It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fall of Iraq - What You Aren't Being Told

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The most important thing to realize from this astute video is Wesley Clark’s words about the agenda to destabilize all those Arab countries.

Clark is no Alex Jones conspiracy theorist but a mainstream General.

This is vital to understand since we rarely get truth from the MSM or people like Clark.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
As for this talk of " war of civilizations"

There need not be any “war of civilizations”

Christianity and Islam and Judaism for that matter are practically the same save a few words here or there.

It’s only a few religious gangsters in the Middle East and a few political gangster neocon and neo liberals in the West who want a “war of civilization”

It was and is a bogus term.

They know it therefore LIKELY (I can’t prove this) some western political gangsters are trying to create a viable enemy where in Islam there really is none, just a few nutty religious gangsters.

How’s there a war of civilizations with Christianity and Islam when the most populous and powerful Muslim countries Indonesia and Turkey ARE CLOSE ALLIES TO THE WEST. Not to mention Saudi Arabia and Egypt.

There is no war…its BS, a few lunatics from the west and the east, people who should be in a mental institution or jail who want some “ war of civilizations” between religious people whose only difference is semantics of Gods names.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: neo96
Seriously blaming the GD US ?
The US ?
The US 'weakened' Syria ?
That is where I stopped.
Because it was GD Saudi Arabia, and Qatar, and other Sunni friendly ME countries who supplies AQ.

And why do these countries (its the Wahhabism that's the issue, not the Sunnism, btw) have any juice whatsoever?
How about Western oil companies? It begins with oil...it'll end with oil. Don't let your patriotism blind you.

And specifically, what about Western oil companies? What do they get out of the Middle East?

Nothing.

The big producers, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Kuwait and Iran all have monopoly, national oil producers. Oil servicing firms? Perhaps a little bit, but not that profitable as the national oil companies keep most of the profit. Saudi Aramco is highly technically capable.

The Western oil companies are producing in Africa, North and South America.
edit on 18-6-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

a reply to: Euphem

The only difference the US can make with the fighting that has been going on in the middle east for thousands of years would be to just completely wipe them all out

I prefer this solution:

That Islam institutes a separation of church and state instead.

Since their religious, and political beliefs is a marriage made in hell of death,destruction, and fascism.

And finally come out of the dark ages.

Well that's awfully idealistic don't you think? What do you feel the chances of this happening in the next 200 years are? I'm going to say slim to none. You are right about one thing: Both Shia and Sunni extremists want the whole world to kneel under the yoke of Sharia law. That much we agree on. But hoping they will ever see the light of reason? Ridiculous pipe dream.

If you leave them to their own devices, they will come here. If not to plot terror, then to breed into western society until they have the numbers to take over (already happening in the UK). If you kill them over there, you make martyrs out of them, and 10 more will take up arms for every corpse created (a lot like cockroaches in that respect). There is no solution. This is how it all ends, and at the end of it, there will only be Muslims or Christians standing. Whose world would you rather live in?

BTW, don't get your panties in a knit because someone had the audacity to point the finger at the U.S for it's meddling. You seem like a smart enough guy to call a spade a spade, and the U.S has funded muslim extremists to further it's own geopolitical agendas in the past.

They did it in Iran, they did it in Afghanistan, they did it in Iraq, Syria, Libya, and just about everywhere else in the ME. Look at Saudi Arabia, one of the biggest exporters of terrorism in the world, yet the U.S never puts any sort of pressure on them. Why do you think that is? Are you honestly going to tell me Iraq would be in its current state if the U.S hadn't of invaded it in the first place? Come on.

edit on 18-6-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
"If the U.S. honestly wants to stop the spread of Islamic terrorism, then they should stop funding and arming Jihadists in Syria. That would be a good starting point don't you think?"

Not just in Syria
The US needs to halt all financial aid to other countries, insurgents, peace groups
All of em, that will make the decision process easy as to who still gets $ and who don't.
The U.S. should also stop trying to make things difficult for certain countries with their financial sanctions

The embassies should be closed, and U.S. citizens told to return home.

Now, if Iraq wants to "hire" the U.S. to bomb specific regions, I'd think that would be very fine.
Use their intelligence, and their money to make those choices.

