It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fall of Iraq - What You Aren't Being Told

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: tom.farnhill
a reply to: RocksFromSpace
good post it tells us just what we have been thinking all along
there will be no peace until America falls

If America falls I wonder whats going to happen to all the Nukes, probably sold on the black market to boost whats left of a country, America is really the largest that enforces any kind of global anti proliferation so no one will really be left to stop what happens next. I don't think the world could take it if America fell. Nukes are just one of many nasty things laying around think about it.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Great catch!

IMO the real question is. Why do we want to be involved in wars in that region?

It just can't be for the oil anymore.

What's there?

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
Great catch!
IMO the real question is. Why do we want to be involved in wars in that region?
It just can't be for the oil anymore. What's there?

It's the oil, and Israeli security...with a creepy little sidebar from the American religious Right that requires a conflagration in the Middle East to initiate The Rapture.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Awesome video with nothing but the facts. Everyone and their dog should watch this. It's just too bad we can't crowd fund our own major TV network so this sort of thing could find it's way to the majority of the U.S population. Unfortunately, most people will remain ignorant to these facts, despite the fact they are easy to look up if one is so inclined.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
This world is a mess, ran by the prince of the air Satan......what is going on is no shock to me......the middle man call the television controlling the minds of the people and keeping them so distracted with dumb bull crap entertainment.....people accept any and everything the media,,,who is the middle man of mind control throw at them.......this been going on since way back back when when,,,,the wolrd try to rewrite history and prove the Word of God Almighty wrong,,,,,,,,,,the ends days is near and it is only going to get worst......everything done on the dark shall come to the light.......the U,S,A turned their back on god and reaping what they sowed......our fore fathers was for God and they found a few Athens letters numbered to hundreds of letters by our Christian fore fathers and turned everything around to be against God.......we will see who win in the end,,,,,,they are simply the devils puppets,,,, prayer go out for them in Jesus Name,,,,, every station on the T.V is in it,,,,,,,,,a reply to: RocksFromSpace

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It's sad that the government knows exactly what will happen in their game but they do it anyway because a select group can make money and (attempt to) influence world power.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Seriously blaming the GD US ?

The US ?

The US 'weakened' Syria ?

That is where I stopped.

Because it was GD Saudi Arabia, and Qatar, and other Sunni friendly ME countries who supplies AQ.

Here read all about ISIS.

en.wikipedia.org...

Equipment ISIS has captured and currently use American weapons, vehicles and uniforms in their operations. ISIS members have been seen wearing the standard U.S. Army Combat Uniform along with the Interceptor body armor. For night raids, the AN/PVS-7 night vision goggles worn with PASGT helmets are used. Some of the weapons include M16 rifles, M4 carbines, M203 grenade launchers, M60 machine guns, M240 machine guns and RPGs. Some of the vehicles include Humvees, MRAPs, M113 APCs and several T-55 tanks. During the 2014 Northern Iraq offensive, ISIS raided an Iraqi Army base and captured numerous Type 59-1 artillery guns, DShK guns mounted on trucks and several ZU-23-2 anti-aircraft guns.[80][81] When ISIS captured Mosul Airport in June 2014, a number of UH-60 Blackhawk helicopters and cargo planes that were stationed there were seized.[82][83] However, according to Peter Beaumont of the Guardian, it seems unlikely that they would be able to deploy them because they do not have trained pilots in their ranks.[84]

