have moved on. It's a good thing you didn't punch anyone because jail is no walk in the park. Your kids need you. Now might be the time to see if you can go to occupational school to better your job prospects. I see that you live in Western Canada. You think of relocating to Alberta or Saskatchewan? There are lots of jobs in that area. Several friends of mine are thinking of looking for work in Alberta and they have jobs already. And we live in Ontario. Take care and good luck. Believe in yourself. I think you will bounce back.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Listen brother-
We all go through what's known as 'transitions' with our lives. Ok, if you gave it your best shot, then you did your best with it. As long as you keep trying and doing your best, then chances are you'll find a better job, especially if you have a marketable skill set. If jobs are dry in your area then try to connect with people here and see if there is something close by to where you live. It's all about networking man, we can succeed if we can help each other out. Believe me, I know it's difficult and seems like the end of the world, especially with all you've been through but step back and take a day to reorganize yourself. Then hit it again and you can come out on top. The people here generally care for those going through rough times and will do their best to help you get through your tough times. Just look at the replies you've got already! We care! You can build your life up again and the people here will be your support.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
One thing I learned early on in life is don't put a job before family. A wise man once said that no one ever dies wishing they had worked more. Hopefully you learned and can move on to something far better with a brand new perspective.

Good luck my ATS brother.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Damn.

That job was killing you slowly anyway by the sounds of it, and you are under no obligation to allow that to happen. I am sorry that you have lost so much. I hope that you find a manner of employment which better suits your needs, and allows you enough head space to formulate a plan which sees your future brighten with every passing day, and every step along the way.

I wish you the very best of luck in that endeavour.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

I am so sorry things seem so bleak at the moment. Don't be mad at yourself, be mad at your ex employers. It sounds like they were taking advantage of you and well done for standing up for yourself.

Wishing you the best and I hope things get better for you. As many other replies here have said I hope this turns into an opportunity for you and that you find peace and satisfaction and a job you can love.

Most especially it is very sad that the daily grind and need to simply survive by paying bills and stupid things like eating to stay alive has led to the loss of your family. It really shouldn't be like that. We should earn a living to improve our quality of life, not destroy it. I hope that you are able to find the resolution you are hoping for.

All the best.
Mura

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Time for a change anyway. You will find a full time job within the next couple of weeks. Maybe it is a step up, maybe it was time to leave there.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
My husband and I know full well the mental and physical hardships that working nights for an extended period of time wreaks on a person and it almost cost us our marriage. But, I told him to quit and take some time to recover while we tightened out belts, as I continued to work full-time to carry us through. It didn't take him long to recover and because of his vast amount of experience in his chosen trade, he found a job that he really liked in no time. He tells me now that he will never work nights again, as sleep deprivation over an extended period is not worth the sacrifice. They say, if you don't have your health, you don't have anything.
edit on 19-6-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Sometimes, enough is enough. I hope the five years you get will give you the experience you need to open a door somewhere else. Don't let this stop you or get you down. Use it as a step up and the key to open a better door somewhere else. I'm sure most of us have had to do it; now it's your turn. Hang in there, and it will work itself out if you give it a chance.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Thanks guys and gals, thanks for stoping by and cheering up a stranger. Still stressed, but decided to enjoy this rainy day, got the girls to come over instead of going to the babysitter (im usualy sleeping now), doing a cartoon marathon coach surfing with the girls.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

The Chinese use the same word for crisis and for opportunity: "crisitunity".

Very sorry to hear about your predicament, brother. Sometimes life has to hurt before it can heal. You will emerge from this experience a wiser person. Keep on.

top topics

join