But that probably isn't a ver P.C. statements. And I know the first suggestion won't happen....
Soooo
Let the religion of peace have its way. It appears many Iraqi's feel they would rather have Sunni leaders under Sharia law than Shia leaders under a democracy.

Let the people have what they want
If they decide later that was a bad decision, then they can ask the world for help again.
Maybe by then the almost 100 year old United Nations will have its stuff together that it can step in and do what it was made for
U.S World Police

Please
edit on 18-6-2014 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: tom.farnhill
a reply to: Brotherman

American government war machine is no different than the old post cold war Russian , and when they collapsed with all their nuclear weapons everyone was saying the same thing ( look at all those weapons thats going to end up in the hands of terrorists ) but it did not happen .

even terrorists know that no one is going benefit from a nuclear war .

did it ever occur to you that those missing nukes never made it to terrorists hands and more then likely ended up in a disposal facility in Utah. I bet if ISIS or AQ or any said group in Africas wild regions got one, it would have been used. Problem is, is the people technically (the people with the g2 or brains) that can make a timed firing device for them would never get paid also eliminating that aspect but if that fell through if they had one make no mistake it would be used. A nuke going off anywhere whether a city or in an unihabited desert without a government recognition would be such a huge deal it may fracture the world. Russia does have missing nukes and they did go on the black market along with ICBM/Space capable launch tech. I wonder who bought it? Bet you it is in a disposal facility in the USA.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
“All warfare is based on deception.” ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

“Manufacturing Consent”: Bernard-Henri Lévy, the “New Philosopher” Selling Military Adventures of the Global Elite
source: www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
Here's a transcript for those, like me who can't view the video.

scgnews.com...

Thanks

Here's a snippet that says it all in a nutshell

It's the classic formula Problem, Reaction, Solution.

They created the problem, they are letting the public react and build up outrage, and then they are going to propose a "solution" that will sow the seeds for another generation of conflicts.

edit on 18-6-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
to: seasoul

That video just about says it all, well done. Star worthy indeed

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
These wars in the Middle East have all had the blessings of the Saudi Royal family too. It seems they benefit from the chaos around them by interrupting oil production of other nations making their own more valuable.

I love my country but I despise our foreign policy and the lying pack of jackals that have led us in to these endless wars and created so much suffering. Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria - all in ruins. Pakistan, Egypt, Somalia, Yemen and the Sudan are all in varying states of chaos thanks to our "help".

The US is responsible for creating the conditions for Muslims worldwide to join in Jihad. We have kicked off a holy war against - ourselves! It keeps the military industrial/spying complex chugging right along and oil prices high.

It's time for an intervention at home to restore sanity, decency and some sense of morality to our national character. Sooner or later these birds will come home to roost and America will be a smoldering ruin.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

The US ?

That is where I stopped.

Because it was GD Saudi Arabia, and Qatar, and other Sunni friendly ME countries who supplies AQ.

I'll agree it's not just the US, but it is many different western nations. Have many western nations not been supporting the rebels in their effort to take down the Syrian regime? Have we not sided with a bunch of rag tag "freedom fighters" under some delusional belief that they are "freedom fighters" who seek democracy, when what they really want is to enforce sharia law exactly like they have done in Libya. I have no idea how so many people are unable to see these OBVIOUS facts, maybe they'd just prefer to live in denial. The US and other western nations are directly responsible for what is happening in Iraq, without our support they wouldn't have gotten so far, they would have been stamped out in Libya and Syria before they could become so powerful and gain so much battle experience. But since the western world has decided to side with these extremists for so long they have now become a serious threat. Wake up and smell the # neo.
edit on 18/6/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
It very well may be ISIS has the support of Israel/USA
to create the conditions for a conflict with/within Iran
they couldn't get it done from Syria, so why not Iraq.

edit on 18-6-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Been to Iraq. Saw the truth myself. This video is basically spot on. Also, had a turp from Michigan who was a sheriff there, but he was born in Iraq--he grew up during Iraq's industrial high-times (70's). Iraqi's sure had a different take on what we collectively call "history." What we saw in Iraq was essentially research & development (R&D) for America's flagship consumerist state-sponsored profit-driven product: a foray on truth. I bear witness. Iraq is what neocolonialism looks like. The people know the bitter truth, but the lies are far sweeter.

