It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sources: Lois Lerner’s emails likely gone forever

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Great find, I had been looking for something like that for a couple days. This is the first crack in the dam. Lois, are you ready to get wet? 10,000 stars xuenchen
edit on 19-6-2014 by whywhynot because: sp

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

I was a network engineer as a contractor for a Govt agency. Polices like what I speak of are everywhere.
See PCI compliance, SOX and HIPPA as well.

www.irs.gov...

Just a brief view into the IRS regulations.

And these polices are not just adopted by Govt, they are also in place for businesses as well.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: kruphix

Your source

It was seven hard drive crashes, the lack of a centralized archive, a practice of erasing and reusing backup tapes every six months, and an IRS policy of allowing employees to decide for themselves which e-mails constitute an official agency record.

Yet they can't actually validate that. Because of the next statement.

The IRS would not comment publicly on its document retention policies, but information provided to congressional investigators points to systemic problems with records management at the tax agency.

Oh yeah, they have systemic problems alright.

They can't/won't produce evidence to either clear or convict Lois Lerner.

What I hope is that they depose managers down the line asking them "who told you that the drives are unrecoverable and when did they tell you" . If you actually find the tech that supposedly did it you put him/her under oath and ask if it was true that he/she said that. I'd bet that this lower level guy isn''t going to lie and risk time in jail and his/her job.

edit on 20-6-2014 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
After watching Congressman? Ryan and the head of the IRS,,the reason the IRS guy is being so smug is,,no one has asked the most important question of all,,,
DID L. Lerners hard drive crash, BECAUSE of an attack on her system?

ie: was she hacked by someone, who was able too "infect" her system?

by the way "ALL BIOS'S" have built in hard drive checks,,before u even get too desktop,,
so WHY dis her Mutsubishi?? Hard Drive crash, and are u sueing the company that made it???
why not??

or maybe it was an IBM drive? there are not that many.
id sue.
edit on 6/20/2014 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Well, lookie what was found.
www.breitbart.com...

There are backups of the emails, as myself and others within the IT field, and experience in with this in the Govt sector have stated.

All you 0bama supporters and all the Govt apologists, what say you know?

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
How much do you want to bet that if any ordinary citizen ever does anything the IRS wants to punish them for, their information will never just disappear?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join