And here:

n mid-2014, Iraqi intelligence extracted information from an ISIS operative which revealed that the organization had assets worth $2bn,[66] reputedly making them the richest jihadist group in the world.[67] About three quarters of this $2bn came from assets seized after the group captured Mosul in June 2014, including perhaps $429 million looted from Mosul's central bank as well as a large quantity of gold bullion.[68] That will "buy a whole lot of Jihad", regional analyst Brown Moses wrote on Twitter, adding, "For example, with $429 million, ISIS could [recruit and] pay 60,000 fighters around $600 a month for a year."[68] ISIS has routinely practised extortion, by demanding money from truck drivers and threatening to blow up businesses, for example. Robbing banks and gold shops has been another.[69] The group is widely reported as receiving funding from private donors in Gulf states.[70] Iraq's prime minister Nouri al-Maliki has repeatedly accused Saudi Arabia and Qatar of funding ISIS,[71][72][73] although there is reportedly no evidence that this is the case.[74][75] The group is also believed to be receiving considerable funds from their operations in Eastern Syria, where the group has commandeered oil fields and engages in smuggling out raw materials and archaeological artifacts.[76][77] ISIS also generates revenue from producing crude oil and selling electric power in northern Syria. The crude oil is reportedly sold back to the Syrian government.[78] Since 2012, ISIS has been producing annual reports giving some numerical information on its operations, somewhat in the style of corporate reports, seemingly to encourage potential donors.[

Then do some more reading here:

Some financing for al-Qaeda in the 1990s came from the personal wealth of Osama bin Laden.[69] By 2001 Afghanistan had become politically complex and mired. With many financial sources for al-Qaeda, bin Laden's financing role may have become comparatively minor. Sources in 2001 could also have included Jamaa Al-Islamiyya and Islamic Jihad, both associated with Afghan-based Egyptians.[70] Other sources of income in 2001 included the heroin trade and donations from supporters in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and other Islamic countries.[69] A WikiLeaks released memo from the United States Secretary of State sent in 2009 asserted that the primary source of funding of Sunni terrorist groups worldwide was Saudi Arabia.[71]

en.wikipedia.org...

Then do some reading here:

The civil war in Syria, whose Alawite regime Saudi Arabia's Sunny monarchy has long plotted against, and the prospect of a war with Shiite Iran over its reported drive to acquire nuclear weapons, preoccupy Riyadh while, Abdallah, Canute-like, strives to keep the democratic wave from breaking on its shores. Read more: www.upi.com...

Iraq,Afghanistan,Syria has been a proxy war between Saudi Arabia, and Iran for decades.

Sunni's versus Shia.

That isn't what people are being told.

What they are being told is the US is 'behind' everything in the Me.

What a sad joke.

edit on 18-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Very good video. I agree with it and it is what I think, however, rarely do these video makers elude to who is behind wanting to attack 7 Muslim countries and why. That is where the problem lies but is not called by name.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Seriously blaming the GD US ?
The US ?
The US 'weakened' Syria ?
That is where I stopped.
Because it was GD Saudi Arabia, and Qatar, and other Sunni friendly ME countries who supplies AQ.

And why do these countries (its the Wahhabism that's the issue, not the Sunnism, btw) have any juice whatsoever?
How about Western oil companies? It begins with oil...it'll end with oil. Don't let your patriotism blind you.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: tom.farnhill
a reply to: RocksFromSpace
good post it tells us just what we have been thinking all along
there will be no peace until America falls

Only God can help us if America does fall, Russia/China/India/Brazil will just stand and watch.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

The reason it is an issue is because its a 2000 year old 'celebrity' death match between two sects within Islam vying for first regional superiority then entire world.

Sunni's want the world.

Shia's want the world.

Their end game is the entire planet under Islamic rule, and sharia law.

Both sides want that same end.

Their oil pays for it party as well as other means of revenue income generation.

Anyone blaming the US, a country that has been on this planet for less than 3 centuries is intentionally ignoring 2000 years of recorded middle east history.
edit on 18-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Seems like its always one in the hole, two down. You win the battle, but you just may lose the war. Personally I think this whole thing should have been handled differently. And there is an ancient Chinese saying something along the lines of you save a mans life your responsible for him. I would not go so far as I am most times even to lazy to take care of myself much less strange people I once saved. But I would say you definitely do not start something you can not finish. And more importantly then that you do not make any promises you are not able to keep even if you think you are able to do so. And seeing what would be required in actually making a place like Iraq stable would literally require day and night pressure and presence for the next few hundred years, I would say you all are biting more then you can chew and digest.