But what does this old NCO and officer know anyhow, eh? The game is rigged, folks.

"The Eagle and the Arrow

AN EAGLE was soaring through the air when suddenly it heard the whizz of an Arrow, and felt itself wounded to death. Slowly it fluttered down to the earth, with its life-blood pouring out of it. Looking down upon the Arrow with which it had been pierced, it found that the haft of the Arrow had been feathered with one of its own plumes. “Alas!” it cried, as it died,“WE OFTEN GIVE OUR ENEMIES THE MEANS FOR OUR OWN DESTRUCTION.”

Æsop. (Sixth century B.C.)"
edit on 18-6-2014 by irak33 because: parallelism

edit on 18-6-2014 by irak33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The video did make one interesting point for me and that is that the latest incursion by the jihadis into Iraq can be seen as just another way for the State Department to put the bombing of Syria back on the agenda. The previous attempts to blame the Syrian government for gas attacks on its own people failed. Despite its Syrian opposition, the Assad government enjoys too much support among native Syrians to be easily toppled, even with the importation of jihadis from across the Arab world.

However the MSM in Toronto has been telling me that difficulties in Iraq, caused by the jihadis, are driving up gas prices at the pump. That is the kind of news that gets people's attention in North America and makes them very complacent about how the government solves the problem, as long as they do solve the problem.

Very sneaky.

Personally, I think that down the road the State Department would like to see a Kurdish state overlapping Iraq, Syria, Turkey and Iran's Kurdish zones. I think they would like to take western (oil rich) Iran out of the hands of the mullahs and put it into the hands of Kurdish and Azerbaijani allies.

The jihadis will be crushed after being used, in the process of achieving all of this. My two cents worth.

edit on 18-6-2014 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-6-2014 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This video really helps explain a lot imo. I've posted it several times in the last few years but it's still as relevant as ever. It helps one to understand the roots of these rebel uprisings and how the western world has supported them and helped to create their own worste enemy.

video.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

Personally, I think that down the road the State Department would like to see a Kurdish state overlapping Iraq, Syria, Turkey and Iran's Kurdish zones. I think they would like to take western (oil rich) Iran out of the hands of the mullahs and put it into the hands of Kurdish and Azerbaijani allies.

Why shouldn't the Kurds have their own nation? I hear so much talk around here about how the Jews are squatting on Palestinian land but never much of a peep about the Kurds and the fact their ancestral lands have been carved up by 4 different countries?

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a Kurdish state born in the region. I don't think that is the end goal however, or the U.S would have done more to prop the Kurds up over the last 2 decades. Instead, they left them to the wolves while simultaneously promising them support.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

The US ?

That is where I stopped.

Here read all about ISIS.

en.wikipedia.org...

Equipment ISIS has captured and currently use American weapons, vehicles and uniforms in their operations. ISIS members have been seen wearing the standard U.S. Army Combat Uniform along with the Interceptor body armor. For night raids, the AN/PVS-7 night vision goggles worn with PASGT helmets are used. Some of the weapons include M16 rifles, M4 carbines, M203 grenade launchers, M60 machine guns, M240 machine guns and RPGs. Some of the vehicles include Humvees, MRAPs, M113 APCs and several T-55 tanks. During the 2014 Northern Iraq offensive, ISIS raided an Iraqi Army base and captured numerous Type 59-1 artillery guns, DShK guns mounted on trucks and several ZU-23-2 anti-aircraft guns.[80][81] When ISIS captured Mosul Airport in June 2014, a number of UH-60 Blackhawk helicopters and cargo planes that were stationed there were seized.[82][83] However, according to Peter Beaumont of the Guardian, it seems unlikely that they would be able to deploy them because they do not have trained pilots in their ranks.[84]

