It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Bigfoot encounter..

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLegend
a reply to: Moresby

I have dozens of photos but trying to get top quality ones was proven so difficult in the first months of hardcore Squatching that I gave up. There is something odd about their ability to "know" certain things. I've concluded they can see infrared light which makes filming a bitch since they're most active at night.

Here's a good photo in my personal album. Snapped it from my house. Still had to zoom 20x and contrast tho.
i1207.photobucket.com...
Here's the original. i1207.photobucket.com...
And it moving its head. s1207.photobucket.com...

Also took some photos of an old U.S. special forces training map for the Pacific Northwest that the BFR0 investigator brought over.
i1207.photobucket.com...
You can see Sasquatch is one of the dangerous animals they might encounter.
i1207.photobucket.com...

I've coexisted with them without borthering them for almost 3 years now. Guests that leave my house late at night have been prone to have experiences with them checking them out tho. Especially girls/women. Not joking.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLegend

The photos show nothing!

Your really living out this fantasy aren't you?

Again , no solid evedince , just a story...

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

I know you're expecting and wanting crisp video of them or some substantial proof, but after months of attempting I stopped trying hard to prove something I already know exists. Anyone in this situation would realize 1) that doesn't make sense to do (unless you care far more about what others think than yourself) and 2) even if I wasted hundreds of hours, tons of energy, and money on professional equipment to get a perfect video, people would just cry hoax.

It's a no win situation unless I killed one and had a body, which I'm not going to try.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Thanks for this thread. It brings up a memory I and a few friends had one night. I don't have pictures or didn't see anything, but it is a good, true story.

I grew up in the Eastern part of Tennessee, near the Smoky Mountains. I was around 16 yrs old and my friends and I would camp out there by the Little River, as it is called. We camped out every weekend during school time and more during the summer. We had different places we would camp, too.

Anyways, one of my friends had a book about Bigfoots and that was the first I had learned about Bigfoot. It talked about certain things that happen when a Bigfoot is around. It said that when a Bigfoot was around, all of the sounds from the wildlife, i.e., crickets, etc would stop. Then it said a very foul smell would appear.

So, one night during summer, my friends and I were camping by the river, doing our usual things, like fishing for catfish, eating Beanie Weanies from a can, etc. We were sitting there and all of the crickets and katydids stopped. If you know East Tennessee, you know the crickets and katydids are always singing at night. We noticed this and looked around. Nothing we could see, but thought it was odd. Then a horrible smell came to us. We got spooked. We ran back to my house and slept there that night.

I don't have pics and didn't see anything, but very weird things happened that night that scared us. Things that don't just happen. This happened around 1987.

I later did research about that incident when the internet came around and found out that there were sightings of a bigfoot not far from where we were. In some city nearby...there were photos of a bigfoot and smaller children. That was back around 1994-5 ish.

Anyways...it was a cool memory brought up by this post. I cannot confirm, nor deny it was a Bigfoot, but certainly, weird things happened that never happen on it's own in East Tennessee.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLegend

I know you're expecting and wanting crisp video of them or some substantial proof, but after months of attempting I stopped trying hard to prove something I already know exists. Anyone in this situation would realize 1) that doesn't make sense to do (unless you care far more about what others think than yourself) and 2) even if I wasted hundreds of hours, tons of energy, and money on professional equipment to get a perfect video, people would just cry hoax.

It's a no win situation unless I killed one and had a body, which I'm not going to try.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for adding your personal experiences. They've been a pleasure to read. I have learned in my life .. that TRUTH is stranger than any FICTION.

Ive often wondered if some of us are more "in tune" with strange things, things out of the ordinary that most would just shrug off and continue blissfully along. Id like to think that more of us would "look behind the curtain"... but Ive come to understand that some people cannot accept things they cannot explain and their brain discards the data as to not shut down the system.