Internal strife requires internal effort to remove it, giving somebody a gun does not make them a soldier, just like giving somebody a sword does not make the a warrior. And it has been proven through thousands of years that occupations do not work, or at least it did not work for Rome or any other empire and power in there time. Good intentions eh? I suppose at one time giving Saddam support was thought as a good intention to keep the rest of the crazy in line, but in most cases you trade one tyrant for another, and power does corrupt no matter who you are.

Its enough to make one think that like when people trek through Africa on tour to see the wildlife, the number one rule is do not mess with the ecosystem, that means do not feed the wildlife and that does include do not help that gazelle that is chased and being run down by the lion. I mean sure its cute and if you shoot the lion it would make you feel good about yourself, maybe even make you feel like a hero because you saved a helpless animals life. But the truth being that very gazelle you helped save that day, could very well fall pray to a cheetah the next day, and if you save every gazelle what would the lions eat?

The Trekkie's are right and the prime directive of not getting involved or and I quote "interfering with the internal development of alien civilizations" is real and has real world consequences. Now Iraq and other like countries and peoples are not quite alien civilizations, but for all intensive purposes they may as well be if you know what I am saying. So ya direct pressure on things and elements in there culture, does leave a direct gaping hole when that pressure is removed. You can't teach ways of life and you can not pass on experiences like they were hot cakes, things just do not work like that. Just like you can not instal democracies which in themselfs barely work here, unto a people who likely have little concept of such things and do not really want it, but like all the other free stuff. And that gazelle that you saved and nurtured to health one day, just may end up as food the next.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

American government war machine is no different than the old post cold war Russian , and when they collapsed with all their nuclear weapons everyone was saying the same thing ( look at all those weapons thats going to end up in the hands of terrorists ) but it did not happen .

even terrorists know that no one is going benefit from a nuclear war .

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
sorry to jump off the bandwagon...
although the video gives a concise history... it misses the mark on the current perps. & reason for the crisis

---> the conclusion that the Jihadists are acting because the USA is using them as dupes to force the American populace to desire another military action in Iraq is pure fantasy/BS

the newest incarnation of fundamentalist Jihadists called ISIL...led by a code named Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is not a Langley or Pentagon creation or front-man

the radical 'splinter group' become 'main force' was not accidental ---but the Force behind their ascendancy is not the USA it is Not Iran.... The Saudi Monarchy got tired of being played & betrayed by USA and called the former, radical but non effective 'slinter group' under AQ--- to un-do all the Nation Building the USA had done with Iraq

China, Russia, Saudi Arabia are all sick A& tired of American money/military/diplomatic hegemony...and all 3 are in the process of 'sticking-it-to-USA'.... Saudi is doing so by having the future Caliphate leader cause the Shia puppet Maliki to stepdown, Iraq to crumble as a nation...and become still another threat to the Saudi enemy Iran sharing a border
edit on th30140311924718202014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96
The US and other western countries may not behind every thing that has been happening. But to say they have had no involvement, even if not directly even if its something as small as arms sales, that would be what they would call a straight up lie. And besides there not using Iranian weapons, nor are they using Saudia Arabian weapons, in fact most of the countries we fight have little capacity to make weapons most especially something as complicated as surface to air missiles some which can target way across a continent, and yet somehow they seem to get there hands on plenty of them, one day who know they could have such things as AWACS and even nukes.

And the funny part is they wont even have to make them, they can just get them from there various sponsors like they always have.
Saudi Arabia AWACS Sale

But I suppose its policy to arm our allies, who will be enemies, who may sometimes be allies now and again depending on the mood, and were the winds are blowing, oh and the profits of certain companies and individuals. Seems that some time ago Iran was going to be our enemy, now some are saying we should help them against this new threat which oh so mysteriously just came to be one day. Round and round we go, seems there plans of toppling 7 countries in 7 years is not working as well as they thought eh? Maybe we should fire them and hire us some of these extremist strategists, they seem to have there stuff together because they grown in power in all that time.

