It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sources: Lois Lerner’s emails likely gone forever

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: teamcommander

It wasn't so much as to who was denied special tax status, but rather the amount of time that the status was granted or denied. Similar to the VA scandal. There is proof that those who were backing this Administration received timely responses. While those who opposed this Administration who applied, well, their paperwork just sat there for a inordinate amount of time. If that's not targeting, and by the way not only illegal, but unethical, then I don't know what is.

I understand that the head of the IRS is a politically appointed position, but what the IRS itself is supposed to do is not supposed to be used as a political tool. And that is exactly what Lerner has done. She should be facing time in prison for her role in this.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex
True, but if he pardons Lerner, then it will be a sticking point for years to come, and the damage that he will have done to the Democratic party, along with all of the things that they stand for will be there for years to come. The old addage comes to mind: Never hand a person a loaded weapon, unless you know where they are going to point it. And in this case, he has given the Republican party plenty of ammunition and the weapon, only thing that remains to see is if they will pull the trigger or hold it. Cause it is only good for about 2 years.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I think we are getting close to a "smidgen".

I think this is a Conspriacy to deny Americans the Right to Assemble.

I think they scrubbed all the evidence that they could find.

The American People will soon realize the Election was a Fraud.

Stolen by bureaucrats for huge bonuses and promotions.

This is the biggest fraud ever committed against the American People.

And that's saying something...

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
You can bet the NSA has multiple copies of every email she ever sent, was CC:ed on, or received directly. Additionally, the server her email was hosted on will have copies, so will the CDN the IRS uses. This is bunk.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

If true, doesn't this imply a vast conspiracy to either eliminate or withhold evidence?

Does it take an act of god to retrieve copies from these other sources?

If you or I were under an investigation, and had emails needed for the investigation, how long would it take them to get the emails assuming they had been lost in a similar way?
edit on 19-6-2014 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Remember with the Obama administration "There is no 'there' there".

So don't go there, you won't find anything.

LOL
That was a classic choke on Obama's part for sure....

More good info on this video too...

Obama On Benghazi Criticism "There Is No There There"

www.youtube.com...

Gasp & Gag

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
They are going to get away with this too, damn I am angry, this is all a lie, those emails are stored somewhere, what about the peopleshe sent them too?

Remember with the Obama administration "There is no 'there' there".

So don't go there, you won't find anything.

lol,

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
we can only hope someone leaks the emails, I don't know how you can get away with this,
edit on 123030p://bThursday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
ALright annonymous ?

Where the hell are you now eh ?

Post them emails.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Then for lack of evidence drop all cases she overlooked. Bring up charges of obstruction of legal proceedings and destruction of evidence against all parties involved. Fire every individual involved and revoke their pensions unless they turn states evidence.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Shouldnt the NSA have all the emails on file???

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It seems like there is some mis-information going on. It isn't just that one hard drive crashed, it is how the IRS stores emails.

From what I've read, they have a very low limit on how many emails an individual can store at one time...something like around 2000 emails. Anyone that uses email for business can tell you that 2000 emails is very small. I probably get 2000 emails in a single month, and that is probably a conservative estimate. Once you hit that limit, your only option is to archive on your hard drive or delete them. So it is possible that if your hard drive crashes, then you will lose older emails. Remember, not all of her emails are missing...they have a large chunk of them...but they think that the smoking gun is in this group of emails that are missing. In my opinion, that is just the GOP wanting to give something for their supporters to cling onto.

The other thing I am hearing in this thread is that they should all be backed up. At one time they probably were, but a backup is not the same as an archive. A backup is a snapshot of the current state of the system to restore to. To save space, many backup systems overwrite older backups with the newer backups. So at any one point you can probably only restore back to a certain point, not the beginning of time. From what I have read, the IRS did not have an electronic archive system that archived everything.

Is it a poor system...yes, but according to all sources I have read...that is what the IRS had. And in a type of system like this, yes, a single hard drive crash could lose locally archived emails forever.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

It seems like there is some mis-information going on. It isn't just that one hard drive crashed, it is how the IRS stores emails.