And here:

n mid-2014, Iraqi intelligence extracted information from an ISIS operative which revealed that the organization had assets worth $2bn,[66] reputedly making them the richest jihadist group in the world.[67] About three quarters of this $2bn came from assets seized after the group captured Mosul in June 2014, including perhaps $429 million looted from Mosul's central bank as well as a large quantity of gold bullion.[68] That will "buy a whole lot of Jihad", regional analyst Brown Moses wrote on Twitter, adding, "For example, with $429 million, ISIS could [recruit and] pay 60,000 fighters around $600 a month for a year."[68] ISIS has routinely practised extortion, by demanding money from truck drivers and threatening to blow up businesses, for example. Robbing banks and gold shops has been another.[69] The group is widely reported as receiving funding from private donors in Gulf states.[70] Iraq's prime minister Nouri al-Maliki has repeatedly accused Saudi Arabia and Qatar of funding ISIS,[71][72][73] although there is reportedly no evidence that this is the case.[74][75] The group is also believed to be receiving considerable funds from their operations in Eastern Syria, where the group has commandeered oil fields and engages in smuggling out raw materials and archaeological artifacts.[76][77] ISIS also generates revenue from producing crude oil and selling electric power in northern Syria. The crude oil is reportedly sold back to the Syrian government.[78] Since 2012, ISIS has been producing annual reports giving some numerical information on its operations, somewhat in the style of corporate reports, seemingly to encourage potential donors.[

Then do some more reading here:

Some financing for al-Qaeda in the 1990s came from the personal wealth of Osama bin Laden.[69] By 2001 Afghanistan had become politically complex and mired. With many financial sources for al-Qaeda, bin Laden's financing role may have become comparatively minor. Sources in 2001 could also have included Jamaa Al-Islamiyya and Islamic Jihad, both associated with Afghan-based Egyptians.[70] Other sources of income in 2001 included the heroin trade and donations from supporters in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and other Islamic countries.[69] A WikiLeaks released memo from the United States Secretary of State sent in 2009 asserted that the primary source of funding of Sunni terrorist groups worldwide was Saudi Arabia.[71]

en.wikipedia.org...

Then do some reading here:

The civil war in Syria, whose Alawite regime Saudi Arabia's Sunny monarchy has long plotted against, and the prospect of a war with Shiite Iran over its reported drive to acquire nuclear weapons, preoccupy Riyadh while, Abdallah, Canute-like, strives to keep the democratic wave from breaking on its shores. Read more: www.upi.com...

Iraq,Afghanistan,Syria has been a proxy war between Saudi Arabia, and Iran for decades.

Sunni's versus Shia.

That isn't what people are being told.

What they are being told is the US is 'behind' everything in the Me.

What a sad joke.

At least you admitted you didn't even watch the video. Instead you posted some wiki material that is nothing more than MSM when it comes to anything of controversy.

If the problem is just between the Sunni & Shia why wouldn't we just sit back and let them kill each other off?

Politicians and their masters have completely sold this country out. The US doesn't even exist anymore. It's the "Homeland" now. They have stripped this country of it's identity and now it's time for the pain and suffering.

What a better way to do it then destabilize a billion muslims for over 20 years, flood the region with weapons and give them a rallying call against a foreign government who has been responsible for the death of millions of their people over two decades.

I fully expect nukes to start popping off any day now.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: RocksFromSpace

It's all about power and wealth. Religion is a convenient excuse to bang heads.

Remember Blair, Bush & Cameron - all devout 'christians' who will take any opportunity to spew their bullsh!t about values, beliefs, 'right and wrong' - whilst looking after revenue and their own positions of power.

But its the same for almost any nation

The thing that gets me more than the lies is that everyone believes them, or at the very least ignores them and lets them go along with all this tripe! I wouldn't say we would all be much happier if they actually *told* the truth. The truth is an ugly thing. But it would be a refreshing change.

The ideology is *always* backed by the acquisition of wealth and power - paint it any way you wish, put a pair of ears on it, call it gods will, it amounts to the same thing.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if Cameron or Obama came clean, "it's all about fossil fuels and energy. If we lose the supply, we're all f%ked. By the way, we're not interested in green energy really - our wealthy powerful pals over in the oil industry just aren't keen."

Instead we get fed that crap about terrorism, liberty, spreading democracy - yada yada. Stirring up a fight somewhere else and telling us all they will come here and kills us all if we dont go there and kill them first.

It's such a crock of sh!t.

edit on 4050Thursday502014-06-19T02:50:40-05:005040 6 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Syria is destined for the same fate if they are successful in removing Assad!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: irak33

How does raised oil prices benefit the consumer?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join