It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Will Blow Your Mind! Anunnaki in the Antarctic?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
originally posted by: daaskapital
originally posted by: sled735
So, the question is, who wrote this map?

I'm going to take a wild guess and say a guy named Piri Reis...after whom the map is named...

In my previous post:

The most puzzling however is not so much how Piri Reis managed to draw such an accurate map of the Antarctic region 300 years before it was discovered, but that the map shows the coastline under the ice. Geological evidence confirms that the latest date Queen Maud Land could have been charted in an ice-free state is 4000 BC.

It seems to back up the theory that people with incredible knowledge (the Atlantis civilization?) could have done this with the help of an advanced civilization.

No, just no.

Then please explain to me how this was done when the latest it could have been charted in an ice-free state was 4000 BC ?

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

I can't say they aren't true. Some are based on speculation, but I never, knowingly, post a hoax.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I can't say they aren't true. Some are based on speculation, but I never, knowingly, post a hoax.

Thank you, but that is answering a different question isn't it? I don't believe anyone in this thread has questioned your integrity, but they have (rightly) questioned the source material - that is really a different thing.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I find truth in this video. Maybe not all of it, but I can't say for sure either way.
I see nothing here to call this a hoax.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I find truth in this video. Maybe not all of it, but I can't say for sure either way.

But you have to understand - that's your opinion. This subject has done the rounds on ATS many times. In all cases when you dig beneath the hype in the video you actually find little of substance that can stand up to the cold light of day. But then, that's my opinion isn't it?

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

But you have to understand - that's your opinion. This subject has done the rounds on ATS many times. In all cases when you dig beneath the hype in the video you actually find little of substance that can stand up to the cold light of day. But then, that's my opinion isn't it?

I'm entitled to my opinion, same as you. Let's just leave it at that.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

In my previous post:

The most puzzling however is not so much how Piri Reis managed to draw such an accurate map of the Antarctic region 300 years before it was discovered, but that the map shows the coastline under the ice. Geological evidence confirms that the latest date Queen Maud Land could have been charted in an ice-free state is 4000 BC.

You asked who made the map, i replied with the author himself, Piri Reis.

Again, it is generally believed that the map does not depict Antarctica. Even if it did, the coastline of Antarctica, and its geographical location as depicted in the map, are wrong. Do you have any evidence from legitimate sources, which actually state what World-Mysteries.com says? Sure, World-Mysteries.com provides some interesting information, but i can't take them serious when they rely on the works of Charles Hapgood (who obviously wasn't right in the head), and a supposed email communication with the US Air Force. Hell, they don't even expand on the point made about the supposed seismic charting of Antarcitca. The only information i could find on it were from alternative sites (i.e. mostly unreliable). In the following post, i will share a Wikipedia discussion on the matter, which provides some insight into it.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

Air Force quote

Removed the following quote as unsourced:

On 6th July 1960 the U. S. Air Force responded to Prof. Charles H. Hapgood of Keene College, specifically to his request for an evaluation of the ancient Piri Reis Map:

6, July, 1960
Subject: Admiral Piri Reis Map
TO: Prof. Charles H. Hapgood
Keene College
Keene, New Hampshire

Dear Professor Hapgood,
Your request of evaluation of certain unusual features of the Piri Reis map of 1513 by this organization has been reviewed.
The claim that the lower part of the map portrays the Princess Martha Coast of Queen Maud Land, Antarctic, and the Palmer Peninsular, is reasonable. We find that this is the most logical and in all probability the correct interpretation of the map.
The geographical detail shown in the lower part of the map agrees very remarkably with the results of the seismic profile made across the top of the ice-cap by the Swedish-British Antarctic Expedition of 1949.
This indicates the coastline had been mapped before it was covered by the ice-cap.
The ice-cap in this region is now about a mile thick.
We have no idea how the data on this map can be reconciled with the supposed state of geographical knowledge in 1513.

Harold Z. Ohlmeyer Lt. Colonel, USAF Commander

Seems a source is needed and some info re: Ohlmeyer's credentials and notability, as being a light bird carries no scientific weight to my knowledge. Vsmith (talk) 16:36, 14 February 2009 (UTC)

Good luck. No one has ever been able to trace Ohlmeyer so far as I know.