There has always been a stigma put on people who report sighting "strange things". Be it UFO's, ghosts, bigfoot, aliens, Nessie... whatever it may be. It takes courage to stand up and share your experiences.. so I applaud you. It helps others who have had legitimate sightings and or encounters, whatever they may have been.. to understand that the world IS an amazing.. beautiful and incredible place. The more open your eyes and your mind... the more you will see.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to Alter-Ego

Ah, as usual those with a bigfoot experience obviously know it all. A special club. No critique permissible lol. Never heard that before...

A fascinating phenomena. It's been happening in different cultures around the world for a long time, long before the US was ever thought of. Though the modern pop culture/carnival sideshow phenomenon of bigfoot in the US is fascinating. It seems the Yeti captured the imagination, some sensationalist coverage of a few hoaxes, reinterpret the odd native myth and off you go.

The belief is understandable as it seems such experiences do happen (for whatever reason), which is fascinating.

The industry around such things seems more obvious though and I highly doubt the people who have spent any amount of time looking into it, still really believe. You can't go on misinterpreting bush noises/broken trees/sticks, looking at fakes (or even creating some!) and pretending bigfoot exists, forever. It looks more like some fantasy story telling/role playing game, "pretend"for adults. After all, who doesnt like a campfire story? I't seems scientists can also fit right in. Not so much for the science, but to set rules for which type of pseudo science and hoaxing is permissible etc.

The sociological and scientific (via neuroscience/cognitive sciences) possibilities are fascinating. Even the paranormal ones, for those that way inclined (not so much for those that already understand it all, of course). The only thing that seems obvious, there is no physical, biological bigfoot.

edit on 22-6-2014 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLegend
Your pics give explanation for bigfoot, that no amount of words could ever do.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: urmenimu

I believe you experienced those events but, (and this is a big but), you do mention in your story that you were thinking then you heard a "loud angry voice" respond in your own head!

Would it be fair to say that given you heard voices shortly prior to the events described, you may well have been undergoing a period of impaired psychological function?

A common panic attack can impair psychological function to the point of subjects losing touch with reality so I wonder how many anxiety attacks occur WHILST people are in the woods?

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

There are studies that link simple sub clinical levels of depression and adhd to such things. As everyone suffers things like depression at times, it also seems anyone could potentially experience bigfoot in the right circumstances. Whether it would be a real creature, being another thing entirely. No doubt it would seem like it.

There are all sorts of other possibilities due to the way our perception works, that also make it possible, in otherwise normal healthy people. As was mentioned before, there could even be of evolutionary benefit to it (from when we did live from day to day with predators).

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cogito, Ergo Sum
reply to Alter-Ego

Ah, as usual those with a bigfoot experience obviously know it all. A special club. No critique permissible lol. Never heard that before...

Im sorry, I did not suggest that people who have actually seen a Bigfoot "know it all" or that its a "special club". I would never want to make someone, feel "less than" or "left out" and would certainly not deny you or anyone for that matter a proper critique!! Alas.. that's not what this thread is about... This thread was created to share information. I do not need "approval". I do not need "disapproval". Im not asking anyone who hasn't seen a bigfoot, to believe..

Truth be told, there are times I wish I wouldn't have seen it. I wasn't looking for bigfoot... I was looking forward to going fishing, something I was not able to do that day because of the sighting. The thought of "bigfoot" never even came to my mind until I actually saw the manifestation or creature or whatever it was, and that was the only word to describe it. I am an artist, so thankfully I was able to reproduce what I saw onto paper.. many people do not have that ability or outlet. I felt it (for whatever reason?) important to share with others who may have seen something similar and not have the ability to articulate or accurately document their "experience".

I agree the phenom is fascinating. I do believe there is more to it that most common theories.. I have left my personal conclusions of what I feel the phenomenon is or represents as to not bias the data I am presenting. With lack of current, hard evidence, had I not actually seen this thing.. I can honest say I would NOT believe either... but I DID see it, so what does one do with that...?

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Alter-Ego

Fair enough. I do actually believe you.

but Ive come to understand that some people cannot accept things they cannot explain and their brain discards the data as to not shut down the system.