Then why is the official story that Lois Lerner's hard drive had been 'recycled' after it crashed, and that is why her emails are lost forever.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Government agencies have specific directives on how long emails must be stored, by law.

And.....there are weekly backups performed on ALL Govt agency systems. Those backups are stored off site, by a contracted company for protection against this exact thing.

There are also directives as to when and what time frames MUST be adhered to, in regards to reusing network/PC equipment.

So. Calling BU11$1T on the IRS and the Admin is a major understated phrase.

The IRS is trying to get rid of evidence, plain and simple. And it is obvious.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Then why is the official story that Lois Lerner's hard drive had been 'recycled' after it crashed, and that is why her emails are lost forever.

I guess you didn't read the rest of my post that explains why.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Government agencies have specific directives on how long emails must be stored, by law.

And.....there are weekly backups performed on ALL Govt agency systems. Those backups are stored off site, by a contracted company for protection against this exact thing.

There are also directives as to when and what time frames MUST be adhered to, in regards to reusing network/PC equipment.

So. Calling BU11$1T on the IRS and the Admin is a major understated phrase.

The IRS is trying to get rid of evidence, plain and simple. And it is obvious.

Really? And you have proof of all of this?

Please show me the IRS regulations or policies that confirm everything you just stated. Or are you just making things up on the fly with no supporting sources?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
a reply to: teamcommander

It wasn't so much as to who was denied special tax status, but rather the amount of time that the status was granted or denied. Similar to the VA scandal. There is proof that those who were backing this Administration received timely responses. While those who opposed this Administration who applied, well, their paperwork just sat there for a inordinate amount of time. If that's not targeting, and by the way not only illegal, but unethical, then I don't know what is.

I understand that the head of the IRS is a politically appointed position, but what the IRS itself is supposed to do is not supposed to be used as a political tool. And that is exactly what Lerner has done. She should be facing time in prison for her role in this.

Well, you are right about the "political appointment" part. She was appointed by GWBush.
As far as the length of time these applications were held up; had the applicants known what they were doing they would have simply "declared" themselves as a tax exempt social group- 501-C3, and waited for the IRS to present a challange at the end of their fiscal year. Every one which has ever declared such has been allowed to date.
Also since there was never a "stay" placed upon their receiving any donations, they have very little room to cry about any delays in their applications processing.

All in all, it looks more and more like a witch hunt. After you take a real look at the true situation, there is less and less to look at.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I'd like to know your source for your information, please.

Many of us have experience with government systems, .gov sites, .gov email, .gov systems.

It stinks to high heaven!

But if you have credible sources, I'm sure we'd all like to see them.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

You mean like this:

GENERAL RECORDS SCHEDULE 20 
Electronic Records

This schedule provides disposal authorization for certain electronic records and for specified paper, microform, or other hard copy records that are integrally related to the electronic records.

This schedule applies to electronic records created or received by Federal agencies including those managed for agencies by contractors. It covers records created by computer operators, programmers, analysts, systems administrators, and all personnel with access to a computer. 

GRS 20 does not cover all electronic records. Disposition may not be carried out for electronic records not covered by GRS 20 unless authorized by a Standard Form (SF) 115, Request for Records Disposition Authority, that has been approved by the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). The records covered by several items in this schedule are authorized for erasure or deletion when the agency determines that they are no longer needed for administrative, legal, audit, or other operational purposes.

14.   Electronic Mail Records.

Senders' and recipients' versions of electronic mail messages that meet the definition of Federal records, and any attachments to the record messages after they have been copied to an electronic recordkeeping system, paper, or microform for recordkeeping purposes.

Delete from the e-mail system after copying to a recordkeeping system. (N1-GRS-95-2 item 14)

[NOTE: Along with the message text, the recordkeeping system must capture the names of sender and recipients and date (transmission data for recordkeeping purposes) and any receipt data when required. (N1-GRS-95-2 item 14 Note)]

National Archives and Records Administration
General Records Schedules

?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Sure, you can find it on most of the articles about this topic, but here is one that covers most of the things I talked about...just the first one I found.

www.usatoday.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join