He is deceased. Here is his obituary: (Can read in link)

The geologist Paul Heinrich wrote:

However, Lt. Colonel Harold Z. Ohlmeyer, 8th Reconnaissance Technical Squadron and Dr. Hapgood all made significant errors that invalidate their conclusions. First, both Lt. Colonel Ohlmeyer and Dr. Hapgood incorrectly assume that the subglacial topography of Antarctica is the same as the ice-free topography of Antarctica. The actual subglacial topography differs from a hypothetical ice-free topography because of the 293,778,800 cubic kilometers of ice that either lies grounded on bedrock or stacked as ice rises on bedrock islands (Drewry 1982, sheet 4). The sheer weight of this ice has depressed the continent of Antarctica and associated crust by hundreds of meters. Should the weight of the Antarctic ice be removed form the Antarctic crust, isostatic rebound would raise the subglacial topography as much as 950 meters (3100 feet) in the interior to 50 meters (160 feet) along the coast. Furthermore, melting of all of the world's ice, of which Antarctic ice cap is 90 percent of the total, would raise sea level by about 80 meters (260 feet)(Drewry 1983, sheet 6). Thus, the modern subglacial bedrock topography and the modern coastline differs significantly from the coastline and topography of a hypothetical ice-free Antarctica. Thus, the topography and coastline that Lt. Colonel Ohlmeyer and Dr. Hapgood claim match the Piri Reis Map would be different from the topography and coastline that would characterize a hypothetical ice-free Antarctica.
Second, the Piri Reis Map lacks any topographic contours. If contours are lacking on the Piri Reis Map, the topographic data needed to compare the topography shown by the 1949 seismic data with the topography of the Piri Reis Map on a scientific basis are completely lacking. Without this data, the claims of Lt. Colonel Ohlmeyer and Dr. Hapgood are nothing more personal opinions, certainly not proof, that cannot be scientifically tested.
Finally, the single seismic line, i.e. the seismic profile of the Norwegian-British Swedish Expedition of 1949, is insufficient evidence to determine if the subglacial bedrock topography of Antarctica resembles the Piri Reis map. The problem is that the comparison is being made along one essentially randomly chosen line. Neither Lt. Colonel Ohlmeyer, Dr. Hapgood, nor the 8th Reconnaissance Technical Squadron could know whether the topography outside of this line, a good 99.9 percent of the area resembled the Piri Reis map because they lacked any other data in addition to the seismic profile. Even the map of the bedrock geology of Antarctica compiled in 1972, Heezen et al. (1972) shows that even by that date the bedrock topography lying beneath Queen Maud Land was largely unmapped and unknown. Thus, even in 1961, because of insufficient information, it would have been impossible for anybody to make any positive claims about whether the Piri Reis Map and the subglacial topography shows any resemblance.
Since 1949 and 1966, Drewry (1982) compiled the available data obtained from seismic surveys and radio echo soundings into what still considered the most comprehensive mapping that has ever been published. A comparison of the portion of the Piri Reis map, which they claim to be Antarctica, with a both more recent subglacial bedrock topography map (Drewry 1982, sheet 3) and a bedrock surface map isostatically adjusted for glacial rebound (Drewry 1982, sheet 6) showed a distinct lack of any striking similarities their coastlines and that of the Piri Reis Map. The lack of correspondence between the Piri Reis Map and an ice-free Antarctica is not surprising given the evidence presented by Linde (1980) that the source maps for the other parts of the Piri Reis Map are of no great antiquity.
Drewry, D. J. (ed.), 1983, Antarctica: Glaciological and Geophysical Folio. Scott Polar Research Institute,Cambridge. dougweller (talk) 17:11, 14 February 2009 (UTC)

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 18-6-2014 by daaskapital because: emphases

edit on 18-6-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Its not a stretch to say that the anunnaki traversed this planet. Most likely they flew in craft like vimana and the like. This is why pyramids can be found all over the Earth. The original beings who built them taught civilization all over this planet.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Sled, don't take this as anything but loving criticism... please.

As an enthusiastic delver into the strange, the whole hollow-earth/Nazi thing took a few hours of my time ... but it is a fact-poor tall tale... of which there are too many in the world. The thing is, there are enough totally strange things to engage our minds without murking up the waters with this (90% at least) crapola.

It's frustrating in that this "stuff" needs some serious attention in general... since esp does happen, ghosts are experienced, UFOs do cruise our skies, odd critters shuffle around, and our physics and general understanding of the world seems to be lacking in several areas, etc. (thus on to even weirder stuff ) but half-baked Youtube videos don't further the cause (not to say I haven't been roped in ...'cause I have).

So, trying to be diplomatic, this is stuff that is sensationalized to rope in the lazy and gullible... of which I am certainly guilty of being sometimes. It's hard to discern good info from bad when you've learned that we don't really know as much as we think we do... but you can make educated guesses based on non-biased facts (which still exist).

Which is my long winded way of saying, "we love ya... but everyone makes boo-boos sometimes."

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oannes
Its not a stretch to say that the anunnaki traversed this planet. Most likely they flew in craft like vimana and the like. This is why pyramids can be found all over the Earth. The original beings who built them taught civilization all over this planet.

It's a very big stretch as only Sitchen claims to have translated material to show they existed. How stretchy are you?