Seemed rather dismissive, apologies if I was mistaken. I didn't see you as needing approval, nor did I feel the need to offer it. It is common to talk to 'footers who assume anyone who is skeptical, is simply ignorant and has neither experience nor an open mind. That might not be so, again, sorry if I misunderstood. It is possible to be skeptical of the fantasy, commercial opportunism and charlatanry surrounding this subject, while accepting the subject itself.

but I DID see it, so what does one do with that...?

Try to find out why, look four understanding? Sadly it is unlikely to be found in the popular bigfoot culture.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Cogito, Ergo Sum

I find skepticism actually refreshing and important. Once you've "seen" something.. it cannot be "un-seen". That applies across the board I think and through every genre'.

Once the hedge of innocence is lifted and the search for answers begin.. therein lies the real questions.. what mechanism is in place be it natural or supernatural, that initiates these and other unexplainable phenomenon? Are they normal occurrences.. right place right time? Or is there something even more elusive behind the scenes.. than the actual sighting subject itself?

Thought provoking for me... my search for answers have evolved from is there a bigfoot type being out there... to what IS this being or manifestation? Or more to the point.. what is intelligent processes or entities producing these and other phenomenon? Normal or para-normal... good skepticism is healthy, necessary and important. Thanks for your thoughts and input.
edit on 22-6-2014 by Alter-Ego because: For reasons that will become apparent after contemplation..

edit on 22-6-2014 by Alter-Ego because: .

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

The photo from the Special Forces manual is very interesting. You have an illustration of a large ape right in between a badger and a porcupine, as if it is just a common critter.
i1207.photobucket.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I mean this as no disrespect to the OP, just a general comment with all paranormal sightings.

When I read a story like this...that is what I think...it is a story. It is written in the format of fiction, too many little details...too much expressiveness...too much drama and just in general too much of a made up story.

The stories I tend to believe are "Holy crap, I saw something I can't explain...I don't remember much about it because I was so startled everything else was just a blur".

I get suspicious when it gets into details about little things...how the air smelled...exactly what the person was hearing, wearing, holding...the cliché "hair on the back of my neck stood up" ( I don't even have hair on my neck).

I read a lot of online fictional "horror" stories...they all have this same feeling to them.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Thanks for your post. Guess the only thing I can say to you is...

originally posted by: Alter-Ego
TRUTH is stranger than any FICTION.

Hope you have an experience one day that will ring true for you.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Thanks for your post. Guess the only thing I can say to you is...

TRUTH is stranger than any FICTION.

Hope you have an experience one day that will ring true for you.

I have experienced plenty...even the paranormal is fairly mundane.

We don't live in a movie or a book, reality is much less exciting than people want to pretend.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Just so I understand... what is it exactly that youre trying to add to the discussion?

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
DISCLAIMER:

I realize that my brand of word-smithing is not for everyone. I apologize for that. I am just trying to relay events as they happened to me. Also understanding I am not shooting a movie about it, using words to describe the event, I have tried to be as descriptive as possible (even drew a picture) to try and communicate what happened to me as best I can through this media. If I have been too descriptive for some people rest assured that my intent is not diabolical nor misleading... in fact just the opposite. So if it seems too detailed for you to believe... then simply don't. You CANNOT please everyone.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
I mean this as no disrespect to the OP, just a general comment with all paranormal sightings.

When I read a story like this...that is what I think...it is a story. It is written in the format of fiction, too many little details...too much expressiveness...too much drama and just in general too much of a made up story.

The stories I tend to believe are "Holy crap, I saw something I can't explain...I don't remember much about it because I was so startled everything else was just a blur".

I get suspicious when it gets into details about little things...how the air smelled...exactly what the person was hearing, wearing, holding...the cliché "hair on the back of my neck stood up" ( I don't even have hair on my neck).

I read a lot of online fictional "horror" stories...they all have this same feeling to them.

So, let me get this clear, the paranormal sightings that impress you are the ones where the individual doesn't know what he saw and cannot remember any details about it?

Okay ....

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join