It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#BringBackOurHumvee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Saw an article posted about the above mentioned hashtag and was curious if we could validate the claim that Islamic militants captured Equipment given to Iraq and posted a snark photo about it. I have yet to see any credible sources and would like some assistance.

Twitter

Honestly, killers... sure, a*h*... sure, on point with this joke... sure.

*Edit*
Daily Mail
edit on 18-6-2014 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-6-2014 by Antipathy17 because: Multiple edits for attempt at title change.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me much. I thought it was funny that the entire article kept saying humvee. Its HMMWV, we wern't using hummers over there...

Anyways, I suppose the "Iraqi government" could have been transporting a few on flatbeds. Though honestly, those things break down so often that the militants won't be able to run them very long without spare parts. They could cannibalize them I guess.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JJRichey
It wouldn't surprise me much. I thought it was funny that the entire article kept saying humvee. Its HMMWV, we wern't using hummers over there...

Anyways, I suppose the "Iraqi government" could have been transporting a few on flatbeds. Though honestly, those things break down so often that the militants won't be able to run them very long without spare parts. They could cannibalize them I guess.

dude everyone calls them humvees lol... can you spell hmmwv? yea... thats why...

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
What a surreal world we live in. Terrorist organizations have twitter pages and they even upload humorous photos!! Again - this word is absolutely surreal haha cannot believe I am seeing this right now. These ISIS pricks sure think they are hot # huh?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
No doubt they certainly did. They rolled right over the Iraqi military (big surprise, as this one is even less trained and seasoned than the last)....in most cases, the soldiers dropping their equipment and running for the hills.

That's what happens when you fire all the professional soldiers (who are now running with ISIS), and hire a bunch of sheep herders to take their places. This whole situation was inevitable, and the White House knew it....perhaps even COUNTED on it...to keep the military industrial complex rolling along.... who knows?

top topics

join