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Jeesh:

Here is the: Title "This Will Blow Your Mind! Anunnaki in the Antarctic? "

Then the post is total rubbish; discussed many, many times (the map is *not* showing Antarctica--its showing the coast of South America). All to be expected, of course, however what i'm dismayed about that is that the OP'er is still, after 6 pages, defending this and others seems to rally to the fantasy/myth of it as well. In absence of data/science its floated on unicorns, nazis, rainbows and Anunnaki

I'd suggest that the general quality of posts on ats would increase Year over Year if more of the easily discounted one like this never made it to the 'Top' front page off of so many wishful thoughts

Regards

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Then please explain to me how this was done when the latest it could have been charted in an ice-free state was 4000 BC ?

To complete my rebuttal, i will say that you appear to be stuck in that you continue to believe that the map must have been charted in an ice-free state, therefore meaning that the map must be ancient, or portray an ancient Antarctica - meaning that connections to a higher power or technological societies must be a given. It is quite a reach.

The simple fact is that the map was not charted in 4000 BC. It was charted by Piri Reis in 1513. It seems to have relied on prior maps, and does not sufficiently portray Antarctica at all. Many believe that Reis either charted South America in relation to its actual coastline and the hypothetical landmass of Terra Australis, or he just winged the charting of the land mass south of what was known at the time.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
You guys are arguing over the validity of the map and the argue and subject can exist without the map.
We know for a fact hitler was trying to "find" some religious artifact, relic of power or weapon or just the knowledge to convert it into a "usable" power.

I don't find this hard to believe. The places he went, the things he'd study, and what he produced from that is nothing short of amazing. I really hate when people call him a genius though. A genius would never force his niece to number 2 in his mouth and then kill her some years later. This is documented and factual.

What he did was follow a trail of bread crumbs and baked a new loaf. He's almost a pioneer with AA theories or the advanced times of the past, when you talk about deciphering religious doctrines and mysteries. He did that.

However, despite his false transliterations, negative energy I have instinctively followed a very similar path and I reached the same door. I believe there is something on Antarctica. Very few people even realize that its not like the north pole. It is an actual continent, with fossilized pines and other trees and elements to suggest it was a tropical place. I believe Africa , South America (carribean and even florida), and Antarctica are very very similar.

To all the naysayer, go study maps and you will realize their are alot of anomalies. There are ancient maps that could have only been made with an aerial view, I can't remember the name, but I believe it was of an Asiatic origin. I just hate when people use the argument, "it was done this many years ago, so what we use today didn't exist, so its fakery, its impossible." That is pure rubbish, I wish someone would come up with a formula to describe the unknown variable that can and will be found where ever one looks. Like the dogon and telling scientist about 2 stars that couldn't be seen with a naked eye and there is no evidence of them using telescope.
edit on 18-6-2014 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: eidit

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Well I came late to the party and after reaching the end of the thread - phew... girl. You got some haters, don't you?

After all, I like to consider, hypothesize, and what if my way - around such stories as Sled so wonderfully crafts for us.

But I did notice, many here Sled are of the jealous type. Very molded in their way of thinking, and fighting hellishly to get other people to also fall into their way of thinking. It helps them validate themselves, and their methods. It's a coping mechanism they play to justify their means. I'd really start just, thanking them for their contribution to your thread and pay them no mind.

Focus on those posts who are interested in the same "what if" questions you are. After all, simply by their manner you know they think they are on a crusade to enlighten the "dummies" right? In their mind, that's what justifies it for them. They think they are saving people from their foolishly stupid ideas!

I've always been interested in the rumors of occultism in Nazi Germany. I also look at the "Projects" that erupted in the US after the acquiring some of the Scientists from Nazi Germany in Project Paperclip. Here are a few sites I've come across in researching for myself the ideas presented in your OP Sled, (cause lets face it, we aren't looking at skeptics willing to "what-if" the content for even a moment - that would be "*gasp* sacrilegious to the status quo of what our approved history teaches us.)

Yeah pretend this is a finger
and

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

www.gnosticliberationfront.com...

www.sacred-texts.com...

Well, those are a few interesting sites I came across regarding the "myth" surrounding these topics, as I find that it's fascinating stuff, regardless of what pans out to be forbidden history; and just mythology. Either way, it says a lot about us - humanity.

CdT
edit on 18-6-2014 by CirqueDeTruth because: grammar

edit on 18-6-2014 by CirqueDeTruth because: clarification

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

The most puzzling thing about the Piri Re'is map is why anyone thinks it looks anything like the coastline of Antarctica - past, present or future! Have you actually looked at it? Moreover, have you compared it with a map of the Antarctic - with or without ice? Note the obvious discrepency?
And that's without none of the smaller details matching at all.

Though to be fair, it does suggest someone mapped the Argentinian coast several years before official records say it was mapped.

See also:

www.badarchaeology.com...

edit on 18-6-2014 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oannes

They didnt travel far because they needed to build huge pyramids to navigate by. They had no concept of maps or compasses. Read Sitchen.

How they reached Earth from another planet is in fact the greatest mystery in the universe. Although some say they were looking for Polaris and took rather a wrong turn at Antares after mistaking Ceres for a gas giant.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join