It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darpa Brain Chips to Implant False Memories

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Scientists are heralding the beginning of a “golden age” where minds could be manipulated to function better, although LeDoux acknowledges that ethical implications include the possibility that the application of the technology could lead to the creation of “fearless monsters.”

DARPA’s push for brain chips that could erase or implant memories takes on a somewhat sinister tone given the organization’s prior advocacy of edible “authentication microchips” and electronic tattoos that can read a person’s mind.

Darpa Brain Chips to Implant False Memories

Ridicule is the standard reaction for the discussion of mind manipulation technologies, but these sort of things have been going on for a long, long time, and the evidence exists from scientific studies in the public forum. It is not solely the realm of science fiction or the "conspiracy nut". The general population prefers to believe that thoughts are so sacred, they cannot be altered. Well, they can, and here is the latest science in that regard. Make no mistake, methodologies of mind manipulation are varied, and well tested, from microwave manipulation to hypnosis, religious and cult coercion, indoctrination, psychotropic drugs...

And now, we have chips that can erase or add memories (according to article / DARPA). I am quickly reminded of the Aurora massacre.

Hold that image and you have the 24-year old neuroscience doctoral candidate, James Holmes, a young man with several links to the U.S. government research Salk Institute involved in neurologically enhancing soldiers’ abilities on the battlefield, and with connections to DARPA

Read the original source: www.unknowncountry.com...

Let's think about that. Now, DARPA has implant chips that can erase or add memories. I'm not sure how sophisticated these chips may or may not be, but we can only conclude that even if they aren't sophisticated now, they soon will be.

For further current scientific thoughts on memory manipulation, read this article and linked articles:

MIT Technology Review - Hacking the Soul

Researchers are exploring provocative questions about what memory fundamentally is—and how it might be manipulated. Some scientists are tweaking the brains of lab rats in order to implant false memories or remove specific memories.

While we will quickly see the very negative implications of such technology, there are some possible positive uses for it as well - such as improving memory or helping those with some brain disorders. In my opinion though, the negatives in a society such as ours outweigh the positive aspects in this case.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
You may be interested in this TEDx Talk. Memory modification "on the fly", no chips required.

edit on 18-6-2014 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
There are people out there who would like nothing better than to control all of us. So creating this technology is not even a paranoid issue. WHEN, not if, they create this there will be hundreds of people lining up to buy it.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Almost any technology can be circumvented, not to mention that if such chips can be detected in a person then that tells you almost immediately they are not to be trusted at all. They want to control our view of history, mostly for their benefit, by controlling our memories they can then "erase" certain parts of history they don't want people to know about.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Remember Dark City?

The Big O anime a while back?

This is straight out of scifi.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

how could i forget dark city?
..had to shave my head & eyebrows, dress up like an alien and make insect noises O_o
(the things we do for money..)

i didn't realize all this stuff at the time, but it certainly makes sense all these years later..
what a strange new world we seem to be heading into

..none of it really matters if there's eternal sunshine in your spotless mind

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
This wont be a popular opinion but if i could have anything to take away my childhood memories of abuse id live a better life thats for damn sure.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
All consciousness is innately flawed, sir! DARPA isjust fixing us. We should be thanking them. After all, we are not each unique beings, we are programmable robots that, due to a glitch, are unable to think in a certain and perfect way. Imagine a world where we all think perfect thoughts, the same thoughts, all of us.

Thank you DARPA, money well spent. /sarcasm.

DALLAS, March 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Fred Spagnoletti, who after retiring 12 years ago as President of a group of international aerospace companies, began studying the mind and memory processes of modern humans.

Spagnoletti explains, "The flaw discovered in the DNA of every modern human works just like a virus does in a computer program. Triggered by certain characteristics of our knowledge preexisting at the time, our brain, due to the flaw, discards very specific conflicting knowledge in our conscious mind and memory, and causes our remaining knowledge on the respective subject to be one-sided and incomplete. A more accurate description of our remaining knowledge on the respective subject is that it is wrong, and it leads us to conclusions that are wrong, as well as to decisions that are wrong.