They seem to at the very least working and making more with what they got then the US is with making with overwhelming force and technology in every facet of the game. Its kind of like losing a game of poker when you know the hands of every other player in the room. Its about then, I would say its time for these geniuses to play a game there better at, or at least a game they can win at. We just may need somebody else to make all these grand scheme plans, or better yet make no scheme grand plans and do something else with all that time, money and effort.

edit on 2pmWednesdaypm182014f3pmWed, 18 Jun 2014 14:23:23 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I have noticed on ATS that there are a lot of USA haters.

While I have my own issues with government, and believe they are behind many conflicts that happen around the world, not EVERY time something happens is it the fault of the US.

How could it be?

For a government supposedly so inept, how do we possibly have such complete and utter control over the peoples of different nations?

We can barely control the people of the US, we definitely aren't controlling other nations every single move.

The only difference the US can make with the fighting that has been going on in the middle east for thousands of years would be to just completely wipe them all out. If they don't the fighting will continue on until all of mankind ceases to exist.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Euphem

The only difference the US can make with the fighting that has been going on in the middle east for thousands of years would be to just completely wipe them all out

I prefer this solution:

That Islam institutes a separation of church and state instead.

Since their religious, and political beliefs is a marriage made in hell of death,destruction, and fascism.

And finally come out of the dark ages.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

A good solution, but knowing the history I have no faith that would ever have a chance of happening.

They really just need to be separated completely. As in giving each extreme group their own little island or territory, and just cut them off completely. Monitor them and make sure they know that if they step foot into any other country without permission they will be instantly killed.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Euphem

The only difference the US can make with the fighting that has been going on in the middle east for thousands of years would be to just completely wipe them all out. If they don't the fighting will continue on until all of mankind ceases to exist.

That's probably there thought exactly, to wipe us all out because we wont stop believing in Allah, are the great satan, and all that jive. All of mankind even womankind has been fighting over various things for pretty much all of time, and in the past some of the the things we all fought over were much more stupider then this. I do not think fighting over things is going to go away, even fighting over grievances or even fighting over make believe ideologies or religions or various make believe men in the sky.

They all sort of tie into each other and they all spawn each other time and time again. The only way your going to stop humankind from fighting on this planet is if there is no humankind to be fighting over things. And then whatever comes next the planet of the apes which would be sort of redundant I think, or it could be the planet of the ants as ants are pretty industrious insects, well they will end up fighting over ant things. And why is that? Well I have my ideas and theories on why and how you can curtail such things.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
There is little more going on there, most times religion is but the workhorse and the veneer hiding more practical things, such as a land grab, or resource grab, or even control of a nation. So ya remove religion you just remove one excuse they would have, however there would be something else filling in that vacuum, there always is.

And besides that you would have a better change in going to the deep south into bible country and trying to convince people there to throw away there bibles and stop being so jessusy. Even there I know people say there is a separation of state and church, but really there isn't, after all why are so many religious people in positions of power. Even ol G Bush jr was always going on about god, and if its gods will. Duh! This whole separation of church and state we have especially in some states, Its for the most part a separation in name only, even here in the US, even now some hundreds of years latter after it was declared law and such.

Basically its not going to happen, not in that state the only way your going to do it and even then it wont be all completely is if they were all integrated into western society maybe there kids or kids kids some generations from now would. And even then they would just bring all that with them and integrated into whatever society they are in. But to go to the middle east basically in there Quran country, and tell them to drop there Quran and change there whole ways and believes, just like that at the drop of a dime. Well you would need a whole army behind you. Basically what I am saying is its been tried, and did not work so well.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join