The flaw manifests itself without disclosing itself, i.e. it leaves no evidence whatsoever of what has been done. That happens because once our brain has discarded specific information from our conscious mind and memory, we can't remember 'what we don't remember' (the discarded information), or even that any information had vanished. That is the reason why the flaw is so dangerous, as well as the reason why it wasn't discovered before now."

www.prnewswire.com...
ed it on 6/18/2014 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Fast forward 3,000 years - if we're still around - and we'll be a maze of engineering both inside and out. Human-driven evolution.

If they could be here now, they'd be saddened by how primitive and uncontrolled we're. Uncivilized. Uneducated. Disordered. Diseased. The only thing stopping them from thinking we're animals is we're them.

So back into their time travel machine they'd go. Eager to move on.

That's reality. Same thing happens with the animals of Earth. We love them and pity them. They rape each other. They get diseased. They're wild and stupid. They're oblivious to it. But in the bigger scheme, we're animals too. And we're every bit as oblivious as animals are to our own nature.

Animals are going through the same thing we're. So are the demi-gods out there who've looked down on Earth and loved us and pitied us.
edit on 18-6-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
This topic right here, is IMO one of the Top 3 most important 'conspiracies' out there. Brain manipulation technology exists people! Microwave brain altering technology has been around since the 60's for gods sake!! The 60's people!

Imagine how far this technology has came in 50 years?? I have absolutely no doubt DARPA has numerous fully functioning mind control/mind altering/thought planting devices already in full working order. I guarantee you they are testing these things as well - ahem 'Targeted Individuals' come to mind.

This is straight out of the movies, absolutely terrifying, and it is tech which is old and certain to have been perfected or close to it.

And yet, it seems to me from my experience 90% of EVEN CONSPIRACY THEORISTS dismiss these things and facts completely! Sure hope that is a coincidence is all i can say...

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

And what can anyone do about it if what you say is true? Nothing. I have already too many things I fear in life. Everyday people have a list only so long beyond which they will break. Honestly, even if you were right, it's ridiculous to expect people to know. We're all too tired.

And I don't think this stuff has been around for long. DARPA is doing the latest, or trying. Have you seen the PETMAN? They may have been making or experimenting with chips that could be potentially inserted in a rat brain in the 1990's, but that's rats or mice, not humans.

A taste of things in the past 5-10 years:

edit on 18-6-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I'm more concerned about where are the hackers? Everything has a hack, so where are the folks who have already cracked this and come up with work-arounds? How can you tell if you have a chip and how do you disable it?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Total Recall. Phillip K. Dick said it best. Flow my tears the policeman said.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Hmmm. "Fearless monsters". Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Sounds cooool, sign me up

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
One of hypnotherapy's tools is the implantation of a false memory to override a fear after something like a bad accident, a mugging etc.

When training, several other students didn't want to do this despite knowing the reasons for its rare use. It is something that cgoes against the idea of opening and releasing information/blockages so it does feel weird and many therapists rarely if ever resort to this application.

The idea of artificial brain chips is horrible and manipulative by the individual who will take over control of the human robot. It also takes us one step closer to becoming computer controlled and I can see the road down which we will inevitably travel into bionic suits and be just a brain-thype control centre which is rob us of our humanity. (Not that I wouldn't like a suit to take away the pain of bad arthritis), but…. and its a biggy but!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

And now, we have chips that can erase or add memories (according to article / DARPA). I am quickly reminded of the Aurora massacre.

They might already have the technology in order to erase or add recent memories of someone's past.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Looking on the positive side of things...this kind of technology could have amazing applications!

Remember the matrix? We could probably implement advanced knowledge with a memory technology like this.
Years worth of knowledge and experience right off the bat.

We could be expanding the know limit of our brains, we could be living a lifetime of experience in a matter of seconds, we could!...

We could be living on of those virtual lives right now...

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I strongly suspect we have had the ability to erase and implant memories in one form or another for sometime now considering what "they" managed to accomplish with programs like MKUltra. And that had its beginnings in the 1950s. Star and flag for an interesting thread all the same.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

If configured into some biological mimicking part the outcomes could be unfathomable if misused for many wouldn't know they ingested it... Hope they are careful with this technology.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join